Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

In Search of God: The God of Spirituality

IN SEARCH OF GOD  

Religions and prophets have been preaching about God for centuries, and millions of people have developed faith in their concept. The revolution of science and technology in this century has forced many of us to reevaluate the doctrines and tenets received through our religious traditions. Should we believe in creation or should we believe in evolution? Should we believe in heaven and His court of justice when we look up in the sky or should we believe in the space, the planets, the stars, and the galaxies up there? I hope this write-up will provide a fresh insight into the mysteries about God -- and leave us wiser, peaceful, and enlightened

God and spirit is no more another worldly belief in fate, luck, chance, or coincidence. For the new generation of 21st century, we should be able to make sense of the real world, find peace in the midst of turmoil, and discover hope and joy. The God is not in church or mosque or temple only that appears every Sunday. God is also not sitting somewhere in the sky watching our actions. The God is in us 24-hours a day. “If we can’t see God in all, we can’t see God at all.” We need scriptures that can teach us all humans are capable of achieving union with God while still alive by realizing the Divine within. We want to become one with God and experience it.

This book will lead us towards spiritual meditation and permanent peace; representing the best that East and West have to offer since the author is educated at Yale University in the West and Punjab University in the East. The reader will understand the concept of God, which constitutes the spiritual basis of living. This understanding will lead us to love and happiness irrespective of our faith.

Contributor
ColinLalley
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Not quite eBooks, but I have two eShort Stories that are only a buck a piece.  They're in the literature/fantasy genre if anyone would like to check them out: Heart Blossom and Map Legends.

Frequent Contributor
PhilipChen
0 Kudos

Inaugural collection of cartoons from There is Strangeness in the Universe

[ Edited ]

I just published the first volume of cartoons from There is Strangeness in the Universe(TM).  Followers of my cartoon thread in the B&N Community Forums might want to take a look at my view of the world.

There is Strangeness in the Universe(TM) is a cartoon series that is based on the astronomical theory that a parallel universe filled with strange matter must exist in order that our cosmos is kept in perfect balance.  This, of course, gives rise to the question, "What happens in such a strange universe?"  Do trees talk? Do leaves question their mortality? Maybe animals use the legal system to resolve their disputes and aliens have to struggle through life's little quandaries. Some have compared my view of life to Gary Larson's Far Side. My cartoon influences are many, but some that come to mind are: Peanuts, The Far Side, Bloom County, Doonesbury, Calvin & Hobbes, and so many more.

I started cartooning at age 63 without any formal art or cartooning training - hopefully that won't show too much.  My first cartoons were on a local message board and became so popular that I was asked to be a contributor to the New York Times eNewspaper, The Local.  One of my cartoons even made it into the print edition of the New York Times.  Since then, I have regularly posted my cartoons on my cartoon blog and on various forums such as the KindleBoards.

I just released my eVersion of the cartoon series as a NookBook at $2.99. The collection is also available as a Print Book at $10.95.  I hope you enjoy it.

Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

Re: Inaugural collection of cartoons from There is Strangeness in the Universe

I am fifteen years old and am currently writing a book. I will hopefulley remember to post on here when i am finished with it so i can get the word out. this is a great idea for a place to do that.

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
New User
TD20
0 Kudos

Hot Days by T.D. Jones

Hi. I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My book Hot Days is on B&N. Here is some more about it.

Blurb for Who Put Grandpa In The Garden!

Chelsea and Sam Rae are just like any other young couple in love. Working and trying to make a living and have a baby. Everything seems to be going as planned until Grandpa ends up in the garden. It seems Grandma has some skeletons in her closet that she wants Chelsea to take care of. Being the good granddaughter, she tries to do what's right but it doesn't end up like she planned. According to Margaret, her older sister, this is just another screw up Chelsea has done.

Chelsea is determined to make this right and ends up learning a lot about herself and her family in the process.

Blurb for Cockeyed Cowboy From Crockett County.

Will Tanner is the sheriff of Crockett County. He has been married three times. He has come to the conclusion that he is giving up on women. There is only one problem, he never expected Chief Investigator Isadora Reeves to come into his life. Between trying to figure how a dead man ended up on the local golf course with his manhood missing and being distracted by the beautiful Isadora, Will has his hands full.

Isadora Reeves is not looking for any man, especially some small town sheriff from Crockett County. She's just in town to investigate a murder and nothing else that is until she and the sheriff have a heated night together and now he is all she can think about.  

Hot Days is full of Humor and fun. My blog is http://writingonthego.blogspot,com

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Inaugural collection of cartoons from There is Strangeness in the Universe

Congratulations PhillipChen. I wonder how did you added small images in your signature.  BN images from add product are larger. Thanks.

New User
Fredstyr
0 Kudos

No Limit by Fred Anderson

Poker player Matt Freeman knows life is a gamble, so when an oncologist offers an experimental gene therapy as a possible cure for the terminal cancer killing his eleven-year-old son Andrew, he takes a chance. The treatment works, and Matt feels like he's beaten the house. His elation is short-lived, however, because Andrew is soon killed in a freak accident.

Nearly a year later, he is still struggling with his loss when a midnight phone call begins with a single electrifying word: “Daddy?”

He races into the Nevada desert to find Andrew not only alive, but in possession of an incredible new ability and on the run from those he calls “bad people.” Now Matt must protect his son from enemies with seemingly endless resources—and the willingness to turn Las Vegas into a battle zone.

Approximately 88,000 words.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/No-Limit/Fred-Anderson/e/2940012383532

Reader 2
Barbara_Jacksha
0 Kudos

2013 Chronicles

What does Ascension mean for humanity?  What will happen after 2012 and the magical date the Mayans fortold?  Read the 2013 Chornicles, a story unfolding now, chapter by chapter, all offered for free!

www.2013chronicles.info

Contributor
jasonkrumbine
0 Kudos

Read My Book(s)! - by Jason Krumbine

I've got a few:

Chris Allen, a 911 Dispatcher and part-time online columnist, is about to have a busy twelve days. For starters, there’s that pesky 911 call he took that’s probably going to send him to court. On the upside, though, Chris gets to meet the cute new receptionist at the Sheriff’s office. A hint of romance may cheer things up, that is, if his ex doesn’t keep hanging around and playing her usual mind games.

Only $0.99!

The Alex Cheradon Series:

There's action, adventure, humor and mystery in this series where private investigator Alex Cheradon tackles everything from vampires to evil midgets.

Only $0.99!

Only $2.99

Only $2.99

The Grym Brother Series:

Thane and Mort Grym are grim reapers hunting down the dead on the run.

People die every day. But not all of the souls can or want to move onto the afterlife. That’s where the brothers Thane and Mort Grym come in. Thane and Mort are bounty hunters for dead souls. They inherited the job from their father and they’re two of the best in town. But when there’s a double homicide at the Kirkland Motel the Grym brothers end up with more than they bargained for. In a world without vampires, zombies or the undead, one of their bounties might not be as dead as he’s supposed to be.

Only $0.99!

Book 2, THE DEAD COUPLE, will be released later this week and is also priced at $0.99

Jason Krumbine
www.jasonkrumbine.com
facebook.com/jmkwriter
Twitter: @jasonkrumbine
New User
lacymaran
0 Kudos

Zombies, Vampires, Cupid, Oz, and Debauchery

Hi.  We're Lacy Maran & Kevin Michael.  We have over 10 Nook Books available for purchase.

Heavy Necking (A Hollywood Vampires Novel) -- Paranormal Romance

Zombies Eat Lawyers -- Zombie

Cupid's Dating Disasters -- Chick Lit

The New Wizard Of Oz -- Chick Lit

Undead Reckoning -- Zombie

Banned (A Booze & Boobs Bonanza) -- Humor

Putt Up Or Shut Up -- Sports Humor

Whisker Wisdom -- Cat Humor/Photography (Series of 3)

Wacky Animal Wisdom/Wacky Hamster Wisdom -- Pet Humor/Photography

All of our books are 99 cents and are available here http://tinyurl.com/3pu894v

Thanks.

Dedicated to bringing you great Nook book recommendations. Sign up for my mailing list to be entered to win a new Nook: tinyurl.com/oeemtmj
All mailing list sign ups get a free copy of the parody "Fifty Shades Of Sparkling Vampires."