Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
JennDubb
0 Kudos

Re: Show off your My B&N profile!

Thanks! That really helped with the wishlist! Now, if only we can get rid of these spanish books and be able to decline these recommendations!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Contributor
angelscrest
0 Kudos

Re: Show off your My B&N profile!- How do I let B&N know not to recommend certain items?

Hi! In my B&N profile page, there is a recommendation for a DVD that I would never buy, and if it were given to me, I would throw it in the trash, because it bashed American troops.

Is there a way I can alert B&N about which items I want off of my page?

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Re: Show off your My B&N profile!- How do I let B&N know not to recommend certain items?

angelscrest wrote:

Hi! In my B&N profile page, there is a recommendation for a DVD that I would never buy, and if it were given to me, I would throw it in the trash, because it bashed American troops.

Is there a way I can alert B&N about which items I want off of my page?

Hi angelscrest - unfortunately there is currently not a way to remove the recommendations, but we are working on adding this ability in the future.

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Contributor
zamsag
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new and I have a question. If I set my profile to public will people be able to see or send me emails?
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

Your email is not displayed on the website.  When your profile is public, the only way everyone can see your email is if you post it in your description or on the bookclubs.

zamsag wrote:
Hi, I am new and I have a question. If I set my profile to public will people be able to see or send me emails?

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
New User
kitara3388
0 Kudos

Mine's done!!!!

beck

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Ok, I really never paid attention to the suggestions on the BN profile page, but after reading other's comments I went and looked at mine.  The DVDs weren't to bad but the CD recommendations were so off it was ridiculous.  They are actually suggesting two Hannah Montana cds, and the others aren't that much better.  The books are ok but still not anything I would consider reading.  So if there isn't a way to delete individual suggestions how about a way to get rid of the feature all together?
Message Edited by fforgnayr on 12-08-2008 10:16 PM
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

There isn't a way to remove suggestions yet but that's something being worked on for the future.

You probably broke the mechanism because you listed Rick Astley as a favorite and the program didn't know what to do with itself!  :smileyvery-happy:

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Frequent Contributor
janalee40
0 Kudos

My B&N profile is complete! I have never noticed that the profile provides suggestions for cds and movies as well. Where do I see these? Is it just like the suggestions for books? I'm going to check it out and see why I haven't noticed them before. I'm curious as to what the suggestions may be.
Frequent Contributor
janalee40
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

So, I take it your favorite group is the Mills Brothers? Would this explain why your profile is currenlty set to private?

(This is in response to Everyman's reasoning for keeping a private profile. This question is meant for him. I replied to his last post in this segment. However, it did not reflect his original post in the message)

Message Edited by janalee40 on 12-09-2008 06:55 PM