Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
TnTexas
0 Kudos

Re: Sony 13.3" e-Reader Begins Trials

orb9220: And I will Not Carry a Purse! :-)

But a "man-purse" is so in style right now. Don't you want to be stylish?

http://qz.com/133668/dont-laugh-at-the-man-purse-its-now-a-9-billion-luxury-business/#133668/dont-la...

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

If a man needs something that big to carry his stuff in, he better be carrying a hockey bag with his equipment.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

If you want to pull off a murse you need to have moobs.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,975
0 Kudos

I carry a messenger bag with me pretty much everywhere I go.

Sorry not all of us fit into your narrow 19th century definition of "manliness".

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I've never quite understood why so many men seem to be terrified about the ide of carrying some sort of bag.  While I am a minimalist when it comes to "purse" (I prefer to call mine a "bag") and I also can't see why so much of women's clothing omits the highly useful pocket,I think that having some sort of bag in which to tote about Stuff like tablets oe e-readers is simply practical--regardless of one's gender.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

I've got a bag I carry my laptop in and I've got a bag I carry my lunch and book/eReader in. It's not that I'm opposed to a useful bag, but those things are as big as my suitcase.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well to be honest I'm a photographer.
So my Camera bag/Messenger Shoulder bag goes everywhere with me.

And the nook color slides in one of the pockets.

I use to not understand women's obsessions of finding the right bag.

But now been thru half-a-dozen different photo bags trying to find the right one for me over the years.
Seems I failed tho finding the right one to match my shoes! :smileytongue:

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Wordsmith
TnTexas
0 Kudos

flyingtoaster: I carry a messenger bag with me pretty much everywhere I go.

Sorry not all of us fit into your narrow 19th century definition of "manliness".

I've always felt a messenger bag was a good masculine alternative for a guy who needs/wants some kind of a bag but doesn't want to carry around something as formal as a briefcase. But the bags in those pictures? I wouldn't be caught dead with them - not even as a woman. I think they look hideous no matter which gender is carrying them.

bobstro
0 Kudos

I hope everybody actually looked at the linked page before getting upset about any murse references. They're pretty ridiculous.

I carried a "euro" bag back in the 80's. A Samsonite briefcase was the American standard at the time, but it was a pain on the bus. Of course, I used to carry a lot of books around back then.

I think most computer bags would qualify as a purse, no matter what manly ballistic nylon material it's made of. When you need wheels on your bag, regardless of gender, it's too damn big! I finally came to my senses and downsized to the point that I have a half-messenger bag that I can stuff my laptop, tablet and a few travel necessities into, and not a bloody thing more. My shoulders feel much better now.

Mercury_Glitch

Pocket solve everything. Until Summer heat hits and I can't wear a jacket anyway.
The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.