Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Show off your My B&N profile!

I think E-Man's avatar is just fine.  It fits his AGE and wisdom :smileywink:

dulcinea3 wrote:

debbook wrote:
Yes this guy doesn't look argumentative, opinionated, I mean the kind of man that likes to have in-depth discussions

kiakar wrote:

Everyman wrote:

Also, what's wrong with this guy?  He seems pretty nice:

Nice Old Man

He's OLD.  And he looks sort of mean to me.  No thanks! 

But, E-man, I think this man looks kind and gentle , certainly not the way I picture you!  :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by debbook on 11-10-2008 05:13 PM

:smileyvery-happy:

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

The only thing I don't like so far is that you can't add books, movies, cds to your library unless B&N currently sells them.  Plus why do so many people have theirs set to private.  I want to be nosy and see what everyone else is reading.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

fforgnayr wrote:

The only thing I don't like so far is that you can't add books, movies, cds to your library unless B&N currently sells them.  Plus why do so many people have theirs set to private.  I want to be nosy and see what everyone else is reading.

A lot of them are private because that's te default.  Other than that, I'm not sure what the motivation is for keeping it private - I mean its lists of your favorite books and albums, what is there to hide?

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Hmmm.....maybe a secret obssesion for boy bands?  Of course it could be something else like a admiration of Choose Your Own Adventure Books. :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
lilacbouquet
0 Kudos

fforgnayr wrote:
Hmmm.....maybe a secret obssesion for boy bands?  Of course it could be something else like a admiration of Choose Your Own Adventure Books. :smileywink:

Hey now... I used to love Choose Your Own Adventures. :smileytongue:

- Emily
"The test of literature is, I suppose, whether we ourselves live more intensely for the reading of it." - Elizabeth Drew
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Ok, I'm coming out of the closet.....I did too. I'm ashamed to admit it but it is the first step to getting help.

Even worse...(gasp) I have *NYSNC's Christmas album.  I'm not sure I can handle the embarassment if anyone has stumbled upon that secret while perusing my profile page.  So I figured I better fess up first. :smileywink:

lilacbouquet wrote:

fforgnayr wrote:

Frequent Contributor
lilacbouquet
0 Kudos

Haha, well that's forgivable... I have Clay Aiken's Christmas album, so it's all good. :smileyvery-happy:
Man... I gotta say, though, I was totally into NSYNC back in the day!

fforgnayr wrote:

Ok, I'm coming out of the closet.....I did too. I'm ashamed to admit it but it is the first step to getting help.

Even worse...(gasp) I have *NYSNC's Christmas album. I'm not sure I can handle the embarassment if anyone has stumbled upon that secret while perusing my profile page. So I figured I better fess up first. :smileywink:

lilacbouquet wrote:

fforgnayr wrote:
Hmmm.....maybe a secret obssesion for boy bands? Of course it could be something else like a admiration of Choose Your Own Adventure Books. :smileywink:

- Emily
"The test of literature is, I suppose, whether we ourselves live more intensely for the reading of it." - Elizabeth Drew
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

fforgnayr wrote:

Ok, I'm coming out of the closet.....I did too. I'm ashamed to admit it but it is the first step to getting help.

Even worse...(gasp) I have *NYSNC's Christmas album.  I'm not sure I can handle the embarassment if anyone has stumbled upon that secret while perusing my profile page.  So I figured I better fess up first. :smileywink:

lilacbouquet wrote:

fforgnayr wrote:

Well I can't say I was ever into NSYNC...  but I do have Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveSounds and I'm not ashamed to say that I like it, it's a great album!  

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

But do you have RuPaul's Christmas album sitting next to Michael Crawford's?  If you really feel like humiliation have one of your friends going through your cds and find the RuPaul one, you will never live it down :smileyvery-happy:

lilacbouquet wrote:
Haha, well that's forgivable... I have Clay Aiken's Christmas album, so it's all good. :smileyvery-happy:
Man... I gotta say, though, I was totally into NSYNC back in the day!

fforgnayr wrote:

Ok, I'm coming out of the closet.....I did too. I'm ashamed to admit it but it is the first step to getting help.

Even worse...(gasp) I have *NYSNC's Christmas album. I'm not sure I can handle the embarassment if anyone has stumbled upon that secret while perusing my profile page. So I figured I better fess up first. :smileywink:

lilacbouquet wrote:

fforgnayr wrote:
Hmmm.....maybe a secret obssesion for boy bands? Of course it could be something else like a admiration of Choose Your Own Adventure Books. :smileywink:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what the motivation is for keeping it private - I mean its lists of your favorite books and albums, what is there to hide?

Maybe somebody doesn't want people to know that one of their favorite groups is the Mills Brothers?

Of course, only a few people here have ever heard of the Mills Brothers.