Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Re: Show off your My B&N profile!

DEMONTHE7TH wrote:

You should make a message board for video games and music, too:smileyhappy:

We did!  It's called Arts & Entertainment.  There's already a lot of music discussion in there, not so much about video games yet but you're more than welcome to start some!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
New User
VerveStarMiranda
0 Kudos

I'm glad to be here, first I'm a Publicist for Authors - A film/TV producer  and a Writer.

If you have time check out my profile and come join our Meet the Author events Sat. Sept 5th one is at 12 Noon Central/1pm Eastern and the other is at 4 pm Eastern

Here's stats and hope to see your there. Door prize

Life Is One Big To-Do List  s during the online chat and if you purchase one of these books from Barnes and Noble and email me your receipt, you get a special gift from the author!

Who: Bestselling Author Terri Lee Ryan talks about her book Life is One Big To-Do List: A Woman's Life after 40 - Gift with BN.com purchase is a Woman's Empower Kit from Terri
When: Saturday, Sept. 5th at 12 pm Central/1pm Eastern
Where: Chatzy http://www.chatzy.com/151200828363 Username (first name & Last initial/password ryan101)
RSVP: Preferred by not required to miranda@vervestar.com
Door Prizes & Drawings for those in attendance
Anyone who purchases a book and emails their receipt to me on the day of the Meet the Author or within 1 week after, gets a free gift with purchase from the author
Here is what critics are saying about Ms. Ryan and Life's One Big To-Do List:
“She shares life-lessons camouflaged as hysterical stories.”  Ellen Rogin, Author of Great with Money: A Woman’s Guide to Prosperity

“Chicago life coach and author Terri Lee Ryan is like that best friend who, over a cup of coffee or after a pitcher of margaritas, isn’t afraid to tell you how things really are.” – Misha Davenport, Chicago Sun-Times 

Women over 40, as well as women and men of all ages, are sure to benefit from the authors candid, cleverly-written text.” – Christy Tillery French,  Midwest Book Review 

“Terri Lee Ryan is the girlfriend who tells you all of her trade secrets in “Life Is One Big To-Do List: A Woman’s Life After 40.” -  Susanna Homan, Michigan Avenue Magazine 

“In this new book, Terri, who has been there and has done that, writes with candor, humor, and hope about divorces, aging parents, cheating husbands, nasty kids and how to survive it all.” – Ann Gerber, Skyline Newspaper 

“Fun and fabulous! I found myself hooked from page one- and I’m a guy…”Thom Racina, Best Selling Author/Emmy Award Winning TV Writer (Days of Our Lives

Bestselling Author/Consumer Health Advocate Frank Mangano talks about his book The Blood Pressure Miracle

The Blood Pressure Miracle  When: Saturday, Sept. 5th at 3 pm Central/4 pm Eastern

Where: Chatzy Virtual Room http://www.chatzy.com/110309411317 Username (First Name/Last initial) Pass: manganomta

RSVP: Preferred by not required to miranda@vervestar.com

Door Prizes & Drawings for those in attendance

Anyone who purchases a book and emails their receipt to me on the day of the Meet the Author or within 1 week after gets a Healthly Living Gift with purchase of The Blood Pressure Miracle.  Purchase must be from BN.com  

Thanks, Ciao!

Miranda

. 

Contributor
SecretHollowsWitch
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! Im new here :smileyhappy:

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/SecretHollowsWitch-profile/

My profile is still a work in progress but ive got some stuff on it right now.  I cant wait to get to meet you guys.

But A little bit about me, My names katie *insert wave, lol* I love reading. I am on the staff for a website called openbooksociety We a site all about supernatural books. If you ever get the time we would love to have you stop by and chat for a bit about your favorite book

B&N Bookseller
TheEerieCoterie
0 Kudos

Hi Katie,

You site is neat.  i love the premise.  If you are interested go to http://eerie-coterie.blogspot.com which is the website for The Eerie Coterie.  We are on BN.Com too! It has a MyBN page - Eerie Coterie.  We are all about Horror in culture, film and literature.  Please take a look and comment all over the place.

The Nobody

If you love thrillers and horror, you have found your home.
BN Editor
KEISHAinc
0 Kudos

There is a message board for Video Games! It is called A Parent's Guide to Video Games. Don't be fooled by the title, it is a forum for anyone that wants to discuss anything video game related.

Contributor
SecretHollowsWitch
0 Kudos

Hey TheEerie :smileyhappy:

Nice site!! I see your from Michigan, I am also.

B&N Bookseller
TheEerieCoterie
0 Kudos

Hi SecretHollowsWitch,

Thanks for the comments.  I am glad you like the site.  Please comment there whenever.  I am an avid Horror lover - as you could tell from the site.  It is a lot of fun.

The Nobody

If you love thrillers and horror, you have found your home.
Contributor
mystery-school
0 Kudos

Update

Hi everyone,

My name is Shanaya, author of Mystery School books #1 and #2, i am ten years old and in 9th grade. I have had Extraordinary life changes recently, from the success of my books to being invited to study in England next year to being honored as a hero through Shadow Forest Authors!  Recently i was interviewed through my hometown newspaper i know it sounds like a lot going on for my age, but i am happy and enjoying my life, I am truely blessed! Please check out my website www.shanayafastje.com, i want to share my life experiences especially with kids, if i can accomplish all of this, they can do it better with a little hard work.

Thanks a Bunch, Shanaya  

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

I love the B&N Book Clubs!  Finally some intelligent and fun discussion about books, which are everything and more!

I'm still loading up my bookshelf - I have more on my weRead Facebook bookshelf, but I'm getting there.

I'm a happily married mother of two, still looking for a job after 5 years without.  I live in Michigan, so the job market for an arts & non-profits professional are few and far between.

For now, I'm trying to make do and enjoy the extra time I have to be with my kids in a way my own mother never was able.  I teach private lessons on the bassoon to help the bottom line here at home.  We're heavily involved in local music, Cub Scouts and community service.  Otherwise, I read as much as I can, watch TV & movies, play music, make reeds, bake, and cook.  I clean as little as possible.  :smileyhappy:

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Contributor
angelscrest
0 Kudos

I regret that many have watered down Freedom of Speech to mean liscense for vulgarity. We are free to elevate ourselves through sharing lofty, rational ideas, and instead people are using it as a facilitator in the race for the bottom