Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Re: Show off your My B&N profile!

I am new to this.  The more I look around the more I find.

I have as much in my profile and I can think of at the moment.  I still need to add DVDs but as I remember what my favorites are I will add them. 

Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

LOL....I have nothing to say to this actually :smileywink:

Everyman wrote:

"You always hurt the ones you love."

fforgnayr wrote:

LOL

Nicer to you? What about the horrible, mean, nasty, sarcastic, Oscar Wildish, horrendous, disgusting, evil, under-handed, deplorable, viscious, slanderish, and just down right not nice things you say to me. :smileywink:

Everyman wrote:

fforgnayr wrote: 

I normally have to cry myself to sleep everynight because of all the mean things said throughout my day

So, if you were nicer to me here you could sleep better.  :smileywink:

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Contributor
angelscrest
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Posted by Everyman on 12-14-08:

"People hardly ever make use of the freedom that they do have, like freedom of thought. Instead, they demand freedom of speech as compensation. Soren Kierkegaard."

If you don't care for freedom of speech, Everyman, there are many third world countries that I can recommend to you!

:smileywink:

Message Edited by angelscrest on 12-15-2008 02:27 PM
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

If you had been following my posts here for the last few years, you would know that I am one of the most passionate defenders of free speech.  But I prefer free speech that doesn't come at the expense of thought!  :smileywink: 

angelscrest wrote:

Posted by Everyman on 12-14-08:

"People hardly ever make use of the freedom that they do have, like freedom of thought. Instead, they demand freedom of speech as compensation. Soren Kierkegaard."

If you don't care for freedom of speech, Everyman, there are many third world countries that I can recommend to you!

:smileywink:

Message Edited by angelscrest on 12-15-2008 02:27 PM

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

In response to Everyman's reply:

That's too bad. I would have liked the opportunity to view your profile. Only because I find you interestingly intimidating somehow. I do not know if this makes any sense at all, but your personality seems to sway a lot in each of your posts. I am a little befuddled by you. I thought that maybe your profile would shed some light.

Are you to good to create a profile? :smileywink:

Message Edited by janalee40 on 12-16-2008 01:16 PM
Frequent Contributor
janalee40
0 Kudos

I was wondering if someone could help me.

When I first started replying to a post, my reply would contain the original posters wording within my reply. Now when I reply to a post this does not happen. Does anyone know how I can remedy this?

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Hi janalee,

You need to hit the "Quote Post" button.  It's located to the left of the "Check Spelling" and "Preview Post" buttons.  That will put the text of the post you are replying to in the editor, with lines on either side.

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Or maybe too bad??  :smileysad:

0 Kudos

Click the "Quote Post" icon above the reply box.

Make a decision whether to a) click the quote post first to put the post at the top of your reply and then type your under it (gets very hard to find your reply if the post you're replying to is lengthy),  b) type your reply first and then click the Quote Post icon to put the original post under yours, or c) cut and paste from the original post only those parts relevant to yoru reply. 

janalee40 wrote:

I was wondering if someone could help me.

When I first started replying to a post, my reply would contain the original posters wording within my reply. Now when I reply to a post this does not happen. Does anyone know how I can remedy this?

0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:

Or maybe too bad??  :smileysad:

I would like to see Everyman's profile, too!  Maybe if we keep teasing and harassing him... :smileytongue:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia