Contributor
sarahg908
0 Kudos

Michael's New Neighbor by Sarah Gasparetti

I just had my first children's book, "Michael's New Neighbor" published by Guardian Angel Publishing in August 2008.  This story is an excellent learning tool for young children as they learn about forming friendships and not "judging a book by its cover."  Appropriate for young readers and parents as a read-along.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Michaels-New-Neighbor/Sarah-Gasparetti/e/9781933090412/?itm=1 

Please visit my website: http://sarahgasparetti.bravehost.com

Sarah
http://www.guardianangelpublishing.com/michaels-new-neighbor.htm
Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Re: Michael's New Neighbor by Sarah Gasparetti

Hi Gang!

We all love to get a good review in a newspaper. Sometimes better things happen. I one writes espionage, there is nothing better than a comment from a spook.

Peter Earnest, former CIA Principal  Spokesman writes:

I’ve known Alexey for many years and am well aware that he knows his way around many of the more remote and exotic locales.  I found his Kingmaker an extraordinarily fast-paced and suspenseful read especially when you realize this is his first time out.  Trager establishes a strong enough presence to merit a sequel ideally with a few of the truly exotic characters Alexey introduces in this story.  Alexey has a good feel for the telling one-liner and Trager’s out-of-the-box getaways put Indiana Jones to shame.  I’m looking forward to the next one.

Alexey Braguine, author of Kingmaker
New User
LaurieSorensen
0 Kudos

Re: Ravenwood: Night's Salvation by Laurie Sorensen

Hello to all the readers and writers on Barnes and Noble...

My name is Laurie Sorensen, and I am a new historical romance author. My first book, Ravenwood: Night's Salvation was released a little over a year ago. It is book one of a series of 5 historical romance novels set in 1740's England. I hope you enjoy the back of the book blurb and the excerpt I am providing here for you. Please feel free to contact me at the information provided in my signature. I look forward to all email and messages I receive.

Back of the book blurb---Duty, love and passion take flight on the wings of destiny.  Compelled by honor and duty, Night Ravenwood leaves the life on the sea he loves to return home after the death of his brother. As heir to Ravenwood Manor, he finds himself in an arranged marriage and living a life he did not want. When tragedy strikes the newlywed couple, Night finds himself in love with the beautiful and serene Satine, they are tested in every way. Satine vows to make Night understand his destiny is with her while someone is willing to commit murder to keep them apart. Will love or murder shape the destiny of this union?

Excerpt---

Ravenwood: Night’s Salvation
by
Laurie Sorensen

Upon waking the next morning, early as usual, Night found himself alone on the mattress. He rose up looking around, finding Satine in the water of the pond. She had waded in up to her buttocks, but he still had a lovely view of them. She was singing in a soft voice. He got out of the bed and as silently as possible, came up behind her in the water. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he lifted her up and nuzzled her neck.
     Satine leaned back against him, tilting her head to give him better access to her neck. After he kissed her there, he released her and she turned towards him. His hair was all tousled and he looked like a rogue that had spent the night with his lover and left in a hurry to be gone in the morn. She smiled up at him.
     “What was the smile for?”
     “You look like a rogue, my rogue,” she said as she rose up on tiptoes to kiss his mouth. She lost her balance and as she swayed into him, he wound his arms about her body, kissing her passionately.
     “Can you swim?” he asked her.
     “Of course I can.”
     At that, he picked her up in his arms and carried her into deeper water. Once there, he let go of her long enough for her to go completely under. When she came back up sputtering water, he took hold of her in front of him.
     “That was a cruel thing to do, sir,” Satine said.
     “How else was I to have you at my mercy?” Night replied, smiling like a devil as he kissed her. “You are much too tender to do what I wish to do this morning. So I will be the gentleman I am, and just take you home.”
     He carried her to the shore, kissing her once more before letting her down. Looking around he noticed that someone had brought them towels and food for breakfast. How had he not heard them come and go? He was bemused at how Satine was already changing the way he was.
     He was the first to be dressed. He gathered things up into one area so that whoever came here later to retrieve their belongings wouldn't’t have to spend too much time doing so.
     Satine was struggling into her gown, as she had no ladies maid to help her. She was on the edge of asking Night for assistance, when she felt his fingers deftly doing up the fastenings. She turned to look at him and had to laugh. He has his tongue slightly out of his mouth as he concentrated on doing it properly.
     “Stop giggling, it makes it harder to do these tiny things up.”
     “I can’t help it; you look so cute doing that.”
     Once they were both completely dressed again, Night went to fetch the horses only to discover that they were gone. They were nowhere in sight. He felt a moment of slight panic as the sailor in him thought they had been taken to get Satine and him alone. Then he thought that maybe they had just gone back to the stable, being tired of waiting got them to come back.
     Satine came up behind him. “They took the horses back with them this morning, there should be a carriage just outside the trees,” she said as she started walking through the trees.
She had done it again, she’d read his thoughts. How and why did she do that? “Do you do that on purpose? Night asked her.
     She stopped walking and turned towards him. “Do what on purpose?”
     “Read my thoughts. Know what I am thinking or what I am going to say.”
     “I was not aware I was doing such a thing. Why do you say I was?”
     Incredulous, Night stared at her. “I was just standing here wondering about Dumas and Stryker, and all of a sudden you say they had been taken back to the manor house, as if you had been in my head, listening to my thoughts. It’s unsettling.”
     Satine just stood there and blinked at him. “You think I did it on purpose?”
     “Well it isn't’t the first time you have done it. It fascinates me; everything about you does.”
     “I certainly didn't’t mean to read your thoughts, I was just drawing the natural conclusion about what you might be thinking since I knew what had happened to the horses and you didn't’t.”
     Night felt the need to hold her, so he walked forward and took her in his arms. “Please don’t ever change. You will always surprise me, I’m sure of it.”

Here is a link to my Barnes and Noble selling page--- http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=Ravenwood%3A+Night%27s+Salvation&bnit=H&...

Thank you for reading my information, and I would love to hear from you. Enjoy your online experience with Barnes and Noble.

Laurie Sorensen

www.myspace.com/night_salvation

www.freewebs.com/lauriesorensen

www.SorensenShorts.blogspot.com

www.lightswordpublishing.com

nights_salvation@yahoo.com (email)

Take Flight on the wings of romance.

A love story, written in stone by the sands of time.

New User
Emily209
0 Kudos

No Regrets By June Phyllis Baker

Reporter Arlene Sinclair is afraid of nothing or nobody. A staunch advocator of the truth, she’ll stop at nothing to get her facts.  Of Course Sheriff Lance Carter doesn’t see it that way; especially when she interferes with police business and takes a piece of evidence from a crime scene she thinks means nothing. In spite of this, he is in love with her.Arlene is determined to write the story that will make her household name. When a man with a grudge and a gun holds her hostage, Arlene becomes her own big story.

June Phyllis Baker always loved the written word. As a child growing up in Hasbrouck Heights NJ, the library held a summer reading contest each year for the local kids. Every year she entered and always placed in the top readers. The summer she was eight she won honorable mention. That love continued, and she remains an avid reader today.

At twelve June entered a contest by submitting a short story she'd written. She didn't win, but it spurred her love for writing and led to her eventual publication of her short story, Memories in October, 2003. Her passion has taken wing with the 2008 release of her first novel, No Regrets.

June loves British comedy and hopes to eventually merge this with her writing in a story set in England, which will be quite a change from her current novels set in the 1950's.

A high energy little dynamo, June talks even faster than she writes, and finds sleep is overrated as far as she is concerned. There's little time for sleep with so many stories yet to be told. 

Released in early July. No Regrets will be on Barnes and Nobles book shelves in two weeks.

www.JunePhyllisBaker.com

Reader
DWinston
0 Kudos

Re: Where I Wanna Be by Darlene P. Winston

I am inviting you all to check out my debut novel, titled Where I Wanna Be which is available on this site. 

Brief Summary:

This novel is about a young lady who is entering a new relationship but has reservations about doing so due to a very bad past relationship.  Not only does she have to deal with her own insecurities but also an ex-girlfriend who refuses to back off. This novel gives a realistic view of what couples have to endure to make a relationship work. In a world where men are stereo-typed as being dogs, this novel shows that there are men who are willing and able to do the right thing.

I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on this project and I think that is because the characters are so believable, those that have read it were able to identify with the characters because they saw a part of themselves or knew someone who has experienced the same or similar situations. The issues that were discussed in the novel are issues that we have all had to deal with at some point in our lives, issues of trust and letting go of past pain and that ever so popular need to protect yourself from hurt and pain while all at the same time causing just what you tried to avoid all along.  My readers have said that they felt the emotions just as the characters did and felt themselves wishing that they could have interjected themselves into the story to guide the characters.  

Feel free to visit my website for more infromation: http://www.darlenepwinston.com.  I am also available to visit with local book clubs, book stores or libraries for signings.

New User
mdolan
0 Kudos

WALDEN by Michael T. Dolan

Conversari House (www.conversari.com) has published my first novel, a coming of age work of literary fiction called WALDEN. Some reviews follow below. Thanks for checking it out!

"A Main Line Today Must. In his first novel, West Chester's Michael T. Dolan cleverly conveys the college experience - especially those first hours when you're bracing yourself for 'the roommate.' Satirical, tragic and poignant, the coming-of-age story of Walden XVI, a student struggling to find his identity, makes the perfect stocking stuffer for any college freshman." - Main Line Today

"Walden is a coming of age tale like none preceding it. Told with a wit, style and panache of a born satirist, Dolan offers a tale neatly rolled and bundled in a gestalt of life’s manifold sorrows and joys... Visit the world of Walden in this marvelous story served up by Michael Dolan. It is a visit you will not regret." - Mad Hatters' Review

WALDEN is a story about the seamier side of campus life, a life far removed from the smiling faces on the college brochures. Mike Dolan has crafted a powerful and evocative story, full of anger, frustration and misdirected emotion, about a young man caught up in the anonymous and soul-crushing world of the educational system. Should be required reading for all college freshmen.” - Iain Levison, author of A Working Stiff's Manifesto

"[Dolan's] passion jumps out of the pages of his premiere novel, leaving the reader wanting more...Dolan's skillful way of describing a typical college campus, "frat" guys and the awkward first roommates allows the message of the book to apply to any college or university student. It is a must-read for any current student or recent grad." - The Villanovan

"If there was ever a story of a predetermined path with no thought of how the actual person would respond, Walden is it...Walden has more twists and turns than a roller coaster..." - The Chanticleer

4 STARS! "Walden entertainingly explores how one student ignores the typical route of acceptance, and leads his own personal uprising against his university and family...Its pages are filled with action." - Daily Orange

"Not only will college students indentify with Walden, but readers of all ages will, too, as it communicates the universal struggle toward the individual... Dolan has created an ideal read for a diverse audience connected by this common search." - Villanova Magazine

"...a young man's coming of age... is told like none preceding it with a shocking ending that no one could have anticipated...Walden is an easy-read and truly enjoyable book. It is comedic, although the situations aren't. The book's emotions and themes are very relatable..." The Daily Campus

"With a cynical personality that rivals Holden Caulfield, Walden destroys his father's expectations... Is the pressure too much for Walden? ... One thing is for sure: Walden surely isn't passing on the family moniker." - The Eastern Echo

Contributor
Melduvall
0 Kudos

Train to Yesterday

Hi, I'm Nell DuVall author of Train to Yesterday, a time travel romance set mainly in 1855 Coshocton, Ohio. The romance takes place against the rivalry between the canals and the nascent railroads. Romance Review Today said: "TRAIN TO YESTERDAY is a thoroughly enjoyable read that the reader will not want to put down.  Penny is a modern woman; can she adapt to the 1800s?  Women did not even have the right to vote!  What about the danger to the railroad?  Fletcher does not trust Penny when what she tries to tell him is beyond belief.  Can these two trust each other?  Can a romance flourish between them when one of them is out of time?  Secondary characters blend and add to the substance of the story, from the fighting Irish to Fletcher’s Aunt Emily, while the hostility between the canals and the railroad fuels the suspense. 

Nell Duvall has taken her love of Ohio history and crafted an electrifying story of romance, betrayal, greed, and new beginnings.  This reviewer can only hope that we will see more of Penny and Fletcher in Nell Duvall’s future works. I want more."
Nell DuVall, Train to Yesterday. Five Star (Gale/Cengage)
Contributor
CrypticBindings
0 Kudos

Boutique Publisher Touts Serial Novel, Debut Title

Cryptic Bindings' serial novel is still going strong. We're leaning towards the title "Billionaires, Bullets & Exploding Monkeys." Check it out. The first printed novel/Kindle title, "On/Off - A Jekyll & Hyde Story" will be debuting on November 4th, 2008 and will be available via Baker and Taylor and Ingram.

For news on both titles, and to check out the "On/Off" cover art go here:

www.crypticbindings.com
Contributor
CrypticBindings
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Cryptic Bindings' serial novel is still going strong. We're leaning towards the title "Billionaires, Bullets & Exploding Monkeys." Check it out. The first printed novel/Kindle title, "On/Off - A Jekyll & Hyde Story" will be debuting on November 4th, 2008 and will be available via Baker and Taylor and Ingram.

For news on both titles, and to check out the "On/Off" cover art go here:

www.crypticbindings.com
Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

I have read Nell Duvall's Train to Yesterday--found it a good, pleasant read.
Alexey Braguine, author of Kingmaker