Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
myersmkm
0 Kudos

NEW Book for REVIEW

[ Edited ]
PLEASE ORDER AND PROVIDE YOUR REVIEW AT BARNES AND NOBLES, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!

Books can be ordered from http://www.barnesandnoble.com

ISBN: 98-1-4327-1307-2
Book Arthur: Bishop Walter G. McKoy, DD.
Book Titles:
Be Empowered by His Promises and Provisions
Making Things Better Through the Transforming of Jesus Christ

We might be struggling with sicknesses and diseases. We might be in conflict with our brothers and our sisters, but all is not lost. Our children might have become involved in things that do not pertain to righteousness. We might have some heartaches and pains but all is not lost. Our hope is in Jesus and when we see Him. He will make all things well. Job said, "If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come" (Job 14:14)

Sometimes we are at the brink of giving up. "Do not give up" because things are not going your way, come to Jesus. Sometimes the negative situations in our lives dictate to us. Sometimes we are not led to believe that all is lost and there is no hope for us, but Jesus will make things better.

If you are looking for a word of encouragement, I invite you to read this message that given to me by the Lord. I have captured this message in my book entitled; Making Things Better Through The Transforming Power Of Jesus Christ". This book has the potential to change lives for the better. The chapters are short and easy to read and understand. This book is also very suitable for bible study series. It is a gift to the body of Christ in these last and evil days. "A must read."

Bishop Walter G. McKoy, DD

ISBN: 98-1-4327-1307-2

Links edited by Admin.

Message Edited by Jessica on 01-25-2008 10:51 AM
DAD
New User
DAD
0 Kudos

My book: Search of the Sunken City - Is now available.

[ Edited ]
I hope this is the right place to post a blurb like this. Feel free to move it where it best belongs.

Search of the Sunken City
by Marion R. Jones

Bud McQuay and Susan Hodges, ex-teacher and ex-lover, find themselves thrust together into a world wide adventure searching for the lost city of Posedia at the height of World War Two. Followed, and threatened, by a maniacal Japanese office and his soldiers, the two adventurers must solve complex puzzles on their way to a discovery of a power that could save or destroy the world, and of a love that could save or destory them.

Publication Date: Jan 25 2008
ISBN/EAN13: 1434831329 / 9781434831323
Page Count: 266
Binding Type: US Trade Paper
Trim Size: 5.25"x8"
Language: English
Color: Black and White
Related Categories: FICTION / General

Edited by Admin. for links.

Message Edited by Jessica on 01-28-2008 04:35 PM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! Living in Fear by R.Jenkins-Oliver

Book Description:

Henry was born in 1878 to a poor religious family. He obtained a fifth grade education before he began working on his family farm.By age 21,he married his step-sister Mollie, and they had two daughters. In the summer of 1910 while working as a share-cropper,Henry was involved in a racially motivated fight with several white men.Fearing for his life as well as the life of his family,he fled to a small rural area in Georgia. He changed his identity, and later married a young woman named Patsy, and they had eight children.

In 1943 Henry's oldest daughter from his second wife became friends with another young lady at work. One day they were talking about their families, and the young lady heard a story similar to what her grandmother had told her.When the young lady went home to visit with her family, she told her grandmother about the story that she had heard. Her grandmother decided to come back with her to see if the story was true. She was surprised to find out that her brother, who she thought was dead, had changed his identity, and had another family.His identity remained a secret until 1958.

The Book can be purchased on Barnes and Noble.com
Contributor
markpucci
0 Kudos

STAY COOL the philosophy of being destitute by Mark Pucci

We value fame much too much in this world. While we run around with flash photography snapping pictures of celebrities, watching and reading the channels of gossip, desiring fame, living vicariously, worshipping at its alter, while we are doing all of this, there are serious goings on happening all over this small, blue planet...serious things, vital things...things that if we do not start addressing might mean the end of our civilization. In the end, in our glossing over, in our short sighted, opiate existence, in our mad, hyper, fixated concentration on fame which stems from our own inadequacies, our own frustrations and inability to adapt to life, our own poor enjoyment of the world coupled with shivering insecurities, desiring power, desiring love, desiring elevation and ultimately recognition above the rest of humanity, in this delirious conquest for this irrelevant proposition of fame, in the end it will be all of us who will famous. Famous for destroying the planet and being too immersed in ourselves to do anything about it.

Anyone who thinks that we will destroy the earth, and not the reverse, is living in denial. We will not demolish Her, She will demolish us. She will not stand for it. If we do not learn to take care of Her, she will casually wash us all over with an indifferent tidal wave while shrugging her shoulders and lifting her nose. We need to start caring about these things and drop our fixation with fame by the wayside. All over the world people go hungry, sleep in streets and the polar ice caps are melting.

The Good News! The good news is that for the last eight years we have been stuck in such a rut that I believe America is ready to get back to being a sincere place again. I think we’re ready to have fun again...enjoy the world and start becoming responsible people who take care of this place and the people who inhabit it. Here’s to 2009! I offer hope! Read Stay Cool.

All proceeds from my book go to Feed the Children and fighting hunger around the world. Yes, I do not see a dime from my book, and in case you are wondering, yes…I am broke…but not destitute.

Info on the book:
Stay Cool is a polemic against American culture which seeks to indoctrinate the ideas of celebrity, hero worship, materialism, wealth, etc. Instead, it is about enjoying culture and art, poetry, music, literature, food, family and friends. It teaches a life of simplicity much like Thoreau, along with the idea that we as humans are no more significant than anyone else who lives or has lived in the world. It is a book about learning to enjoy your existence. Stay cool, which means do not elevate yourself above others. Have fun. Don't get caught up seeking superfluous things that don't matter. Stay cool, man.

About me:
My name is Mark, and I am not your typical literary author, and no, we do not run your typical operation. I am probably more of a throwback to past authors who are more interested in creating a balance between art and life. Think maybe Henry Miller or Kerouac. When I move back to Ohio, it is very likely we will be having some gatherings which will include music, dancing, good food, poetry readings, discussions and a very good time in general. If you'd like to know more about me, you're welcome to attend. We have plenty of sleeping bags and some old couches. If you talk to my wife, don't listen to her. I don't care if you are white, black, yellow, Christian, Arab or Buddhist, my door is open to everyone. Check out my book STAY COOL. You can buy it right here on Barnes and Noble where an extra five percent goes to Feed the Children by using their site.

Visit me at www.markpucci.net. Listen to some good music, read my thoughts, and always feel free to write.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780595472499&itm=2
New User
1bookpublishers
0 Kudos

A Brand New Book: Refraction a novel by Jan Dynes

[ Edited ]
This book will hit the shelves in March of 2008. It is really a terrific read. It has heart and makes your pulse race. A must buy book for everyone who likes fiction at its finest, a roller-coaster ride that keeps you guessing and caring about the characters.

See 1bookpublishers.com for the upcoming event. They have advance copies while the catalogs are all still doing the listing thing. Be one of the very first to read this book and put it on your reading list or put in your orders with your booksellers.

Link edited by Admin.

Message Edited by Jessica on 02-05-2008 12:30 PM
#1 Book Publishers, home of great fiction.
New User
wrtrforkner
0 Kudos

Ruby Among Us, by Tina Ann Forkner

[ Edited ]
Somtimes, the key that unlocks your future lies in someone else's past...

Lucy DiCamillo is safely surrounded by her books, music, and art -- but none of these reclusive comforts or even the protective efforts of her grandmother, Kitty, can shield her from the memory of the mother she can no longer recall. Lucy senses her grandmother holds the key, but Kitty seems as eager to hide from the past as Lucy is eager to find it.

From the streets of San Francisco and Sacramento, to the lush vineyards in the Sonoma Valley, Lucy follows the thread of memory in search for a heritage that seems long-buried with her mother, Ruby.

What she finds is enigmatic and stirring in this redemptive tale about the power of faith and mother-daughter love.

Ruby Among Us

Link Edited by Admin.

Message Edited by Jessica on 02-07-2008 11:18 AM
Tina Ann Forkner
Author of Ruby Among Us
Waterbrook Press/Random House
New User
pink-lady
0 Kudos

"Dust in the Wind"

My new novel was just published in January, titled "Dust in the Wind", available everywhere, including Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.

My author webpage is http://outskirtspress.com/dustinthewind

It's an incredibly thought-provoking tale of a boy forced to become a man in a very short period of time. The reviews have all so far been 5-star:

Review from Amazon.com:
Utterly gripping! I hardly ever read fiction, but a friend of mine suggested this. Man, was she right. Intense from the very beginning...the ending will blow you away! This book should definitely be made into a MOVIE. The way I judge whether a book is good or not is whether 1) I can put it down and 2) how long I still think about it after I'm finished. First, I read it in three days of practically non-stop reading (I'm a slow reader). Second, I still think about this story over a week after finishing the book. "Intense" is the only word I can think of to describe it. It can be a little slow in some areas, particularly the beginning, but overall this thing is awesome. What I like best about it (as a woman) is that it is really -- underneath all the sex and drugs and partying -- a love story that will stand the test of time. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Review from Barnes & Noble:
Dust in the Wind keeps you on the edge of your seat from every page that is turned. Babin has captured the passion and sexuality from the characters. I was so in tuned with this book that I read it in 2 days. I loved it and highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to feel what it must be like to be a struggling rockstar all the way through to a rock-god. We all have high and lows in our lives. We think we know better but in reality we don’t know much. It's the internal fight between what is right and what is wrong that will blow you away. There is a constant battle against ourselves. It was exciting and gives you a rush never knowing what is going to happen from one page to the other. I personally think this book has no weak points.
New User
VanityJames
0 Kudos

Mirror, Mirror A Collection of Short Stories By Amy Necole Wesley

[ Edited ]
I am proud to bring you Mirror, Mirror A Collection of Short Stories by Amy Necole Wesley. Amy Necole Wesley is a writer and poet and owner and CEO of Nickels and Dimes Advertising.

From The Mirror, a story about a serial killer who calls his unsuspecting victim's mirror home to Cindy, a story about an army veteran (David) who looses his leg after a mission goes bad and is forced to return to his home state of Montana to Chocoholics Anonymous,a tory about a Chocolate addict forced to come to grips with her biggest fears, Mirror, Mirror has something for everybody. Visit www.amywesley.com for more information.

Mirror Mirror is on sale now. Click the link to get your copy right here on Barnes and Noble.com.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=amy+necole+wesley&z=y

Edited by Admin. for links.

Message Edited by Jessica on 02-11-2008 11:11 AM
Contributor
pamelakkinney
0 Kudos

Haunted Richmomd, Virginia by Pamela K. Kinney.”

I write as Pamela K. kinney--horror, science fiction and fantasy, plus I have a nonfiction ghost book out, Haunted Richmond, Virginia. Haunted Richmond has been out since June 2007 and doing well. It even got a nomination for Library of Virginia's Literary Awards. Working on legends, myths and folklore of Virginia now, plus several fiction projects, even an urban fantasy. I also write and publsihed under another pseudonym for erotic and sweet paranormal, fantasy and science fiction romance: Sapphire Phelan.
My website is http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com
My MySpace site: http;//www.myspace.com/PamelaKKinney
You can find Haunted Richmond, Virginia at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780764327124&itm=10

For Sapphire Phelan, I have stories in anthologies on Barnes and Noble:
Forbidden Love: Bad Boys: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781934153550&itm=18#TABS (my story is an erotic paranormalwith werewolves: "Being a Predator is a Bitch") It is not out of stock--the publsiher is working on this with Lightening Source.
There'll b e others coming soon, plus couldn't find Coming Together: Under Fire anthology publsihed by Phaze, even though singed it at a book signing in Barnes and Noble last Saturday (they ordered it).
Pamela K. Kinney
Frequent Contributor
Irishbookish
0 Kudos

Rhuddlan

Prologue Extract

Rhuddlan  CastleNorth Wales Samhain 1290AD

Gerald brought his attentions back to the children and looked down at his own scrap, Maire, tightly clutching the hand of his Lord Maelgwyn’s daughter. Tiny Rhianna and her older brother, Toriad were allowed to accompany the Falconer and his family in the night’s festivities.             

‘Sorley, Ronan and Glynn have thrown in the faerie magic!’ Maire cried suddenly—unsure whether this was alarming or exciting thus display a mixture of both. The bonfire popped and crackled as the two little girls squealed in terrified rapture. Toriad moved beside Rhianna and clasped her other hand to comfort her. He was uneasy with the magick of the Samhain fires, despite having participated in no less than seven. Overhearing scuttlebutt of faeries, ghouls and witches were enough to frighten any child; he consoled—even himself, the heir of Rhuddlan! 

‘Why did they do that, Master Gewal’?’ squeaked Rhianna, blinking furiously up to the gentle giant who tended her fathers’ falcons; terrified yet curiously drawn to the night’s bizarre events.  

Gerald smiled and knelt down. A powder of selected herbs and spices thrown into the blazing fire was enough to create a little magick for the wee ones, and ne’er failed to delight them all.  

‘Why ta ward against tha’ bad faeries who’ud steal our harvest, lass,’ he said solemnly—the twinkle in his gentle brown eyes lost on the little girl.

She nodded her little head solemnly; soft black hair falling around her elfin face, looking quite a bit fey herself—though innocent of the danger and enchantment that would soon dramatically alter her very existence...

Welsh woman, Rhee Llewellyn meets a strange Gypsy and soon awakens almost seven hundred years in the past, living the life of a chieftains daughter in Rhuddlan castle...

This is the place where whispers of the fey, faeries, lore and magick seem entirely possible, so give you pause if you enter a cave and smell the ancient, dank earth, to look across the countryside from the battlements of a castle after climbing the winding, stone staircase, as you sit quietly by a running stream in a wooded area watching fey lights dance about your head, or sit quietly in a field with the sheep watching the mist roll over the hills and feel the chill seep under your skin...

"As Time Doth Pass, Remember..."
www.traceybookish.wordpress.com
Author of Rhuddlan