Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Trouble signing into B & N Community

meg820 wrote:

Have you always had problems signing in?

I wonder if it's the B&N website and has nothing to do with your browers, etc. Some days are really easy for me to seach the website and other days it's like pulling teeth. I don't think you're the only one who has issues signing in a bunch of times. I think I sign in to either the book clubs area or to purchase a book at least 3-5 times in a row. I think it's the website, not your computer.

Meghan

All of us have problems signing in from time to time, sites fault. But since I haven't had a sign in issue in months and most of us haven't. And since most people with the more difficult sign in issues either use pre XP windows, dial up, or explorer.....

Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

Meghan,

Thanks for all your help!

I never had problems signing in until they made changes not too long ago. This is one reason why I'm not logging on as much as I used to. Some days I'm more patient with it but lately it's been brutal.

Tuscania

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

I've had problems signing in from time to time but that was before they made the changes.  I also had nothing but problems when I used explorer.  I'm on a Mac and I only use Firefox and have virtually no problems (knock on wood) with sign in.  When I was having the problems before it was always because I tried to sign into the  chatrooms before I had signed into B&N. Once I started signing into B&N and then signed into the B&N Community, I had little to no problems.  For me, it seemed to be the order of the sign-ins.  Maybe you could try this?  It worked for me.

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

For a long time when a lot of people were having problems, I didn't have much trouble, and the site almost always remembered me so I didn't have to log on.  But all that has changed!  Also, no matter where I am and what link I use to log in, it just brings me to my account, and then I'm still not signed in to the book clubs.

But I did finally find a way that seems reliable.  I open any thread and hit Reply.  At that point, a pop-up window comes up for me to sign in.  That method of signing in works for me.  I've shared this a few times, and I guess it helped Ryan a lot, too.  Unfortunately, it still usually doesn't remember me when I come back, even though I check the box to do so; it's very hit-or-miss in that regard.  But signing on, while a bit of a pain, works for me this way and I only have to sign in once per session.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia