Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
CassieRyan
0 Kudos

Ceremony of Seduction by Cassie Ryan

Hi everyone. Glad to be here on the loop!

My book, the first in my Seduction trilogy is called Ceremony of Seduction. It was released August 2007.

Ceremony of Seduction has received some terrific reviews, so I thought I would share!!

Romantic Times BOOKreviews gave CEREMONY OF SEDUCTION 4 Stars along with this fabulous review. "This is an incredibly creative read with likable characters. Alyssa is not perfect, which will appeal to readers. If you're looking for a sexy escape, you'll find it here. Ryan has crafted a sensual story that leaves nothing to the imagination."

Regina from Coffee Time Romance gave CEREMONY OF SEDUCTION 5 cups and had this to say. "Ceremony of Seduction is the perfect erotic read with just the right touch of paranormal. Ms. Ryan’s world building is well defined and beyond extraordinary. The lovemaking is always flavored with caring and strong emotions and one of the reasons that I read this book in nearly one sitting. A couple of sequels are hinted at, and I for one cannot wait! Ms. Ryan’s Ceremony of Seduction positively sizzles and is not to be missed!"

Joyfully Reviewed said, "From the first erotic word to the last sensual line, Ceremony of Seduction weaves a spell around its reader and doesn’t let go. I loved the world that Ms. Ryan created. The people of Tador are highly sensual and very loving. Readers can’t help but fall in love with them all, and the way Ms. Ryan portrays them."

When Dreams Of Desire…
Twenty-three-year-old Alyssa Moss has lived her whole life in the shadow of her beautiful family. Voluptuous where they are lean, brunette where they are blonde, Alyssa is convinced she is an ugly duckling who will never become a swan. The only thing that sustains her is a recurring dream in which a seductive stranger named Stone worships and pleasures every inch of her. But maddeningly, Stone always disappears just as Alyssa is on the edge of dizzying ecstasy—with a puzzling promise that one day he will find her. That day has come….

Become Reality…
For years, Stone has searched for the kidnapped first princess of his people—an other-worldly clan whose life-force is sexual energy. Alyssa is that princess, stolen by a rival faction and banished to live on Earth. But now Stone has found her and will return her to her rightful home, one in which she will own the curvaceous body she was born with—and the passionate desire that throbs within it as she learns an endless variety of delicious pleasures and discovers the infinite power she feels when all her cravings are satisfied…

I hope you enjoy Ceremony of Seduction. Let me know--I'd love to hear from you! cassie.ryan@cox.net

Here's where you can find it on B&N - http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780758220653&itm=1
Cassie Ryan
- - - - - - - -
Ceremony of Seduction - Aug 2007
Visions of Seduction - June 2008
Triangle of Seduction - TBD
New User
LynnHoffman
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

May I tell you a little about bang BANG? It's my novel about a Center City Philadelphia woman who gets really upset with all the guns on the streets and does something outrageous to make things better. Here's a review from the nation's librarians:

*STAR* BookList (published by the American Library Association)
. . . her close friend is shot in the street, . . . . Interviewed by a reporter at the scene, Paula later discovers that her grief-stricken words, taken out of context, are being used by a shady senator and the gun industry to promote the pro-firearm agenda. Suddenly finding herself the unwitting—and very public—proponent of a political stance she abhors, Paula embarks on a decidedly offbeat, one-woman vigilante crusade to bring the gun trade to its knees . . . the book is filled with anger and raw urgency. The characters are tough and believable, and the dialogue positively sings. In many ways it’s the literary equivalent of a Tarantino movie: edgy, streetwise, and a little arrogant (don’t expect a balanced look at the subject of gun control), with a strong and determined female protagonist. Brilliant might be too big a word for this novel but not by much.

If that sounds interesting, you can read an excerpt and some reviews at:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=bang+bang&z=y

Lynn
Frequent Contributor
ChefJon
0 Kudos

I happened to read Lynn Hoffman's bang BANG and it's REALY good. It reads like an action movie screenplay and you find your sympathies moving from one character to another. I used to live in Philadelphia so also loved the Philly references. Lynn, welcome to the BN book club--I hope others enjoy it as much as I did.
Frequent Contributor
crucker
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!(Dog is not man's best friend, It's a Woman)

Rev. Dr. Clarence Rucker, Jr., from Detroit to Atlanta (to Houston)has found his way as an elocutionist. Dr. Rucker is hailed as one of the great evangelistic voices of the gospel. He is a poet, educator, author, elocutionist, and civil rights activist. He travels and spreads the gospel, “From dust, to life, to power.” In His latest book, "Heaven At Its Best." ( A dynamic Love Story.) It is about a relationship that rivaled Solomon and the Shulamite Maiden in the Song of Solomon. This is the beginning of all relationships. This relationship overwhelmed the five senses and created a sixth sense called, "Heaven." It bypassed the imagination. Their essence left their bodies and went into each other. The man no longer stated, "she was his other half." He found out she was his other self. He truly found that a dog was not man's best friend, it was the lady if you treat her well.
CRuck
New User
montereyauthor
0 Kudos

New Jewish Novel

[ Edited ]
Check out FIXER by Ed Brodow.

Power broker Harry Leonnoff takes on polio, anti-Semitism, and Mayor Fiorello La Guardia in this thrilling novel of New York City politics and Jewish immigrants on the Lower East Side.

"A passionate, tough and colorful story...fascinating!" -- Iris Rainer Dart, author of BEACHES

Edited by Admin. for links.

Message Edited by Jessica on 11-26-2007 10:53 AM
Reader 2
Mamet
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
HUSH MA THE HEART HAS NO BONES, BUT IT CAN BE BROKEN. By Mamet.

Dear Prospective Reader,
In today's Societal Culture let us take a parallel look t Kumba from Africa in the Western world, as compared to the Mormons in their Culture and Tradition encourages Polygamy Marriages which in part of their norm. In sharp contrast, Kumba in the Africa Culture practices Polygamy but in different way.

Hush ma as narrated in Hush ma, Kumba as a change agent is trying to bring to light the mistakes of her Tradition and Cultural norms. That is, the never-ending female genital circumcision, spousal Abuse, and Male dominance.

On the other side of the spectrum, Kumba as a change agent realized the virtue of how Culture is practiced in the Western world. Migrating to the western world and acculturating to the principles of democratic change and women power enabled Kumba to learn how backward her Culture is. Kumba is trying to point-out her struggle to understand the two different worldviews and how he can use her voice as an agent of change to bring the methodology of freedom of speech as a Hush ma woman in her country. Hush Ma will enlighten the reader of how Kumba is willing to bring about awareness and change, and to stop Cultural Abuse in her Country.

*As the Author and a victim, i wrote "Hush Ma" for the world to be aware of these cultural ill practices and hope it'll stop.

"Hush Ma" is currently sold at Barnes&Noble, Amazon.com and other book stores.

Link added by Admin.

Message Edited by Jessica on 01-22-2008 01:13 PM
MAMET
New User
Tatianas
0 Kudos

"Legal Alien's Guide. Building a Career and Life in Chicago, Illinois" by Tatiana Sorokina

Dear all,

I want to introduce you my unique guide of Chicago and suburbs. This is a reference guide to various organizations, associations grouos and clubs that help you to find a job, start and grow your own business or just meet likeminded people. Each entry comes with a detailed description, website, list of services and advantages. The guide has a chapter specifically dedicated to each ethnic minority, women, internationals, a chapter for different age groups. It also give useful tips how to make use of all these resources with maximum success.

The "Legal Alien's Guide" website is http://legalaliensguide.blogspot.com
The book is available for purchase at all major on-line retailers, including Barnesandnoble.com: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780595446223&itm=1
Frequent Contributor
crucker
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!"Heaven At Its Best (A dog is not man's best friend(It's a Woman)

This is Rev Dr Clarence Rucker Author of, "Heaven At Its Best." I want to say how much I appreciate the responses and the time you took to review the Love Story that rivaled Solomon and the Shulamite Maiden in Song of Solomon. This is a true story and it altered my essence. Personally,I never knew that this type of "True Love" could be so real and by-pass my imagination. Some things are without understanding.
Thanks again
Clarence
CRuck
Frequent Contributor
crucker
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!"Heaven At Its Best."

Jessica, this Is Dr Rucker Author of "Heaven At Its Best." I want to say: "Thank You so very much for your corrections of me and the exposure. You've shown you cared and as They say: "Sometimes a Little with correction is better than nothing." By your recognition I can still use my imagination. To everyone, "Imagination can take you from where you are, to where you wish to be."
Thanks again
CRuck
New User
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!Better Said Now Than Never Said At All

[ Edited ]
My Name is CJ Barrimond and my book is now on sale at Barnes and Nobles website and other online book stores. This book is an accumulation of my perceptions and feelings on twelve different yet very important subjects. There subjects are what are most passionate to me. This book has been described as interesting, enlightening, slightly spiritual with a bit of humor. It has also been said that it is a great conversational piece and very thought provoking.

I have challenged everyone to bu this book, I know you won't be sorry.

Better Said Now than Never Said at All!
by C. Barrimond
BUY THIS ITEM$14.95 List price $13.45 Online price
(Save 10%) $12.10 Member price Learn About Membership Add to Wish ListDetails
Usually ships within 24 hours
Delivery Times and Shipping Rates
(Paperback)

Write a Review

Publisher: Publish America
Pub. Date: October 2007
ISBN-13: 9781424195855
96pp