Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

This would be the same

He's just back to his old tricks.

bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: This would be the same

I'm sorry. Could you make that shorter? I have a hard time reading long articles.

patgolfneb

I haven't been responding to Deesy's critiques because recent experience shows them to be attempts to stir the pot, not really attempts at discussion. Unfortunately his obsessive attempts to win rather than honest discussion seem to frequently lead to closed threads. Note that this not a response to his points, he would dismiss my complaint as ad homenim(sp?) some of which have merit, such as why some parties might not be supportive. (Consider reviewers slanted response to past nook products and manufacturers, retailers, unhappiness with microsoft offering products competing with theirs, while still reliant on their puurchase of OS for other products the rationale.) Microsofts investment was reflective of nook perceived value at that time and has little relevence now. It would be apprececiated if Deesy would offer more on what his views are instead of his apparently self appointed role criitquing are offerings.
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument.  Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as an informal fallacy, more precisely an irrelevance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

bobstro

Those last two words sum it up for me.