Reader
Hawkeye1

WE CAN NO LONGER EDIT A BOOK REVIEW...WHY?

I posted a book review on B&N and saw that all my apostrophes came through as upside-down question marks. When I tried to edit the review I found I could not. When I contacted B&N this is the email I got:

To revise the content of any review you have posted on our website,
please follow the steps below:

-Click on the My B&N tab at the top of our webpage and sign on to your
account.
-Scroll down and access My B&N on the left.
-When you open your My B&N profile page, scroll down until My Reviews &
Ratings appears on the lower right side.
-Click on the headline of the review you wish to revise.
-The text of the review will appear in a gray box.
-Click the ?Edit? button in the upper right corner of this box.  The
editing window will open and the text of the review will appear inside.
-Make the desired changes and click on Save My Changes.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Anita
Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble
http://www.bn.com/

PROLEM IS....THERE IS NO "EDIT" BUTTON. ALSO NOTICE THE QUESTION MARKS IN PLACE OF QUOTATION MARKS...SAME THING HAPPENED WHITH MY APOSTROPHE MARKS IN MY REVIEW ON THEIR WEB PAGE.

Distinguished Wordsmith
PeterDe

Re: WE CAN NO LONGER EDIT A BOOK REVIEW...WHY?

The edit button is only available for a short time (not sure how long, a few hours I think). Its been like that for as long as I have been here, about 2 years.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees!

4 Nook Household, 2 NOOKs, 2 NOOKcolors
New User
sweetchild527

I've got the same problem =(

I did everything they said and there is no "edit" button on the top right of the gray box. My review has only been there for a few min so I'm not sure, but there seemed to have never been an edit button.

It was a great review with no foul language so I'm not sure why it was rejected in the first place. While the only other review I ever posted was 1 star and had the word "money" in it (which I heard was a no no word here on B&N) and they submitted it.

I guess I'll be sticking to GoodReads and Shelfari =)

Can't say I didn't try to give this a shot.

Frequent Contributor
Mackie77
0 Kudos

I just posted a few minutes ago, and I couldn't find the gray box or edit either. It's frustrating as I found an error in my review. Also you can't really effectively read what you type because the text comes out in one long stream, and you can't preview your review.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

The best solution is to write your review in a text editor, proof it there, then paste it into the B&N review form.
New User
Chava-LeBarton
0 Kudos

When I find my review per your instructions, there is NOT and EDIT button where you said. Please help!

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Chava, you'll have to contact one of the board admins, like BN_AlexG, to get your review deleted and then you can write it again. Editing of reviews has been broken for several years.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

sweetchild527 wrote:

I've got the same problem =(

I did everything they said and there is no "edit" button on the top right of the gray box. My review has only been there for a few min so I'm not sure, but there seemed to have never been an edit button.

It was a great review with no foul language so I'm not sure why it was rejected in the first place. While the only other review I ever posted was 1 star and had the word "money" in it (which I heard was a no no word here on B&N) and they submitted it.

I guess I'll be sticking to GoodReads and Shelfari =)

Can't say I didn't try to give this a shot.

I'm with you.  I hate being such a traitor, but these kinds of review problems have driven me to post all my reviews with our arch-enemy, Amazon!  [Insert booing here.]

Also, as someone else mentioned, compose and edit -- especially spelling and usage -- your review first using your word processing software, then copy and paste it to your website of choice.

Jeff