MLT
Frequent Contributor
MLT
0 Kudos

Re: Now Available on Barnes & Noble.com-"Color Me Jazzmyne" By: Marian L. Thomas

The book has arrived, the smiles upon my face can't be described! Go On-line and take a peek if Drama & Romance (just a touch) are what you seek!

Title: Color Me Jazzmyne

ISBN-978-0-615-27067-8

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=Color+Me+Jazzmyne

Thank you everyone for supporting this journey!

MLT
New User
Walter-Phillips
0 Kudos

Brothers Kept Apart

Hello Everyone:

This is a very useful thread, and it took me quite some time to finally reach the end.  It seems that all new authors have similar predicaments.  Please allow me to introduce my first book, Brothers Kept Apart.

Christians claim that the Bible contains God's revelation, and Muslims claim that the Qur'an contains God's revelation.  Therefore, there should be harmony between the principal teachings of both books.  Imagine my surprise when I found that there was.  However, for the past 1,300 years Christians and Muslims have been taught that there are irreconcilable differences between the two books.

Most Muslim teachers have never read the Bible, yet they continue to criticize their understanding of Christian tradition.  Similarly, most Christian teachers have never read the Qur'an, yet they continue to criticize their understanding of Islamic tradition.  Thus both leaders continue to mislead more than half of the world's population, who are either Christian or Muslim, about what the other believes.

The Qur'an appears to teach that Muslims must believe that Jesus:

• was born of the virgin Mary;
  • taught the Gospel;
  • performed many miracles, including raising the dead;
  • was crucified;
  • was raised by God; and
  • is the Messiah.

The Qur'an also appears to teach that Muslims must:

• believe in one God who is identified as the only Creator, and the God of Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Job, Elisha, David, and the Old Testament Prophets;
  • repent and believe in order to receive God's forgiveness by grace;
  • develop and cultivate a personal relationship with the God of Abraham;
  • believe the Bible, and copy and distribute it to all nations of the earth without compensation;
  • receive guidance from the Holy Spirit;
  • resist the temptations from Satan; and
  • avoid the condemnation of hell.

These teachings are also contained in the Bible.

I have studied the Bible and early civilizations for the past thirty years, and the Qur'an for the past seven.  I have also spent the past twenty years investigating evidence and designing solutions to problems.  I believe that the most important lesson from studying history is: never be afraid to re-examine the evidence in order to learn or verify the truth. We should never be afraid to critically examine claims of truth, for truth should be able to withstand rigorous scrutiny.

I hope that this book can reconcile these brothers who have been unnecessarily kept apart for far too long.

Regards,

Walter Phillips

Brothers Kept Apart 

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

The Spellbinder

Hi, I'm a soon-to-be world famous author *chuckles in background* and I'm currently writing the first installment to the "Spellbinder Quartet," something I have titled "Flat On the Floor". And yes, it is a song by Carrie Underwood. Listen to it and maybe you'll uncover some meaning to the book.

Anyways, my book's about K.J. Di Angelo, who suffers from strange epileptic fits that result in visions of the past after her family perished in a house fire that was caused by her (but she doesn't realize this till later), and is currently living in the Bronx, New York with her grandmother. But that's all until she learns that she is the Spellbinder, a magical being with the power to create...and destroy. Little does she know that no Spellbinder has survived past their sixteenth birthday...and for a good reason...

Ooh, ominous music in the background, right?

And yeah, I know this is supposed to be for published authors, but my story's screaming to the world to be heard. I couldn't help myself.

"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

-Pretty Handsome Awkward, The Used
New User
dd_determine
0 Kudos

Re: Determination, Recapturing My Life After Leukemia!

Hello everyone,

I asked that you please take the opportunity to read my book, DETERMINATION, Recapturing My Life After Leukemia.  It's a heart felt autiobiography that's filled with knowledge and hope of my personal struggle with Leukemia and through my journey with this disease I was able to put my personal life in perspective too. My book will be released on March 17, 2009 including on B&N that was published with: (tatepublishing.com)

I never thought that something like this could happen to me but it did.  Everything around me came to a complete stop because my life was on the line.  Most of my life I always felt that I had to prove myself to others for acceptance rather than loving and accepting the person that I am. 

I hope by me writing this book, I can bring a better understanding from my own personal experiences from this deadly disease and how it affects so many lives.  There's still so much to be learn about Leukemia.  I definitely don't have all the answers, but I do know how it feels when you don't know if your'e going to live or die and the frustration of sitting, waiting, wondering and even hoping if they're able to locate a donor who match for my bone marrow. 

Thanks B&N and Jessica for giving us new authors to be heard.  I wish you all good luck. 

MLT
Frequent Contributor
MLT
0 Kudos

Color Me Jazzmyne By Marian L. Thomas

Color Me Jazzmyne  

Naya Mona began what many would call a "once upon a time" life, but somewhere along the way the colors in her life begin to change. Every moment, every turn creates a new color until one day her son enters into her life and she is forced to answer the question...What color is Jazzmyne?

Hear her story through her voice. Feel her emotions and follow her journey of colors that make her the woman she was always meant to be.

Join Blog: http://findingmycolorwithmlt.com

MLT
Reader 2
cocopreme
0 Kudos

A Month in Paris by Candace Bacon

Hello my name is Candace Bacon and I recently published A Month in Paris.  My book is a memoir of a six week study tour I did in France.   

A Month in Paris

See my book on B&N:  A Month In Paris   My website link is http://www.publishedauthors.net/candacebacon/index.html.

Here is the info from the back cover: 

Stepping off the plane in Paris for a six-week study tour, Candace, the heroine of the story, embarked on a cross-cultural adventure that changed her in ways she could never have imagined. After falling victim to a pickpocket her third day in the city, having a cultural meltdown in a grocery store, and a myriad of other misadventures, Candace realized that the city that she was actually in was not the Paris, City of Lights, that she had built up in her dreams. The book is the chronicle of how she learned to be a stranger in a foreign city and deal with the weight of the culture shock that she experienced. She tells of the moments when homesickness hit the hardest and how she picked herself up and came to know the magic that the real Paris has to offer. 

I live in Tennesse with my husband.  I love to travel and am especially obsessed with Europe.  I have an assortment of hobbies and interests: ballroom dancing, playing the guitar, science fiction, scrapbooking, and decorating.

Thanks for checking out my book.  I hope those who read it enjoy it.  Hopefully you will laugh and cry along with me as you read my adventures.  

Specializing in mad science and spooky schemes.

“Because, as we know, almost anything can be read into any book if you are determined enough.” C.S. Lewis
Contributor
bj12
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

By John L. Brown"This is a small book, but powerful. The book is about how I, as a Vietnam vet, see the world of the ghetto. What I see happening to good people as they cannot get any help. It is as if they have no way out. How do our own black people see us? How can we turn things around? Also, the book talks about what we don’t talk about in the ghetto. That’s why I am naming the book The Unspoken. What the world don’t talk about."

John L. Brown

Filled with the author’s experiences and personal observations, The Unspoken is a touching eye-opener that will move and inspire you. Get a copy now and see how you’ll feel next time you see a black kid on the streets…

Available online at

www.xlibris.com

ISBN13 (TP) 978-1-4363-3173-9

ISBN13 (HB) 978-1-4363-3174-6

New User
sweetsbydenise
0 Kudos

IT HAPPENS IN THREES by Denise Robbins

Short Synopsis:

Everyone knows bad things happen in threes, especially Ruby Goodman.

1-Fired from her job

2-Her ex-fiancé turned stalker

3? . . . Ruby is not sticking around to find out.   

Fleeing Florida to escape her fate, she runs headlong into. . .Michael Augustson, secret agent, and. . . straight into danger.

Once burned, twice learned, does Ruby dare trust again?

Author/Book Website:

www.deniserobbins.com

B&N Book link:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/It-Happens-in-Threes/Denise-Robbins/e/9781603180863/?itm=1

Brief BIO:

Robbins, a software engineering manager by day, developed a passion for romantic novels five years ago. She began writing It Happens in Threes as a way to combine her love of writing with a lifelong interest in true crime and mysteries. In this debut novel, Robbins uses her intricate knowledge of computers and software to take readers on a roller coaster ride of suspense and intrigue.

Contributor
Omega
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Hello, everyone,

I am a first timer and a first-time author, as well. My book, a memoir, "A Bell, a Song, an American Journey," has been recently published by Winepress. The book presents my experiences with mental illness and illegal immigration. It also offers new ideas on America and peace. Please, check it out at www.annotationbooks.com/product.asp?pid=2058. You can also order it at 877-421-7323. I wish you happy reading. Many thanks.

New User
miketwilight
0 Kudos

Twilighted Side

Book Of Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Drama, Action, Suspense, And More.