Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

Re: Searching for something that will make me laugh

KathyS wrote:

Thank you, one and all, for sharing these sensually scintillating scenarios!  I'll try not to get snogging mixed up with shagging!   I feel a story coming on to me (that's about all that comes onto me, these days!)...... Once upon a time, in the land of Snog, there lived.....

I may have to look into these books!

I must go, now....I have to prepare for tomorrow's birthday party for Thomas Jefferson.

I'll be back for tea.

That would be terribly awkward if one would get snogging mixed up with shagging. You could really send the wrong impression! Do come back for tea, I'll bring some fresh made kringle to munch on!

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf

Couldn't find my copy of Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging.

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Series #1)

However, I did find the second book in the series On the Brightside, I'm now the Girlfriend of a Sex God.

On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Series #2)

I thought I'd share the opening note from the book just to give you an idea of the content.

"A Note From Georgia:

Hello, my little American chums! Since Angus, thongs and ffs, I have been to visit your country. I liked it a lot, bit I'll just say this-- grits. What were you thinking of? I suppose you might say Beefeaters in reply. And I am in cahoots with you there-- what the Tower of London guards have got to do with eating beef beats me. But as I have said many, many times, much of life is a mystery to me. Like my grandad's gigantic shorts, for instance. Or parents.

I hope you aime the next bit of my diary as much as you did Angus. As usual I have had to do a bit of a glossary for the slightly dim among you. I must say I am surprised that you don't know that in England fag can mean cigarette as well as "homosexual" Hence lighting up a fag is not the cruel practice you might think.

Any ways, I'm exhausted now, so I must be going. I have a very busy schedule of...er...stuff to do. Good-bye my tiny friends. Or as you say over there, Adios, smallus amigos.

Love,

Georgia

P.S. Cahoots means 'in agreement'. If I have to explain everything we'll be here all day, and I really need to go to the piddly diddly department.

P.P.S. You don't know what the piddly diddly department is either, do you? Good Lord.

P.P.P.S. I love you all. Honestly."

The series really is hilarious and I highly recommend it!

Kayla

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
Correspondent
JennGrrl

I really enjoy Tim Dorsey.  My favorite so far is Triggerfish Twist.  It's got mystery, murder and it'll make you giggle to yourself.  One of the characters, for goodness sakes, was named Jack Terrier...Jack Russell Terrier.  Also, the murders are in all of these crazy ways that will actually make you laugh.

New User
hobbyistNG
0 Kudos

I loved "Angry housewives eating Bon-Bon's"

New User
Oxymoron
0 Kudos

I'm not usually a laugh out loud reader, but Sh#t My Dad Says is hilarious. It's being made into a sitcom for the fall starring William Shatner. Really funny...

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

My favorite Laugh Out Loud author is Carl Hiaasen. He has great stories and really off beat characters.

Sick Puppy 

Stormy Weather  

These are just a few of his books.

I also definitely recommend all the Janet Evanovich books. I go back and re-read all of hers. They're snort-inducing laughter books.

cork_dork_mom
Contributor
PG_Watson
0 Kudos

Sh*t My Dad Says

**bleep** My Dad Says

Absolutely hysterical, and even more so b/c its all true!  Just don't read around strangers b/c they'll wonder whats wrong with you :smileyvery-happy:

New User
ElisabethNightengale
0 Kudos

Try Post Tantrum Strategy Detonation on Amazon Kindle -- Watch out for Tom.