Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or buy the E-book direct from Barnes&Noble for $9.99.

http://www.publishamerica.net/product23503.html

Nookbook

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: New book about the spiritual meaning of your life challenges

Congratulations!  You may like to look at this book because of your area of interest :

Soul and Reincarnation : What Happens to Soul at the Time of Death  by: Dr. Sukhraj S Dhillon

Most of the guides are now available as Barnes and Noble nook and Amazon Kindle too:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sukhraj+dhillon&x=18&y=... 

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Dr+Sukhraj+S+Dhillon

Wishing all the best in 2011

drdln

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO AMERICA'S WEIGHT PROBLEM:

With all the knowledge and experience of doing research and publishing 12 health-related books, I must admit that I have maintained proper weight. However, I COULD NOT REDUCE EVEN 5 POUNDS NATURALLY till I tried what I don’t hesitate to call a miracle technique for reducing belly and losing weight. The most effective among any method I have tested or written about weight loss. It can be done anywhere, anytime and requires no special equipment. And this is not even any diet or vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting.

The book is divided in three parts. Part one is about diet concept using the best of eastern traditions and western scientific knowledge. However, the traditional dieting approaches, in general, have not worked, and the number of over-weight young and old have gone up. We suggest you read this useful information. But may quickly go through this part if not have time or not interested in dietary aspect. Part two is actual technique that needs to be understood as thoroughly as possible. Part three describes the science behind the technique and technicalities. The reader is suggested to read part three primarily to understand the theory and to master the technique. If not interested in theory or don’t have time, you may again quickly go through part three. But we highly recommend you read it.

Finally remember “your body is a temple of the soul and the holy spirit, a gift from God.” Consider every day what you can do to Care for the Temple. With child obesity rates at national health emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle Obama now), it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

If interested most of my books are available on Amazon, and Barnes & Noble too:

Barnes &Noble http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Dr+Sukhraj+S+Dhillon

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

My novels selling for $.99 for month of January

For the month of January, my three novels are selling for $.99. Please check them out

The Usurper

Ever wonder what would happen if our worst fears were realized, and we elected someone who was willing to destroy the USA no matter the cost to him, his fellow Americans, or the rest of the world? The Usurper is that novel.

Gary Jackson is raised to hate. Hate the United States, and everything it has ever stood for. His mission is to destroy the country from within, allying himself with the worst of America's enemies, and one very powerful and malevolent billionaire, to accomplish the deed. Once elected to the highest position in the land, Gary puts his lifelong goals to work, and puts the USA onto the path of ultimate destruction. He stops at nothing to rid the USA of his political and spiritual enemies. Once his goals are met, he sets his eyes on the ultimate prize, control of the rest of the world. Will anyone stop this man before it's too late?

Out of Time

A scientist discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong. The time travelers meet all sorts of 20th century characters, but, someone is trying to stop them. Once they return to their present, things may not be what they appear.

Shattered Earth

Advanced humans, called Terrans, leave Earth when its threatened by a massive meteor. The remaining humans on Earth fall back into primitiveness. The advanced humans, and a group of aliens, the Ragnor, involve Earth in an interstellar war. Thousands of years later, the humans of Earth decide to do something about this. Interstellar politics will never be the same again once Earth is done with their revenge.

Thanks!

Cliff

New User
Greg_Marchand
0 Kudos

What Happens in Yellowstone by Gregory Marchand

New User
BOOKLLOVER
0 Kudos

Re: Locked In - a medical thiller

HEY...love medical thrillers...i do interviews on WWW.DAVIDSBOOKTALK.COM...listen to my interviews if you get a chance...always looking for new subjects...DAVID

Contributor
VickiMasterMind
0 Kudos

Re: My novels selling for $.99 for month of January

Great prices, and my interest is sparked

cebj25 wrote:

For the month of January, my three novels are selling for $.99. Please check them out

The Usurper

Ever wonder what would happen if our worst fears were realized, and we elected someone who was willing to destroy the USA no matter the cost to him, his fellow Americans, or the rest of the world? The Usurper is that novel.

Gary Jackson is raised to hate. Hate the United States, and everything it has ever stood for. His mission is to destroy the country from within, allying himself with the worst of America's enemies, and one very powerful and malevolent billionaire, to accomplish the deed. Once elected to the highest position in the land, Gary puts his lifelong goals to work, and puts the USA onto the path of ultimate destruction. He stops at nothing to rid the USA of his political and spiritual enemies. Once his goals are met, he sets his eyes on the ultimate prize, control of the rest of the world. Will anyone stop this man before it's too late?

Out of Time

A scientist discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong. The time travelers meet all sorts of 20th century characters, but, someone is trying to stop them. Once they return to their present, things may not be what they appear.

Shattered Earth

Advanced humans, called Terrans, leave Earth when its threatened by a massive meteor. The remaining humans on Earth fall back into primitiveness. The advanced humans, and a group of aliens, the Ragnor, involve Earth in an interstellar war. Thousands of years later, the humans of Earth decide to do something about this. Interstellar politics will never be the same again once Earth is done with their revenge.

Thanks!

Cliff

Contributor
tbrookside
0 Kudos

The Last Days of Jericho by Thomas Brookside

The Last Days of Jericho is $2.99 for the Nook and is also available in paperback.

Godzilla…Mothra…King Kong…

Yahweh.

A monster is approaching the Bronze Age city of Yarich.

It cannot be stopped. It cannot be turned aside.

And the monster is…God Himself.

The Canaanite city of Yarich is home to a society that is literate, cosmopolitan...and doomed. Sakal, caravan-master to the "Melek" or king of the city-state, recounts the tale of the increasingly desperate battle for survival waged by an urban culture against fanatical outsiders – nomads from the desert wielding a terrible supernatural power.

Can anyone or anything be saved from such a foe?

Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

I sure will and have

JeromeCKing wrote:

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or buy the E-book direct from Barnes&Noble for $9.99.

http://www.publishamerica.net/product23503.html

Nookbook

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing

This is one of the most powerful books on breathing. Chapter 5, for example, explains two sets of breathing exercises which takes you out of this world. This not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows.

The book teaches you breathing-based technique called the healing breath. It incorporates specific natural rhythms of breath to release stress and bring the mind to the present moment. The book also includes other breathing techniques, meditation, low-impact yoga, and skills for dealing effectively with challenging emotions and situations.

Several independent studies on mental and physical health benefits of the breathing are given along with source, which have been published in international peer-reviewed journals. The studies confirm that practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort in their own breathing, but find cures for common illnesses from heart disease and cancer to asthma.
The “Power of Breathing” is written to be enjoyed by people of all traditions, religions, and walks of life, in universities, churches, governments, businesses, prisons, war zones, community rooms, and living rooms. The book is complete in itself and is also a foundation of healthy living.

What is called “Sudarshan Kriya” by new age gurus is a cycle of breaths—long, medium and short. Not only breathing patterns influence our emotions, the breath is in the present and is used to "rope in the wandering mind" that oscillates wildly between the past and the future. Like Zen masters who teach that the present moment is a chink opening into eternity, this guide describes the use of breathing to rope the present that frees our mind from the past which is nothing but history and the future which is mystery.

You will learn:
* Practices that heal and harmonize the body, mind, and spirit
* Skills for handling negative emotions and situations
* Practical wisdom for improving work and relationships
* Insight into the laws that govern the mind and emotions
* Stretching and low-impact yoga combined with breathing for health, circulation, and body stillness

The Power of Breathing

Some of my other titles are: