New User
billandover
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

I have authored two books that are now on NOOK. A DEADLY CLASS REUNION and THE FEATHERY. A third, A Drumbeat Too Near will arrive on Nook shortly.

A Deadly Class Reunion is a thriller. A classmate returns to his class reunion to for his revenge on those wh had bullied him in the past. After torching the restaurant where the reunion is held E.F. attempts to take out each class officer 0ne by one. Ex-FBI, Ronan Ryan and his high school sweetheart along with his other classmate, the Eastboro Chief of Police are the sleuths that try to locate and apprehend the depraved garage dweller before his mission of vengence is accomplished. They are assisted by a jailed computer hacker, but will he locate E.F. before he orchestrates his final detonation? 

THE Feathery is at first set in St.Andrews, Scotland in 1849 before the story ends at The Masters in, Augusta Ga. Scott Beckman is a juevenile delinquent before he's mentored by an elderly golf club professional who teaches him the game. His natural ability and Sandy McNair's teachings get him to the PGA Tour. Sandy dies and bequeathes an antique feathery golf ball to Scott that was used in a record round at St. Andrews in 1849. Scott's earnings on tour are meager to the point that he must auction the valuable feathery to stay. Lo and behold...soon after he does that his play and earnings improve and he decides to pull the feathery from auction. This action by Scott causes chagrin by those who were set on acqiring the valuable artifact. One collector will even resort to robbery and murder to satisfy his obsession. Scott leaves the sleuthing to Chief Inspector Trevor Bradshaw of Scotland yard and detective Fransis X. Riley of the NYPD while he tries to concentrate on his play at The British Open. This concentration is broken when his best friend and caddie, Matt Kemp, is kidnaped and a threatening note arrives.

A Drumbeat Too Near is a work of historical fiction set on Cape Cod, in the Atlantic on a German U-boat and in occupied Paris France during WW ll, 1942. It encompases war time romance, combat and suspense with a thrilling adventure by a teenager when two saboteurs are launched by U-boat on the shores of Cape Cod...The novel will soon be available as an Ebook on the NOOK.  

Reader
MH_Sargent
0 Kudos

Seven Days From Sunday

My thriller is now available for Nook readers.

In SEVEN DAYS FROM SUNDAY, a beautiful young Iraqi woman, kidnapped by a terrorist, escapes his clutches and goes to the Americans inside the Green Zone for help. But instead of protecting her, they ask her to go back to the terrorist and do as he asks. Why? Because they know he is planning a devastating attack in the next few days and time is running out on finding out what the attack is and stopping it.

That, and the fact that all is fair in love and war. And we are at war.

Please take the time to check it out. Just 99-cents right now.

M.H. Sargent

Seven Days From Sunday

I'm a PubIt! Author! Buy my book on BN.com

New User
LillianN
0 Kudos

Words of emotions

Hi this is my first time here. I just published a poetry book at the end of July and I want to spread the word. The poems are related to my life. I would love if everyone can support me and read the book. Pretty cool. I got good feedbacks so I hope you enjoy it too.

Lillian Nieves
New User
LillianN
0 Kudos

Words of Emotions by Lillian Nieves

My poetry book is based on my life. Its short and simple and pretty entertaining. My feedbacks has been excellent so far. Please purchase my book and let me know what you think. its 85 pages long and its not expensive at all. Im trying to do a book signing at barnes and noble in the early future so hope to see everyone there so that i can sign your book. Thank you all for your support.

Lillian Nieves
Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House this Halloween season, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1

http://www.publishamerica.net/product95489.html

Encounter at North Road House by Jerome Christopher King: Book Cover

Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

Re: The Last Guardian by Michelle Wachbrit

[ Edited ]

The Last Guardian Official Website

The Last Guardian is experiencing nice sales so far! The first print run is limited to 1000 copies only. This is your chance to get a signed first edition copy, well before the book is available in stores!

About the Book: 

Mienya is only twelve when her twisted older brother, Garin, kills nearly everyone on Ckanizar, their home planet. Having lost everything dear to her, Mienya must fight to prevent Garin from destroying other worlds. As a winged Guardian — a being born only once every 5,000 years with the ability to wield tremendous energetic power — Mienya knows that she is the only one who can stop him.

Her pursuit brings her to Earth, where she meets three students — Robin, Nathan, and Christopher — who risk their lives to stand against Garin and to help Mienya. What begins as a tussle over an alien world quickly becomes personal for this trio as they join Mienya in a battle to save planet Earth and everyone on it.

So begins The Guardian series.

I hope you will give The Last Guardian a try!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Barnes and Noble lists the book at 196 pages. This is an error. The book is really 283 pages long.

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
New User
williammeikle
0 Kudos

William Meikle comes to the Nook

I have a handful of books new to the Nook, with more coming.

The Valley

In 1863 a group of mercenaries are hired to help out a mining town in Montana. They arrive to find the town empty and some of the buildings wrecked and strewn over a wide area. A new cave leads them to a land that time forgot, a high valley full of animals that are extinct elsewhere, but have thrived in the remote environment. But something else is loose in the land, something even older that has emerged from the cave system. Soon the remaining men are fighting for their lives, and the lives of everything in the valley.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Valley/William-Meikle/e/2940000902103

The Invasion

It started during a winter storm on the North Eastern Seaboard which brought with it a strange green rain. Where it fell, everything withered, died, and was consumed. The residents of remote outposts in Maritime Canada escaped the worst of the early damage, but that was a blessing in disguise, for they were left to watch as first North America, then the world, was subsumed in the creeping green carpet of terror. And that was just the beginning. New life forms began to arise from the ooze, simple organisms at first, but multiplying with ever increasing complexity. The few human survivors are faced with a full-scale invasion... and only radical measures will guarantee the survival of the human race.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Invasion/William-Meikle/e/2940000901229

Island Life

An archaeological expedition is intent on opening an old barrow on a remote island in the Scottish Hebrides despite the reservations of the locals, who all know and fear the old stories. The scientists unleash a colony of murderous monsters from deep under the earth. As the released creatures swamp the island, slaughtering livestock and people alike, the humans must band together to combat it with few resources save their courage and wits.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940011937347

Crustaceans

It begins slowly, with a dead whale on a Boston shoreline -- not in itself an unusual occurrence. But the things that clawed their way out of the blubber were very unusual indeed. The Crabs are back, bigger and meaner and ever. Soon they are swarming around Manhattan, hunted and harried by a SWAT team tasked with ridding the city of the menace... before the menace gets big enough to rid itself of the city.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Crustaceans/William-Meikle/e/2940000886175

Carnacki: Heaven and Hell

We've had the Ghostbusters and the Scooby Gang, John Constantine and Buffy, and Sam and Dean, the Winchester Brothers. But before all of them one man carried the fight to the forces of evil, armed only with his wits, his science, and his arcane knowledge.

Meet an Edwardian occult detective who goes where no other gentleman will dare, venturing deep into neolithic barrows, into the crypts of ancient cathedrals and fighting the elemental powers of darkness on his own terms.

Meet Carnacki: Ghostfinder

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940011822322

Frequent Contributor
KC_May
0 Kudos

The Kinshield Legacy, an epic fantasy adventure by K.C. May

[ Edited ]

My epic fantasy novel, The Kinshield Legacy, was first published in hardcover in 2005 by a small press. At the five-year mark, they reverted rights back to me, and so I've made it available in various eBook formats and paperback.

A mysterious stone tablet with five magical gems has sat abandoned in a cave for two hundred years. The kingdom is in ruins, with only warrant knights to keep the peace. But then, the gems in the tablet, one by one, disappear.

Warrant knight Gavin Kinshield is a man of many secrets. He's the one deciphering the runes in the tablet. Unless he can find a suitable replacement, he'll be Thendylath's next king. All he really wants is the letter written by his ancestor Ronor Kinshield, champion to King Arek, confessing the truth of how the king perished.

Daia Saberheart, warrior of the Viragon Sisterhood, wants to find the future king and help him claim his rightful place.

Blacksmith Risan Stronghammer wants to reward him with a powerful weapon.

And the sorcerer Brodas Ravenkind wants to capture him, steal his secret and claim the throne for himself.

But when Gavin finally tracks down Ronor's letter, he gets more than he's bargained for, for the truth of King Arek's demise is far darker than he ever imagined.

"The Kinshield Legacy is a rousing good fantasy tale, with nice characterization and some ferocious action. These days I read primarily for business rather than pleasure, but I found myself eager to return to this novel."
~ Piers Anthony, Author of the Xanth novels

"From the very first page, The Kinshield Legacy grabs you by the throat and propels you into a world of magic, sorcery, jeweled-eyed gargoyles and a sisterhood of female warriors. A world where beyonders savage unsuspecting travelers; where a dark, yet charismatic, wizard covets the king’s throne for his own and will let no one get in his way—including the rightful ruler. He who claims the King’s Bloodstone shall reign as king. Enter Gavin Kinshield, warrant knight and rune solver, a man haunted by his past, and a hero like no other. A rousing debut from K. C. May, an author worth watching."
~ Carol Davis Luce, Author of Night Passage

Blog review by GraceKrispy: http://gracekrispy.blogspot.com/2010/09/review-kinshield-legacy-by-kc-mays.html

"The Kinshield Legacy, is a spellbinding tale of magical moments with truly unforgettable characters. You will find this book difficult to put down as you follow the twists and turns of a finely woven story, cheering on the main character as he follows the path to his destiny."
~ a B&N reviewer

"A wonderful, fascinating read from cover to cover. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. As a first novel, The Kinshield Legacy shows an author with extraordinary talent for weaving an intricate tale with believable characters and dialogue."
~ a B&N reviewer

"This fantasy grabbed me from the first page and didn't let go until the last one...although it's clear this is just the beginning of a great series. The characters are gritty and real, the scenes unforgettable, the chemistry between the main characters irrisistable."
~ a B&N reviewer

The Kinshield Legacy currently has 10/11 5-star reviews, including:

"I heartily recommend The Kinshield Legacy and rate it as 4.5 stars, rounded up to 5 for Amazon! It is a great book for lovers of the fantasy genre or for those who simply love a good story."
~ an Amazon.com reviewer

"This one grabbed my attention more than anything I have read in awhile. I really am enjoying it (About 3/4 done. I love the characters and the fact that they have feeling and real human emotion, desires, thoughts and actions. They are more than cardboard cutouts. I rarely find books in which the characters are characters I care about and this one had me rooting for the good guys and booing the bad guys. Well done."
~ an Amazon.com reviewer

Read more reviews at Amazon.com

Get the ebook

Get the paperback

Thanks for taking a look!
~KC May

Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald
0 Kudos

No Good Deed--thriller now available through PubIt.

[ Edited ]

NO GOOD DEED Mark Taylor discovers first hand that no good deed goes unpunished when he finds an old camera in a Afghanistan bazaar that gives him more than great photos. It triggers dreams of future events. When one shows a devastating terrorist attack, he tries to warn of the danger, but no one listens. Instead, he's arrested as an enemy combatant. 

But when he dreams of another deadly terrorist attack only hours away, will Mark risk his hard won freedom to prevent the attacks? Especially if doing so forces him to trust the one man he hates most in the world.

Mark Taylor discovers first hand that no good deed goes unpunished when he finds an old camera in a Afghanistan bazaar that gives him more than great photos. It triggers dreams of future events. When one shows a devastating terrorist attack, he tries to warn of the danger, but no one listens. Instead, he's arrested as an enemy combatant. 
But when he dreams of another deadly terrorist attack only hours away, will Mark risk his hard won freedom to prevent the attacks? Especially if doing so forces him to trust the one man he hates most in the world.

No Good Deed
Wrongly accused of a being a terrorist, Mark Taylor is labeled an enemy combatant. There's no lawyer, no trial, and he leaves his rights outside the cell.
Reader 2
WilliamEsmont
0 Kudos

Two new thrillers!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

I have two thrillers available on B&N:

1.The Patriot Paradox: A Kurt Vetter and Amanda Carter Thriller - $2.99

Ex-CIA analyst Kurt Vetter and enigmatic foreign agent Amanda Carter race across Europe in a quest to unearth the truth behind the murder of Kurt's brother. Trying desperately to stay ahead of a government that has forsaken them, they discover a conspiracy that threatens the very foundation of world stability. The clock is ticking and Kurt and Amanda must find a way to halt the plot before millions die.

2. Self Arrest: A Thriller - $1.99

Over fifty million people died when the Spanish Flu swept the globe in 1918. The virus attacked the young and healthy, dealing a crippling blow to a world still reeling from the horrors of the First World War. It wormed its way into communities large and small, killing mercilessly, before abruptly vanishing without a trace in the summer of 1920.

That was then.

In 2005, scientists completed sequencing the genetic code of the Spanish Flu. The following year, they infected monkeys with a reanimated strain of the very same virus.

The monkeys exhibited classic symptoms of the 1918 Spanish Flu.

Then they died.

This is now.

In the course of a routine transfer between government facilities, a team of ruthless mercenaries intercepts a supply of a highly engineered Spanish Flu virus.

Gage Mercer, the future son in law of a deranged billionaire, finds himself drawn into a plot to trigger the extinction of the human race through a deliberate release of the virus.

This could be the future.