Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Jennifer_Malin
0 Kudos

Re: Eternally Yours by Jennifer Malin

Originally one of the launch books for Jove's Love Letters line, Eternally Yours is now available on Nook for $2.99. Quick description:

Eternally Yours Lara Peale plans to make big changes to her Victorian home to exorcise reminders of her former marriage. Local historian Mark Vereker has spent years trying to save old buildings and vows to prevent her from ruining her home. Meanwhile, late poet and womanizer Geoffrey Vereker watches them from beyond. What starts as voyeurism gives him insight into his cursed existence, but can he find redemption for his past?

Sample chapters are available on my blog here: http://www.jenmalin.com/eternally-yours

(Please take a look around the blog and comment, too -- on any post!)

Thanks very much for considering my books!

Jen

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Art of Stress-free Living: Eastern and Western Approach

This is a practical guide that combines stress treatment approaches recognized for centuries by faith healers and meditation experts, and are now accepted by modern medical practitioners. It can save you from going to expensive seminars and other programs offered in physicians' offices, spas, schools or retirement centers; because it provides relaxation techniques that you can follow yourself.

Art of Stress-free Living  

Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Buy for $9.95...recommended reading -  Encounter at North Road House  on B&N NOOKbook - E-Book -

A masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type enters a house looking for another life to take, but the house is empty and haunted by ghostly spirits of wickedness.  The doors of the haunted house then lock shut and entrap the masked-killer - instantly, a war breaks out between the haunted elements of the house and the masked psychopath.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Science, Religion & Spirituality

This guide will teach you to observe your mind, to live in gratitude, and to discard expectations. The benefits of focusing on your spiritual-self include tranquility, increased production, resurgence of vitality, mental clarity and joy of living. An understanding of “Science, Religion & Spirituality” will put you on a road to love and happiness irrespective of your faith.

Science, Religion & Spirituality  

Contributor
Donna-Callea
0 Kudos

99 cent sale

I've just reduced both of my novels to 99 cents. Hope you'll give one or both a try.

New Coastal Times http://search.barnesandnoble.com/New-Coastal-Times/Donna-Callea/e/9781452432199/? is set in the near future-- maybe tomorrow-- as Hurricane Walter begins swallowing Florida, and things aren't too swell elsewhere. But love, friendship, hope and (gulp) Broadway show tunes survive.

The Haircut, a New Year's Tale http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Haircut-A-New-Years-Tale/Donna-Callea/e/9781452489117/? is for those who love a love story. Mike's a handsome young barber still mourning his wife who died two years earlier, giving birth to their child. Tasha is an immigrant princess who's being forced to marry a millionaire with a very odd fetish. It's 1948 in a city that could be New York-- and Misha the angel has a vested interest in happy endings.

Donna Callea
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

50 to 75% sale

I wonder if there is reading week sale for a week or so at BN. Or just to have sale or coupon for our books.  I mean discount coupon.

There is sale on smashwords where the books are reduced 50% and some even over 50%.

Contributor
BigBus

Re: 50 to 75% sale

I'm participating in the 'Read an eBook Week' at Smashwords and my books are flying out the door. Obviously, price does matter. I think B&N would do well to consider something along the same lines. It can be very difficult for Indie authors and publishers to promote their work on a budget and I would much rather discount a book and know that people are reading my work rather than simply throwing money into an abyss and hoping for the best. That's what makes it all worthwhile, after all. Good luck, Will Decker

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Under Witch Moon - Urban fantasy

[ Edited ]

New link to Under Witch Moon:

Under Witch Moon

Adriel should have known that with a werewolf, it never stopped with just one body. She would have gone to the police after witnessing Dolores' death, but she wasn't certain the killer she saw was responsible for the other murders. Besides, the police didn't believe in werewolves, and they weren't going to believe she was a witch either so what could she tell them?

She kept her eyes and ears open while she tried to help her latest client escape the clutches of a voodoo witch, but things went from bad to worse when more bodies turned up. She was greatly relieved when she met White Feather, an undercover cop. Unfortunately, he wasn't convinced she was innocent of all wrong-doing.

It was going to take every spell she knew and a few she hadn't tried to solve the murders and stay alive.

Thanks,
Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
New User
cmiller561
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Doctor's Tiffany Case and Carmen Ortiz took time out of their busy schedules to spend a relaxing day at the nude beach. Carmen brought along her gay decorator, Rubin De La Huerta. As the women sunned and sipped champagne, Rubin made a new friend. J.B. seemed like a nice enough guy, but things aren't always as they seem. Read about it in "The Fires OF Remorse" published by Whiskey Creek Press. Go to my site www.carl-miller.com to find where it's available. Fictionwise (a Barnes And Noble company) sells the ebook version.

New User
cmiller561
0 Kudos

The Fires Of Remorse

•  
    • The Fires Of Remorse is a psycho-thriller set in South Florida. Read more about it at www.carl-miller.com. It's available in print and ebook versions. Ebooks are available at Fictionwise.com (a Barnes And Noble company)
  • Fires of Remorse_FINAL.jpg