Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

Trouble signing into B & N Community

Hi,

I need help, every time I try to sign in I have to enter my e-mail & password over 5 times before I'm able to log in.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Trouble signing into B & N Community

Ok sign in, is often shaky.

One of the best ways around this problem is to sign in to you account first and then go to book clubs. Sometimes you have to do this twice, but at least it would save you the extra sign ins.

Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

Thanks, I've already tried that & I still have to sign in more then 5x's.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Right ok then step by step let's break down what you're doing.

Which OS do you use?

Which browser?

Which page do you start to sign in from?

Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but what is OS?

I go to: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ and I either sign in by "My account" & when that does not work I go to "Book Clubs" select all discussions & then sign in.

Right now it was absolutely brutal trying to sign on, I kept getting a message "error on page". I would like to log on more often but don't because it's too frustrating & I just don't have the patiences.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

momofprecious1 wrote:

I'm sorry but what is OS?

I go to: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ and I either sign in by "My account" & when that does not work I go to "Book Clubs" select all discussions & then sign in.

Right now it was absolutely brutal trying to sign on, I kept getting a message "error on page". I would like to log on more often but don't because it's too frustrating & I just don't have the patiences.

Operating System - Windows or Mac (or?) and which version?

Your browser is: do you use Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or....?

Try using this one

Barnes & Noble Book Clubs - Barnes & Noble Book Clubs

It's the one I use and works 90% of the time.

Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

Windows XP

Explorer

I'm going to try using the link you gave me.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

I've used the link you mentioned & it took me 15 minutes to sign in again.....ugh!

I'm about to give up :smileysad:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ok have you tried using a differnet browser?

Firefox- 

http://www.getfirefox.net/

the one I use

Chrome-

http://www.google.com/chrome

also popular

Honestly Explorer sucks, and is draggy slow for me every time I've used it. Try one of the others, both are free.

Correspondent
meg820
0 Kudos

Have you always had problems signing in?

I wonder if it's the B&N website and has nothing to do with your browers, etc. Some days are really easy for me to seach the website and other days it's like pulling teeth. I don't think you're the only one who has issues signing in a bunch of times. I think I sign in to either the book clubs area or to purchase a book at least 3-5 times in a row. I think it's the website, not your computer.

Meghan

Well behaved women rarely make history.