New User
pimlicopibber
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Hello there,

I would like to introduce my new urban fantasy romance series, The Seven Spell saga. There are three books presently available to download on both Amazon and Smashwords. They are so new they have not made it to B&N yet but I'm hopeful :-)

Spellbinding the first book in the series is a good long romantic but dynamic read.

The Spellbreaker answers some questions for the three major characters.

The Seven Spell , romantic, humorous, magic intervening again in the lives of the characters.

No vampires, however this is paranormal romance for lovers of that genre,it fits well into urban fantasy romance.

Look at the website,

http://www.tessastokes.info/

you will be able to get a feel for the books and characters plus there is a good sized sample of Spellbinding to download.

I loved writing these books, falling in love with my characters I am currently writing the fourth in the series which has some surprises in store for the reader.

I hope you will give them a try.

You can see a facebook page dedicated to The Seven Spell Saga on

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Seven-Spell-saga/138580806204048

Catch my twitters as seventhspell,

http://twitter.com/seventhspell

It's very welcoming to find this message to reply to on B&N, so thank you for that. :-)

Contributor
kennethrlewis
0 Kudos

MY SECOND NOVEL, "THE SPARROW'S BLADE," IS NEW THIS WEEK

Hi Everyone:

My name is Ken Lewis. I am a police officer, and an author, and I write crime fiction. My first novel, "Little Blue Whales" was published in 2009, and won the 2010 Public Safety Writers Association First Grand Prize for Fiction. "The Sparrow's Blade" was published on Monday, Valentine's Day, and is the sequel to "Little Blue Whales." Both novels are set on the Oregon coast, in the fictional town of Cutter Point. These books are most accurately classified as "Literary crime thrillers." At least that's what my agent and I finally came up with to use as a genre description, as they contain elements of mystery, suspense, thriller, police procedural, and are also both great love stories. They are availabe from Barnes & Noble in Trade Paperback, and on NOOK.

Little Blue Whales

The Sparrow's Blade

Little Blue Whales (2009)
The Sparrow's Blade (2011)
Flight of the Bowyer (2013)
Reader
JCWickhart
0 Kudos

Re: One Hundred Pounds by J C Wickhart

The year is 2076 and the world is in the stages of healing from a series of apocalyptic catastrophes. America is celebrating its three-hundredth birthday and is now an empire, controlling and owning much of the world. Advancements in technology and science have slowed and almost ceased. The human population, which has dwindled to under two-billion has fallen into a simpler, less progressive way of life. Certain tree and plant life have gone extinct for unknown reasons, including the once wrongfully demonized cannabis plant. When the antihero, Patton Godart just happens to acquire one-hundred-pounds of it, it doesn't take long for his loud and vulgar friend, Baxter Fulton to convince him to cash in on his valuable possession. But, can they both survive the trials and tribulations they find themselves in while exploring the brutal black market to see a profit?

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/One-Hundred-Pounds/J-C-Wickhart/e/2940012176387/?itm=1&USRI=one+hun...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/One-Hundred-Pounds/J-C-Wickhart/e/9780615398433/?itm=2&USRI=one+hun...

http://www.wickhart.com/

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Re: Horror Novels Available for the Nook!

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I am new to the B & N boards, but I have had a couple of books out for a few months on BarnesandNoble.com. The two full length horror novels were actually written several years ago, but I recently did the final editing and submitted the to B & N and other on-line stores.

Heir to Winston Manor is $2.99:
Tim Weir is stunned to learn that he is included in the will of his great aunt and uncle. Taking time off from work, he visits the large estate on the west coast of Michigan that will be his. Quickly realizing he may not be alone in the vacant house, Tim searches for an explanation for the restless spirits that remain in the house and to understand the true reason he inherited the manor. (about 44,000 words).

The Wahl House Curse is $2.99:
Peter Corbin is in need of a change in his job as a realtor in a busy Michigan suburb. A chance to transfer to a small town in mid-Michigan seems to be what he and his wife Sarah need. They purchase an old house for a bargain price without much concern for the troubled past. This proves to be something he will soon regret. (about 60,000 words).

The Ghost of Birch River Cabin, a short story, is free for a limited time!
Staying at a dark secluded cabin along the Birch River that his uncle owns seems like the perfect fly fishing weekend getaway for Paul. Strange occurrences begin happening. Will it be enough to prevent the unknown history of the cabin from being repeated? (about 5500 words).

Thank you,

John T. Gaffield

Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

Re: Horror Novels Available for the Nook!

THE NECROMANCER

Paranormal scary fun with witches, hexes, a wickedly handsome necromancer.

Michelle was brutally attacked in her locked hotel room.  The police didn't believe
her and thought she had invited a man to her room for a little sexual encounter
which went dangerously out of control.  She decides an affaire with the devilishly
handsome man who moved intoher building might cure her of the panic attacks. 
How can she know she picked the wrong man.  A man who has been stalking her
for years.  A man known as The Necromancer.....

On sale for $.99 cents

The Necromancer 

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Check out my 4 novels

I have 4 novels on B&N

The Usurper a political thriller on the Nook for $2.99

The Usurper  in paperback for $9.99

Ever wonder what would happen if our worst fears were realized, and we elected someone who was willing to destroy the USA no matter the cost to him, his fellow Americans, or the rest of the world? The Usurper is that novel.

Gary Jackson is raised to hate. Hate the United States, and everything it has ever stood for. His mission is to destroy the country from within, allying himself with the worst of America's enemies, and one very powerful and malevolent billionaire, to accomplish the deed. Once elected to the highest position in the land, Gary puts his lifelong goals to work, and puts the USA onto the path of ultimate destruction. He stops at nothing to rid the USA of his political and spiritual enemies. Once his goals are met, he sets his eyes on the ultimate prize, control of the rest of the world. Will anyone stop this man before it's too late?

Don't Mess With Earth  a science fiction novel for $.99 on Nook

Don't Mess with Earth  $12.95 for paperback

When a flood threatens Earth, a group of humans who are advanced leave for another planet. Eventually, they and some aliens interfere and manipulate human history on Earth. The humans who interfere, you know some of them, King Arthur, Galileo, Amelia Earhart. The aliens experiment and abduct other species, including humans of Earth. One day, an alien ship gets shot down over Roswell, and President Truman forever alters the path of human history by vowing to pay back both side. Will humanity succeed or fail?

Out of Time  a time travel novella for $.99 on Nook

Out of Time  $6.99 for the paperback

A scientist discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong. The time travelers meet all sorts of 20th century characters, but, someone is trying to stop them. Once they return to their present, things may not be what they appear.

Shattered Earth  science fiction novel for $3.99 on the Nook

paperback not currently available on B&N, but goes for $12.99

Advanced humans, called Terrans, leave Earth when its threatened by a massive meteor. The remaining humans on Earth fall back into primitiveness. The advanced humans, and a group of aliens, the Ragnor, involve Earth in an interstellar war. Thousands of years later, the humans of Earth decide to do something about this. Interstellar politics will never be the same again once Earth is done with their revenge.

These Terrans involve themselves throughout human history. Some play as King Arthur and Merlin. Another is a scientist, whose name is Galileo, and he gets into all sorts of trouble for challenging official orthodoxy about the sun, the Earth, and which one is revolving around the other. Then, we have Amelia Earhart, who has a very valid reason for disappearing. When an alien spaceship gets shot down over Roswell in 1947, President Truman orders the creation of Area 51, Project Blue Book and Sign, and has the United States embark on a plan that will culminate 60 years in the future. Nothing will ever be the same again when the United States gets involved in interstellar politics. But, the whole plan backfires when Earth ends up the worse for wear over it. Other species find out what Earth did, since no one else was bold enough to even try, so they want to help bring down the Ragnor once and for all. The new President of the United States imagines a galactic federation or a republic, but, none of the other species wants anything to do with it. Once they destroy the Ragnor’s technology, they leave the Ragnor to ponder why all the other species hated them enough to attack them. Will the galaxy remain at peace?

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

...recommended reading -  Encounter at North Road House  on B&N NOOKbook - E-Book -

A masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type enters a house looking for another life to take, but the house is empty and haunted by ghostly spirits of wickedness.  The doors of the haunted house then lock shut and entrap the masked-killer - instantly, a war breaks out between the haunted elements of the house and the masked psychopath.

Contributor
BigBus
0 Kudos

Bringing 2 Series to the Table

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Will Decker and I'm a Fiction Novelist specializing in Action/Adventures with romantic twists.

My first Saga that I would like to introduce is a 5 part Action/SciFi/ Fantasy/Thriller that I started more than 10 years ago. Each work in the series is aprox. 150K words. It begins with the demise of a hierarchy on a colonized planet situated many light years away from Earth known as 'HEALF'.

The first book in the series is titled 'Mortality Revisited'. It begins with the crash of the last rescue craft on the far east horizon, a land virtually on the boundary of Hell. Each edition has a start and an ending, but revolve around the same set of characters as they struggle against insurmountable odds to rebuild a society from scratch. While evil forces are constantly working against our heroes, the planet itself holds many secrets and challenges that must be overcome.

The 2nd series is more modern day Action/Adventure/Romance about a main character that goes by the name of George 'MAC' McClain. He is ex-Special Forces, ex-Homicide Detective; a hard drinking, hard fighting force for good. His story begins in book one entitled 'The Witness', in which Mac comes to the aid of a beautiful young woman that witnessed a corrupt federal judge committing cold blooded murder. Each following episode starts a new adventure in his life as he protects the innocent and delivers justice to the guilty. I am currently working on the 5th and possibly final episode of the series.

This isn't my first foray into eBooks, but this is my debut to the Nook. I look forward to spending time here investigating your stories. When I'm not writing, I'm reading or traveling in our 40' bus that we live in fulltime.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you'll check out my work, Will Decker

Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

The price on this book has gone up from $.99 to $2.00, but it's still a good buy.

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series I (Anna, Rachel & Charlet)

Contributor
Christopher_Smith
0 Kudos

Fifth Avenue: A Thriller by Christopher Smith

Hello all--

Thank you for allowing me to introduce my international best-selling first novel, 

Fifth Avenue , to the Nook community.  It is an adult thriller and it recently was optioned for film rights.  It is 145,000 words long (about 450 pages) and is just .99 cents.

First, some reviews:

***STEPHEN KING ON CHRISTOPHER SMITH***
"Put me down as an enthusiastic Christopher Smith fan. ...Smith is a cultural genius." --STEPHEN KING

***PLANET KINDLE ON CHRISTOPHER SMITH***

"Fifth Avenue, the first novel by penned Christopher Smith, is a fantastic first effort and was the reason I was simply unable to put my Kindle down over this Christmas period. And I would go as far to say that it ranks as one of the best first novels I’ve ever read."--PLANET KINDLE

***P.M. RICHTER ON CHRISTOPHER SMITH***

"Fifth Avenue. A big, big novel. A blockbuster? Yes. A bestseller. It should be. The author, at the beginning of the novel, thanks the people who introduced him to the 'real' Fifth Avenue. I suspect the real one could not be as interesting or engrossing as this novel. ...This is a highly recommended novel. It deserves the five stars." -- P.M. RICHTER

***CHRIS TRUSCOTT ON CHRISTOPHER SMITH***

Christopher Smith delivers an amazing story that's worth the advance billing. ...His writing is smooth, his observations are sharp and the plot he built is downright stunning. --CHRIS TRUSCOTT

DESCRIPTION:

Look beneath all the power and all the wealth that represents New York City's Fifth Avenue, and you'll find greed, blood, revenge. In the best-selling thriller "Fifth Avenue," each intermingles within a revered society that is unprepared for what's in store for it when one man finally strikes in an effort to destroy another man for murdering his wife thirty-one years ago.

Louis Ryan is that man. George Redman, his wife, two daughters and their close friends are his targets. Both men are self-made billionaires who came from nothing to stake their claim to Fifth Avenue. But when Louis Ryan hires an international assassin to literally rip the Redman family apart, a series of events that can't be stopped catapults them all through a fast-paced, hard-edged thriller in which nobody is safe.

Secrets are revealed. Sex lives are exposed. The Mafia get involved. And George's two daughters, Celina and Leana Redman, come to the forefront. More than anyone, it's they who are caught in the throes of their father's past as Louis Ryan's blind desire to kill them all takes surprising turns in his all-out effort to see them dead.

YOU CAN REACH CHRISTOPHER SMITH AT fifthavenuenovel@gmail.com.

***INTERACT WITH CHRISTOPHER SMITH ON FACEBOOK AT THIS LINK (JUST "LIKE" THE PAGE IN YOUR BROWSER):*** http://on.fb.me/g9Z1RY

Thank you!

Christopher