Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Re: Ordering Issues

Try Mozilla Firefox.

Psychee wrote:

Today I've had many problems with the pages not loading at all.  The top header loads normally but the rest is blank.  I get the "Waiting for http:...." note on the left bottom of my browser and then wait forever.  I can't refresh or reload the page, nor click on anything on the page, so I have to use my favorites link to the HP board to get the system to pay attention to me again.

I'm thinking that whatever you thought you fixed in the way of sign-in problems may have had other repercussions on the loading front. 

Using the IE browser, if that helps!

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

I have Firefox, TWJ, but I didnt use it today.  My post was only intended to alert the developers that a new problem has arisen since yesterday -- I thought they needed to know.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Oh, sorry. I hope they get all the quirks ironed out soon. It is a work in progress, that's for sure.

Psychee wrote:

I have Firefox, TWJ, but I didnt use it today.  My post was only intended to alert the developers that a new problem has arisen since yesterday -- I thought they needed to know.

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Today I cannot edit my posts and smileys are not registering.  Yet another annoyance:smileysad:

Inspired Contributor
Choisya

Re: System overload?

[ Edited ]

The more I encounter problems on this site (daily!), the more I become convinced that it is overloaded, that there is far too much attempted here to ever work efficiently.  Its memory is full to bursting, its hard drive is overloaded or whatever the technical term for such things is.  Removing some of the fripperies might be like removing a brain tumour and may restore the poor thing to some semblance of health!

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Hi Choisya,

Can you tell me what post you tried to edit, what happened when you tried, and how long after posting it you tried to edit it? 

I see a smiley in the post you just made... you don't see it?

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I have had trouble viewing orders on BN.com.

I receive the following message.

"! Your login has timed out! Please sign in again to access your account."

I sign in again and select View to see my orders and get the message above again.

It is a circle I can't get out of. Sometimes on my laptop, I am allowed to view my orders.

I can get into the book clubs.

Is there some secret work around for this.

I have called and asked for help(when changes first implemented), the changes were blamed, so I haven't called back.

I like to be able to do it myself online. Any ideas appreciated.

pen21

Hi pen21,

The Book Clubs, and the software that the Book Clubs use, has nothing to do with ordering books on the site or viewing your orders.  As far as I know, the changes made on the Book Clubs can't affect the ordering process - the Book Clubs use different software that never touches the order path, and they are hosted on different servers.  I'm not aware of any changes that were made to viewing orders but I will look into it.  But I think your best bet is to call Customer Service, as the problem you are experiencing seems unrelated to the Book Clubs.   Also let me ask - are you clicking "Remember Me" when you sign in at BN.com?

Jon

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

No I don't see the smiley Jon nor the one in a post I entered in The Postmistress.  I don't remember which one I tried to edit in The Postmistress or how long ago as I have done quite a few posts this morning.  Have I disabled the smiley's in some way then?? They are working on another website I used this morning.  

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

I see both of them in IE, Choisya, if that helps at all, the (unsmiling) one above and the one you posted today in the Postmistress thread.  Perhaps it is the Chrome?

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Choisya -  when you look at where you put in the smilies - do you see nothing at all, or do you see their text equivilent? i.e. a colon and parenthesis in the case of a happy face, etc..