Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

B&N Bookseller
Brad_W
0 Kudos

The Cant-Stop-Touching B&N Iphone App Is Amazing!

[ Edited ]

I am an Ipod Touch owner and have had one since they first came out.  The real purpose in getting it was to replace my PDA which I had lost a few years ago and subsequently almost had a nervous breakdown due to having to relearn how to find information I always had at my fingertips.  Since getting the Touch I had never upgraded the software and was unable to get the add-on apps.   Recently I finally broke down and purchased the software upgrade.  For me it was like opening a treasure chest in regards to the functionality and especially the add-on apps.  I been around and used PC's all of my life, but am not a gadget nut.  I want things that are truly useful in everyday life and this device is now amazing to me even more than it was before. 

I was really excited to test out the new BN App when I saw it pop up (I find myself spending many hours searching through the apps that are out there) even before any press releases.  This app is outstanding and takes full advantage of pretty much every book lover's needs.  Not only can you shop and get information on the largest selection of books ever, you can also easily locate your nearest store and reserve the book there along with satellite mapped driections with one touch of the address!  If you are an Iphone user you also get the added benefit of an automated store locater nearest to you based upon the GPS signal of your phone.  Then there is the cool feature with the Iphones to take a photo of the book and the app will automatically locate the book in the database. 

Oh and did I mention that the videos that you can see online are available in the app too and tied in with the internal video player.  No I didn't, and now I just did!  And with all of that you would think that you'd be paying for it, but it's FREE!  Just the price I love.  Download it if you haven't already and touch away.  For all those times that Mom told you "don't touch" when you went into a store . . . now you can touch away to an seemingly endless store of books. 

Just thought I'd share that.

Message Edited by bwest2 on 07-11-2009 01:49 PM
Message Edited by bwest2 on 07-11-2009 01:54 PM
With purpose and on purpose
Contributor
Bluedino_01
0 Kudos

Re: The Cant-Stop-Touching B&N Iphone App Is Amazing!

I love the B & N app aswell! I look through the site just to see what book I should read next, and I have came up with a list that I want to read. It's amazing but I feel like there is something missing. Not sure what though. BTW are you sure you have the itouch and not the iphone? Because there is no camera on the itouch?

B&N Bookseller
Brad_W
0 Kudos

Re: The Cant-Stop-Touching B&N Iphone App Is Amazing!

Bluedino_01 wrote:

I love the B & N app aswell! I look through the site just to see what book I should read next, and I have came up with a list that I want to read. It's amazing but I feel like there is something missing. Not sure what though. BTW are you sure you have the itouch and not the iphone? Because there is no camera on the itouch?

Yup.  I have the ITouch.  And you're right there is no camera.  I was just pointing out that functionality for IPhone owners. 

i know what you mean in terms of the "something missing".  I would say it would probably be the "bookmarking" of titles you would want to read as you are browsing through is what I would say.  That way you could easily recall the list. 

With purpose and on purpose