Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
joycedebacco
0 Kudos

Rubies and Other Gems - the Novel

B & N Nook

Rubies and Other Gems - the Novel, on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords.

Lily’s life isn’t going well. Her husband is clueless and her children are rudderless. It's little wonder she seeks comfort in her dreams, unaware that her grandmother’s rubies have transported her back through time to a safer, saner existence.

When she realizes her dream lover is a real man who lived and died years before she was born, her problems mount. Despite her fears that her marriage may not survive her unintentional infidelity, she’s entranced by the simpler nature of times gone by and can't resist going back, but only after imposing strict rules of conduct on herself.

But a miscalculation keeps her away longer than planned, and she's confronted by an angry husband on her return. Aware she can't make amends and steer her children in the right direction unless she stays in the here and now, Lily vows to leave the past to the past. But in her attempt to take away the jewelry's power, she inadvertently sends herself back without her return ticket, the rubies.

I hope you'll check it out. First two chapters on my website, http://www.joycedebacco.com

B & N Nook

visit http://www.joycedebacco.com for the first two chapters of all my books.
Contributor
AshReads
0 Kudos

Meant to Be by: Tiffany King

Hi, my name is Tiffany King the author of the Paranormal/Romance YA novel “Meant to Be” and I’m practically a native Floridian. My family and I have been here for the last fourteen years and have gotten quite used to the mild winters and scorching summers. I went back to school when I turned 31 and will finish up this spring. I wrote my book “Meant to Be” two years into my degree program and put it on hold while I finished school. Of course my degree has nothing to do with writing *drat* but that doesn’t mean that I’m not going to keep writing. During this process with “Meant to Be” I discovered just how much I love to write and I have many story ideas tucked away. Join me at my blog at http://authortiffany.wordpress.com/ 

About Meant to Be

Krista Miller feels like she has lived her entire life in a glass box with her every emotion on display. She can’t help feeling like a defect as her sensitivities have made her socially inept and without any real friends; the one exception being the boy that visits her each night in her dreams. 

Krista’s emotions are put to the test when a move to California triggers a devastating change to her fantasy world. The nightly comfort that the boy provides has now become a recurring nightmare as he is taken from her by an unseen force.

Struggling to appear normal, Krista enrolls in a new school and finds it to be nothing like she thought.  Her new life is sent spiraling out of control from a strange connection with a boy, Mark, who claims to know all her secrets. 

As Krista begins to explore the emotions that Mark evokes in her, secrets from their past about their shared connection threatens to separate them just when they have found each other.

Buy Meant to Be: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Meant-to-Be/Tiffany-King/e/2940012277657/?itm=1&USRI=meant+to+be+ti...

Frequent Contributor
Patrick_Skelton
0 Kudos

The Device A Sci Fi Drama $3.99

When John Timmons finds an unusual metal object behind his cabin in Colorado, he suspects it belongs to his new neighbor, Jacob Mowat--a retired nuclear engineer who claims to have been employed by the government. As their friendship progresses, John discovers that his neighbor is guarding a terrible secret. His search for answers leads to a startling truth about his own troubled past as an orphan and the fate of humanity.

THE DEVICE is a character-driven mystery that explores loss and redemption, corruption and miracles. Fans of speculative fiction--George Orwell's 1984 and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World---will enjoy the chilling climax.

Author of THE DEVICE A Suspense Novel

[url=http://www.patrickskelton.weebly.com]The Device [/url]
Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Price $9.95 - Encounter at North Road House  on B&N NOOKbook

A masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type enters a house looking for another life to take, but the house is empty and haunted.  The doors of the haunted house then lock shut and entrap the masked-killer - instantly, a war breaks out between the haunted elements of the house and the masked psychopath.

Reader
Gladiola_Ann-ChkNachos
0 Kudos

http://chickennachos.bravehost.com/index.htm

CHICKEN NACHOS (the book)

Domestic Violence is not just a physical malady. Please help us bring attention and validation to those experiencing verbal and emotional abuse. Unfortunately when the perpetrator hits the victim internally not only does the recipient question what just happened, but so too does society. Chicken Nachos educates the reader (and brings validation to the victims) on a piece of domestic violence too often swept under the rug!

Having lived through emotionally and verbally abusive marriages, it is our intent to create societal awareness of and bring about change to beliefs (and laws) that prolong the damage incurred from this type of abuse... as marriages end and families fragment.

If you are in, know someone in or have ever been in a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship please take time to read Chicken Nachos. We would also appreciate your feedback and hope you might share our message with family and friends.

Gladiola and Petunia
Contributor
Donna-Callea
0 Kudos

Everything You Never Knew You Wanted in a Post-Apocalyptic Novel

New Coastal Times has everything you never knew you wanted in a post-apocalyptic novel:

Wal-Mart residents enjoying a Christmas sing-along
Religious fanatics waiting for Jesus in Okeefenokee Swamp Park
Sexed-up displaced youths enjoying each other in a government-sponsored free-love commune
References to an ungodly number of Broadway musicals.

And more. Much more.
Except no ravenous zombies. (sorry)

New Coastal Times is set in the near future (maybe tomorrow) as Hurricane Walter begins swallowing Florida. And things aren't too swell elsewhere as tsunamis, earthquakes, and other worst-ever natural and unnatural disasters usher in a whole new era spurred by global warming. (Hey, just like now!). But despite everything, love, friendship, humor and (gulp) Broadway show tunes survive. 

On sale now for just 99 cents.  Hope you'll give it a try.

Donna Callea
Contributor
David_Burrows
0 Kudos

The Prophecy of the Kings - a fantasy trilogy

Free Books

I am running a competition from May to July offering free copies of my trilogy each month. The competition is as follows.

1.  Let me know why you want a copy of the trilogy. I bags, because I just do, dude so that doesn't count. At the end of May I will announce the winner on this blog page. Entries should be posted on my blog under the comment box. If this is difficult to do then email me your answer to prophecyofthekings@blueyonder.co.uk . My blog site is http://tinyurl.com/6ammcf5

2.   Email me three names of the main heroes. Hint - have a look at my website and the free sample chapters. In the event of a tie I will draw names from a hat. Email to the same address above. I will announce the winner at the end of June. http://davidburrows.org.uk/

3.   Send me a fantasy related joke. I will post these on my blog. Feel free to decide which is your favourite, but my decision is final. For example jokes check some initial jokes out at http://davidsfantasyjokes.blogspot.com/ You can convert most the jokes you know to fantasy ones; give it a try. I will announce the winner at the end of July.

Good luck and best wishes

David Burrows

Author of the Prophecy of the Kings 

Prophecy Of The Kings    

David Burrows
Author of the Prophecy of the Kings
http://davidburrows.org.uk/
Reader
WinglessBookSeries
0 Kudos

Wingless Book Series

Hi everyone, My name is Holly Hood and I am a new author. I have written a book series. Currently there are 5 in the series that are for sale, and I am halfway done with the sixth. I also have a couple other books that I wrote that are seperate from the series. Still working on getting them all up, so far the first three in the series are up and running on Nook. Wingless Book series is Paranormal/Romance genre. Thanks for your time!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Wingless/Holly-Hood/e/2940012318701/?itm=1&USRI=wingless+book+serie...

Holly Hood

Wingless Book Series
Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Re: My Horror Novels and Short Stories for Nook!

Here are my Short Stories (both FREE!):

Slow Down  

A short story about a careless driver, named Scott, who causes a tragedy. Scott is haunted by his actions. Will it cause him to change his ways?

The Ghost of Birch River Cabin  

Staying at a dark secluded cabin along the Birch River that his uncle owns seems like the perfect fly fishing weekend getaway for Paul. Strange occurrences begin happening. Will it be enough to prevent the unknown history of the cabin from being repeated?

Here are my full length horror novels:

Heir to Winston Manor  is available for $2.99:

Tim Weir is stunned to learn that he is included in the will of his great aunt and uncle. He inherits the house that he had visited a few times in his youth. Wanting to see what needs to be done in order to sell the house and the property, he takes time off from work to visit the large estate on the coast of Lake Michigan. Strange occurrences begin happening that he struggles to explain. He comes to realize that he may not be alone in the vacant house. With restless spirits remaining around the estate, Tim searches for answers to understand why the ghosts linger and why he was chosen to inherit the manor. (about 44,000 words).

The Wahl House Curse is available for $2.99:

Peter Corbin is in need of a change in his job as a realtor in a busy suburban community. A chance to transfer to a small town seems to be what he and his wife Sarah need. They purchase an old house for a bargain price without much regard for the troubled past. This proves to be something he will soon regret. The restless ghosts quickly make their presence known. (about 60,000 words). 

My third horror novel should be published within a few months, so stay tuned!

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A Simple Solution to America's Weight Problem: Banish Belly and Lose Weight in Just 5 Minutes a Day

New & natural way to weight loss. Not another diet and vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting. With child obesity at national emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle Obama now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined, drug infested bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO AMERICA’S WEIGHT PROBLEM