Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Re: Show off your My B&N profile!

Your avatar selection of nice options men is really quite limited.  There are several nice avatars of women reading, but only one of a man reading and he is a total dork with goggles.  Yuck!  Why can't we have a nice older man looking absorbed in a good book? 

Most of the male avatars are really quite gruesome.  Are these really the way you want B&N readers to see themselves?????

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Everyman wrote:

Your avatar selection of nice options men is really quite limited.  There are several nice avatars of women reading, but only one of a man reading and he is a total dork with goggles.  Yuck!  Why can't we have a nice older man looking absorbed in a good book? 

Most of the male avatars are really quite gruesome.  Are these really the way you want B&N readers to see themselves?????

That "total dork" you are referring to is the avatar used by our very own Maria!  

In any case if you find the male avatars too gruesome but think the female ones are nice, you are more than welcome to use a female avatar.  

We'll have some more avatars in the future - but I can't say at this point what they'll look like or when we'll get them.

Also, what's wrong with this guy?  He seems pretty nice:

Nice Old Man 

Message Edited by Jon_B on 11-03-2008 01:14 PM

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

I did a profile a while ago; hadn't seen this thread until now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

I think your my first fellow Genesis fan on B&N!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Contributor
T-RadSR
0 Kudos

I continue to refine  my profile on the new "My B&N". I am hoping there will be a place to list audiobooks separate from music or favorites lists.
Contributor
T-RadSR
0 Kudos

It still seems so many of the profiles are set to "private".
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Jon_B wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

I think your my first fellow Genesis fan on B&N!

:smileyvery-happy:  I saw them live on their reunion tour last year, too!!!  That's the third time I've seen them live.  Unfortunately, I never saw them with Peter Gabriel - that must have been amazing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

T-RadSR wrote:
It still seems so many of the profiles are set to "private".

Yeah - what are they afraid of?  That we might find out what their favorite books are? :smileysurprised:
Contributor
irena
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. I was also trying to figure out how to see other people's profiles..
New User
Stormy_Adams
0 Kudos

Hi

I just found this page, before I could not figure out how people find other users.  I

am still so confused about how to put other people's avatar pictures on my page.  I do just what it says-click on their name and click 'add to favorites'--except that comes up with adding the site to my favorites list. 

Anyone know how to navigate this?  Are there other places besides the message boards to find other avatars pages etc?  I am lost, and frankly it seems to require lots of time to find my way again--If anyone can help--I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Storrmy