Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

David_Burrows wrote:

Prophecy of the Kings is now book of the month (July) on Science Fiction and Fantasy website: http://www.sciencefictionandfantasy.co.uk/

If you are a fantasy fan this could be just right for you.

Prophecy Of The Kings - Book 1  by David Burrows

Prophecy Of The Kings - Book 2  by David Burrows

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Boomerang by Alan Hutcheson

Hi and thanks for the opportunity to tell you about Boomerang.

Boomerang has had a long history, including an earlier version I published under the title Close Enough for Government Work several years ago. The ebook revolution has given me a great opportunity to make a number of revisions and present it all over again to a much wider audience. And so far the response has been really nice.

Boomerang is a comic novel of international intrigue played out by characters who are either operating way outside their comfort zones or are finding what they thought was their comfort zone isn't very comfy anymore. It's inspiration comes from a mixed bag of Donald E. Westlake's Dortmunder novels, the movie It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, a bit of Wodehouse sensibility, some Carl Hiassen mayhem, and, many readers have told me, a bit of Dickens in the distinctive and memorable characters.

Ted Hogwood's beloved Sarah, a jazz guitar, is in the window of Topp Dollar Pawn. The only way he can get the money to rescue her is to accept an assignment from the AABC, a not nearly official branch of the United States intelligence community. He is partnered with Jerry Kwiatkowski, master of the Hammond B-3 organ and chronic flatulence sufferer, to steal a boomerang containing secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover over thirty years ago. It would be a simple job if only they knew what they were doing. And if a crossbow wielding assassin, two unemployed Australian women, The Director of Central Intelligence and a clothing optional former onion festival queen were not also hot on the boomerang's trail.

Boomerang does have a central home on the web right here:  Boomerangthenovel

And of course I am proud to have it here at Barnes and Noble, where I must say it has been very well received so far.

Boomerang  

Ebook Alchemy had this to say about Boomerang

It's a book version of an extremely successful Cohen (I do believe she meant "Coen") brothers movie: quirky, funny in unexpected places, and more than a few twists and turns before you reach the end. The story is told from many opposing viewpoints, but it unfolds easily; just start reading it and let it do the work...There are no wasted words, and no fluffy padding of any kind.

Please accept my invitation to check out Boomerang.

All the best,

Alan Hutcheson

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
New User
michellejaninerobinson
0 Kudos

ZANE PRESENTS: COLOR ME GREY, by Michelle Janine Robinson

With nonstop action from page one, Color Me Grey is the incredible story of a woman who gives birth to twins, from two different fathers.

Beautiful mahogany-skinned Bridget Grey finds herself locked in a vicious nightmare. Raped by her husband’s influential boss and reluctant to tell her husband for fear that it will kill his career, Bridget hides her horrible secret. But then she gives birth to twins—a girl named Jasmine, dark-skinned with dark hair and eyes, and blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jacob.

Author, Michelle Janine Robinson's first novel, Color Me Grey, debuted a month ago and has enjoyed great success.  Her next novel, More Than Meets They Eye, is a return to her erotic roots –  with a paranormal twist –  and will be available, January 4, 2011, wherever books are sold.  Michelle has contributed several short stories to editor Zane’s erotic anthologies, including Purple Panties, Honey Flava and Caramel Flava, and her short story contribution “The Quiet Room” was the first featured story in the Times bestseller Succulent: Chocolate Flava II.  Michelle is also a contributor to the oral sex-themed anthology, Tasting Him, with her story “A Tongue Is Just A Tongue,” edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel. Michelle recently put the finishing touches on her third novel, Serial Typical, also being published by  Simon & Schuster and slated for publication July of 2011.  Michelle is a native New Yorker and the mother of identical twin boys.  You can learn all about Michelle and what she is working on next on her website at www.michellejaninerobinson.com.  You can also find Michelle at www.facebook.com/michelle.j.robinson, www.myspace.com/justef or follow Michelle at www.twitter.com/MJanineRobinson.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Color-Me-Grey/Michelle-Janine-Robinson/e/9781593092931

Contributor
BrenCon
0 Kudos

The book that I wrote is titled Blank Spaces.  I had thought about this book for the past twenty years.  After many attempts to write it, I finally was able to actually write it.  It took six months to write the first draft.  I know that isn't very long but I had most of the book written in my head.

I like to say that the book crosses many genres.  It is fiction.  It is also a drama, suspense, mystery, a bit of comedy, and some romance.

The story takes place in and around Grand Forks, North Dakota.  I know most people know very little about the area but not knowing the area doesn't matter to the story.

The story is about a young woman, Melissa, who can't remember her childhood.  She wants to remember but her brother, Stephen, would rather she not remember.  A man, Jesse, comes into Melissa's life to ask for her help.  Jesse was convicted of a crime that he did not commit, and Melissa is the only witness to the crime.  To help Jesse, Melissa must remember her childhood.  Stephen is willing to do anything to stop her from remembering.  But Melissa is willing to do anything to fill in the blank spaces in her mind, even if remembering could cause damage to her mind.

People who have read the book has said that they could not put the book down.  They all say that they couldn't wait to see what happened next.

You can purchase the book using the link below.

Blank Spaces  

New User
Catherine7
0 Kudos

Hello Barnes&Noble Readers!  My name is Catherine Anne.  I have just completed my first novel

"Tara's Journal".  This is the first book in a series of three and the premise is this:

Tara is a reporter for Time Magazine and she is undercover in the world's largest satanic cult.

As the book opens the reader discovers Tara has died.  Some chapters are excerpts from her journal explaining what has happened to her.

Some chapters are written from the HUMAN perspective.  Some chapters are written from the the ANGELS which guard the humans and some chapters are written from the DEMONS that torment them. 

The book takes you on a journey that begins on Earth, then travels from the magnificence of Heaven to the horrors of Hell.  The story is revealed through the eyes of the angels and demons themselves and might forever alter the way you view the supernatural.

I hope you enjoy my book and invite you to post your thoughts here or you may email me at TarasJournal@aol.com

Thank you in advance for your interest in my book and I look forward to continuing the journey with you in the next two books "Rachael's Journey" and "The Holy Spirit Generation".

Inspired Contributor
WilliamWright
0 Kudos

"But I wasn't..." by William Wright

Hi,

If you have $0.99 to spare, i'd love it if you'd read my eBook, "But I wasn't...".

It is a short story about a young boy who begrudgling has to walk his sister to school, he finds it hard to combine his big boy image with the job at hand and he can't see the end of the misery either.

find it @B&N here!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/William-Wright/24440816210
Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

The Usurper by Cliff Ball

My newest novel is finally available on B&N, apparently most of it showed up today.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&ISBN=1453702725&r=1

What it's about:

The Usurper  is a fictional account of what would happen if the Soviet Union and KGB were given the chance to take down the United States from within. They use the American political system, education system, terrorism, and commit environmental disasters to achieve these goals.

The Soviet Union and the KGB refuse to let the purging of communists in the United States government by Senator Joe McCarthy and the House Un-American Activities Committee deter them. Soviet Premier Khrushchev authorizes the KGB to embark on an ambitious, decades long plan to destroy the United States from within through the corruption of American politicians, the American education system, terrorism, and environmental disasters.

Gary Jackson is the fulfillment of the KGB plan to destroy the United States from within. They raise him from birth to hate everything about the United States, indoctrinate him, and introduce him to terrorists across the world, where the KGB dictates all terrorist attacks. When Gary is a teenager, he is sent to the United States, with his fake birth certificate, to assimilate and begin his mission. Nothing will deter his goals of completely and utterly destroying the United States. When the Soviet Union dissolves, he is given a choice, and he decides to continue with the mission.

Find out what happens next, as a select few try to stop Gary Jackson.

Cover

Please check out my website for more details about the novel

and my book trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l-kFGDJIqU

New User
PurpleButterflyPages
0 Kudos

Alexandra: A Williams Family Journal by Stephanie Townsend Ayers

[ Edited ]

Alexandra - A Williams Family Journal

I would like to share the news about a new Christian historical fiction novel, Alexandra: A Williams Family Journal, by Stephanie Townsend Ayers.

It is 1889 and the Williams siblings are mourning the loss of their parents.
Seeking security, through routine they adhere to the daily responsibilities of managing the family farm, but soon seventeen-year-old James and sixteen-year-old
Alexandra are overwhelmed in their efforts to raise their younger siblings.
Through heartache and hardships, this young family must find a way to
survive using the faith, love, and respect their parents taught them. As hard as economic times are, struggles are nothing new. Imagine being a teenager left to your own devices on a Mennonite farm in 1889! When their parents die suddenly, sixteen- year-old Alexandra, heroine of Alexandra: A Williams Family Journal, and her seventeen-year-old brother James, must make ends meet, face the perils of weather and wild, and provide physical and spiritual sustenance for their two younger siblings.

I believe this book is unique in its story of reliance and faith. The characters rely on their faith in God and each other to survive heartache, as well as, family and personal tragedies. This story gives hope of overcoming and surviving life's obstacles through faith in God. This book is suitable for a wide age range and has the ability to close the generation gap between young adult and adult. It is a story for a parent and teenage to enjoy together and has the ability to stimulate conversation and group discussion.

You can purchase this Christian historical fiction at: www.PurpleButterflyPages.com or at any Barnes & Noble store. Please read this book! You are in for a great treat.

Thank you for letting me share about this new author's novel!

Caitlin

" No man can be called friendless who has God and the companionship of good books" - Elizabeth Barrett Browning -
New User
lvforbes5
0 Kudos

Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice by LaTarsha Vanchelle Forbes

Description of the title: A true testimony about my life. A testimony on how my disobedience caused me to endure the ultimate sacrifice-death. The Spirit was telling me no, but my heart’s desire was telling me yes. I thought I met my “Boaz”. But instead I met a wolf in sheep’s clothing. But God knew I was going to make a bad choice. But He gave beauty for ashes. He was faithful to me, when I wasn’t faithful to Him. 

I am Christian, wife, and mother. God has called me to the Five Fold Ministry, but I am ordained as a Prophetess. I have a passion or a heart for the black men, and the incarcerated. But God has called me to be a voice to every age, gender, nationality, and tongue. I am an entrepreneur, book writer, song writer, songstress, and intercessor. I am currently working on my second book, while promoting my first book. But what led me to write my first book was truly inspired by God.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Obedience-Is-Better-Than-Sacrifice/LaTarsha-Vanchelle-Forbes/e/9781...

or

http://amzn.com/1448618266

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Executive Retention is now Live at B&N!

Executive Retention  the sequel to Executive Lunch  is now available for the NOOK! 

After solving one case of corporate crime, Sedona expected to get her peaceful life back. Problem: She is still a manager at Strandfrost, and there is still rampant jealousy over her promotion. Is the danger of being railroaded by her not-so-illustrious colleagues worse than taking a new undercover job from Steve Huntington?

Crooks are coming out of the woodwork and family troubles are stewing. Sedona needs to keep her sanity intact, piece together mismatched clues and dodge more than one stray bullet. If she can manage all of that, maybe she'll have time to figure out whether her love life stands a chance.

I hope you enjoy it.  For those who have left reviews of my books, I'd like to say a big Thank YOU! 

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books