Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

The Golden Sword - new book in Highlander Series

Greetings. First came Marti Talbott's Highlander Series I (Anna, Rachel & Charlet) Volume 1-5

and then  Betrothed and The Viking.

Now read Marti Talbott's latest book:

The Golden Sword

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

All 4 of my novels are now on sale for the low, low price of $.99 each for a short time, and then they'll go back to $2.99.

The Usurper  a thriller

Ever wonder what would happen if our worst fears were realized, and we elected someone who was willing to destroy the USA no matter the cost to him, his fellow Americans, or the rest of the world? The Usurper is that novel.

Gary Jackson is raised to hate. Hate the United States, and everything it has ever stood for. His mission is to destroy the country from within, allying himself with the worst of America's enemies, and one very powerful and malevolent billionaire, to accomplish the deed. Once elected to the highest position in the land, Gary puts his lifelong goals to work, and puts the USA onto the path of ultimate destruction. He stops at nothing to rid the USA of his political and spiritual enemies. Once his goals are met, he sets his eyes on the ultimate prize, control of the rest of the world. Will anyone stop this man before it's too late?

Advanced humans, called Terrans, leave Earth when its threatened by a massive meteor. The remaining humans on Earth fall back into primitiveness. The advanced humans, and a group of aliens, the Ragnor, involve Earth in an interstellar war. Thousands of years later, the humans of Earth decide to do something about this. Interstellar politics will never be the same again once Earth is done with their revenge. These Terrans involve themselves throughout human history. Some play as King Arthur and Merlin. Another is a scientist, whose name is Galileo, and he gets into all sorts of trouble for challenging official orthodoxy about the sun, the Earth, and which one is revolving around the other. Then, we have Amelia Earhart, who has a very valid reason for disappearing.

When an alien spaceship gets shot down over Roswell in 1947, President Truman orders the creation of Area 51, Project Blue Book and Sign, and has the United States embark on a plan that will culminate 60 years in the future. Nothing will ever be the same again when the United States gets involved in interstellar politics. But, the whole plan backfires when Earth ends up the worse for wear over it. Other species find out what Earth did, since no one else was bold enough to even try, so they want to help bring down the Ragnor once and for all. The new President of the United States imagines a galactic federation or a republic, but, none of the other species wants anything to do with it. With the help of the Terran who is known to Earth as Amelia Earhart, they plot to destroy the Ragnor once and for all. Will Earth learn never to interfere in interstellar politics or will the humans finally succeed in getting all the aliens in the universe to leave them alone?

New User
SccrMom
0 Kudos

Tree Huggers by Judy Nichols

I'm so excited to let everyone here know that my book Tree Huggers, a cozy mystery, is available through B&N in both print and Nook format. So if you received one of those wonderful new-fangled e-readers, here's your chance to load up your e-library.

It's also a great choice for mystery fans, book clubs and people who love books about the Carolinas.

For divorcee Kate Dennison, life couldn't be better. She has a beautiful seven year old daughter, she owns the perfect little house in a quaint old neighborhood of Wilmington, North Carolina and she's just taken an exciting new job as a reporter for a weekly newspaper. She's even rekindled an old flame with a man from her past, Bryan Haas. Although she used to refer to him as "The Tall Skinny Guy Who Couldn't Commit" things will be different this time around. She's sure of it.

But instead of school pageants and the deadly dull meetings of the Planning and Zoning Board of Appeals, Kate is assigned to cover a fatal fire in a luxury ocean front home, apparently set by a militant environmentalist group called The Forces of Nature. Two men perished in the flames and a radical college student named Tim Kessler is charged with their murder. Despite her pledge to remain unbiased, Kate believes Kessler is being tried for a crime he didn't commit and she sets out to prove it.

As she works to unearth the truth, she begins to fear for her own safety. She receives death threats, her office is firebombed and she finds herself embroiled in a bitter custody battle with her ex-husband. Kate faces the prospect of losing her freedom, her daughter and even her life and she
wonders how high a price she's willing to pay to see justice done.

To purchase Tree Huggers from BN, please click here. And by all means, check out my website, www.judy5cents.com

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Forever Young: How To Fight The Aging Process

“Forever Young’ isn't just about adding years to your life or for seniors only. It's about functioning at peak capacity throughout life, feeling great, and being able to do things that make life worth living. It's about being biologically or functionally young, regardless of your chronological age. You will find not only scientific theories about aging but their safe application to stay young.

FOREVER YOUNG  

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I have 2 haunted house novels and 2 free short ghost stories available for the Nook:

Heir to Winston Manor is available for $2.99:
Tim Weir is stunned to learn that he is included in the will of his great aunt and uncle. Wanting to see what needs to be done to the house, he takes time off from work to visit the large estate on the coast of Lake Michigan that he inherits. He realizes that he may not be alone in the vacant house. With restless spirits remaining around the estate, Tim searches for answers to understand why the ghosts linger and why he was chosen to inherit the manor. (about 44,000 words).

The Wahl House Curse  is available for $2.99:
Peter Corbin is in need of a change in his job as a realtor in a busy Michigan suburb. A chance to transfer to a small town in mid-Michigan seems to be what he and his wife Sarah need. They purchase an old house for a bargain price without much regard for the troubled past. This proves to be something he will soon regret. (about 60,000 words).

The Ghost of Birch River Cabin, a short story, is free temporarily!
Staying at a dark secluded cabin along the Birch River that his uncle owns seems like the perfect fly fishing weekend getaway for Paul. Strange occurrences begin happening. Will it be enough to prevent the unknown history of the cabin from being repeated? (about 5500 words).

Slow Down is free!

A short story about a careless driver, named Scott, who causes a tragedy. Scott is haunted by his actions. Will it cause him to change his ways?

Thank you,

John T. Gaffield

New User
grifstudio
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! The House In THe Bottom by Thomas Alfred Griffin

PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE "friends"

I also have this book available to all Nook Readers with a link right here on the page!!

PLEASE VISIT AND PASS ALONG....My book is only .99!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/The-House-In-The-Bottom/124068980976141

For Nook:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940012202505

Would love to hear from you!

grifstudio@cox.net

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

The Power of Breathing  

Contributor
Doug_DePew
0 Kudos

SAT & BAF! Memories of a Tower Rat

[ Edited ]

I'm proud to present SAT & BAF!  Memories of a Tower Rat by Doug DePew.

This is a personal memoir of the my time in C Company, 2/4 Infantry (Pershing) in Heilbronn, West Germany. We were security for Pershing II nuclear missiles, and this memoir carries you through my tour from 1986 to 1988 at the end of the Cold War. Pershing was a very high profile command because of the rising tensions in the Cold War. The missiles were extremely controversial, and it was an extremely stressful assignment. The book includes some military things and some personal things. The narrative is friendly and conversational. It's like you're alongside me. I share high points and low points. It's a brutally honest and often funny book that's an entertaining read. This is a glimpse inside 56th Field Artillery Command (Pershing) that has never been granted before. If you like military memoirs or just a good story, this book is worth checking out.

After my time in Germany, I served two more years at Fort Carson, Colorado and was recalled to active duty in support of Operation Desert Storm in 1991. Then I was in the Naval Reserves, earned a BSEd in history, was a teacher, correctional officer, and now I teach in a prison. People told me for twenty years that I should write a book, so I did. I hope people enjoy it.

Here is the official site for the book. It is available on Barnes & Noble and will soon be available on Nookbooks as well. Thank you for checking it out!

http://outskirtspress.com/webpage.php?ISBN=9781432771324

I'll add a cover image when I'm on my computer

Doug DePew
Author of SAT & BAF! Memories of a Tower Rat

Contributor
Doug_DePew
0 Kudos

Re: SAT & BAF! Memories of a Tower Rat

Sorry for the second post. I meant to add my cover image when I got home, but I think I'm beyond the time limit. Here's the cover for

Doug DePew
Author of SAT & BAF! Memories of a Tower Rat

Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Buy for $9.95...recommended reading -  Encounter at North Road House  on B&N NOOKbook - E-Book -

A masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type enters a house looking for another life to take, but the house is empty and haunted by ghostly spirits of wickedness.  The doors of the haunted house then lock shut and entrap the masked-killer - instantly, a war breaks out between the haunted elements of the house and the masked psychopath.