Wordsmith
TnTexas
0 Kudos

Re: Sony 13.3" e-Reader Begins Trials

orb9220: And I will Not Carry a Purse! :-)

But a "man-purse" is so in style right now. Don't you want to be stylish?

http://qz.com/133668/dont-laugh-at-the-man-purse-its-now-a-9-billion-luxury-business/#133668/dont-la...

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

If a man needs something that big to carry his stuff in, he better be carrying a hockey bag with his equipment.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

If you want to pull off a murse you need to have moobs.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,855
0 Kudos

I carry a messenger bag with me pretty much everywhere I go.

Sorry not all of us fit into your narrow 19th century definition of "manliness".

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I've never quite understood why so many men seem to be terrified about the ide of carrying some sort of bag.  While I am a minimalist when it comes to "purse" (I prefer to call mine a "bag") and I also can't see why so much of women's clothing omits the highly useful pocket,I think that having some sort of bag in which to tote about Stuff like tablets oe e-readers is simply practical--regardless of one's gender.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

I've got a bag I carry my laptop in and I've got a bag I carry my lunch and book/eReader in. It's not that I'm opposed to a useful bag, but those things are as big as my suitcase.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well to be honest I'm a photographer.
So my Camera bag/Messenger Shoulder bag goes everywhere with me.

And the nook color slides in one of the pockets.

I use to not understand women's obsessions of finding the right bag.

But now been thru half-a-dozen different photo bags trying to find the right one for me over the years.
Seems I failed tho finding the right one to match my shoes! :smileytongue:

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Wordsmith
TnTexas
0 Kudos

flyingtoaster: I carry a messenger bag with me pretty much everywhere I go.

Sorry not all of us fit into your narrow 19th century definition of "manliness".

I've always felt a messenger bag was a good masculine alternative for a guy who needs/wants some kind of a bag but doesn't want to carry around something as formal as a briefcase. But the bags in those pictures? I wouldn't be caught dead with them - not even as a woman. I think they look hideous no matter which gender is carrying them.

bobstro
0 Kudos

I hope everybody actually looked at the linked page before getting upset about any murse references. They're pretty ridiculous.

I carried a "euro" bag back in the 80's. A Samsonite briefcase was the American standard at the time, but it was a pain on the bus. Of course, I used to carry a lot of books around back then.

I think most computer bags would qualify as a purse, no matter what manly ballistic nylon material it's made of. When you need wheels on your bag, regardless of gender, it's too damn big! I finally came to my senses and downsized to the point that I have a half-messenger bag that I can stuff my laptop, tablet and a few travel necessities into, and not a bloody thing more. My shoulders feel much better now.

Mercury_Glitch

Pocket solve everything. Until Summer heat hits and I can't wear a jacket anyway.
The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.