Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Kristie-LaCoine
0 Kudos

Similar Authors/books

Vive been reading books from the same author, Kristin Hannah, the last two weeks and I am almost done with the last book. She has written books like Firefly Lane, Mystic Lake and my last read The things we do for love. I am a big fan of her books because I enjoy reading about Love, Marriage and the fact that the books also talk about overcoming difficulties in relationships. I am looking for a similar author.Anyone recommend any books or authors?

KristiMarie
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Similar Authors/books

Wow, that's kind of tough.  Have you tried looking in the genre threads?  I think that might be called women's fiction or maybe even some of the romance books would fit.  I'll have to ponder this one because I don't read in this area a ton, but I know I've read some.

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

How about Jodi Picoult?

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Here are some authors that might fall into the genre:

• Jodi Picoult (agree with the previous poster--I like her stuff before The Tenth Circle though)
  • Lisa Tucker (Once Upon a Day)
  • Kristy Kiernan (Matters of Faith)
  • Emily Giffin
  • Debbie Macomber

I've only read one of Macomber's, Tucker's, Kiernan, and Giffin's though so I can't attest to their works as a whole.

• I saw that Kristin Hannah wrote a recommendation for "Saving Cee Honeycutt" by Beth Hoffman--I haven't read it but have heard good things.

Perhaps these might work too (they seem to be popular with readers but haven't read any--just ones some people I know are reading and like)

• Alice Hoffman
  • Elizabeth Berg
  • Deanne Gist
Contributor
Booknook200TG
0 Kudos

Hello! Some others you might want to try too would be Sherryl Woods, Nicholas Sparks, and the Debbie Macomber recommendation is a good one too! Enjoy!

Reader
Kristie-LaCoine
0 Kudos

Thank you evryone. I have read sparks and Giffin is my favorite. Im going to check out some of the others today

KristiMarie