Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Re: WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR?

Gosh, I read so many different types of books it's really hard to say. Five or six years ago I would have told you Jodi Picoult but have kind of fallen out of like with her books lately.

However, I've found that I've been enjoying some of Gail Tsukiyama's books lately so she definitely could be a contender for favorite.

Samurai's Garden 

Dreaming Water  

Women of the Silk  

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

Gosh, I read so many different types of books it's really hard to say. Five or six years ago I would have told you Jodi Picoult but have kind of fallen out of like with her books lately.

However, I've found that I've been enjoying some of Gail Tsukiyama's books lately so she definitely could be a contender for favorite.

Samurai's Garden 

Dreaming Water  

Women of the Silk  

vt cozy wrote."Women of the Silk" my only book that I have read by the Author,..Its true that you are taken back to Rural China,and all the Women,and Families had to face  during that time period..very moving..Great details..Thanks for posting Her Books

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
New User
Wassie
0 Kudos

Without a doubt my favorite author, hands down is Diana Gabaldon.

To me, she is the finest storyteller and her Outlander Series can not be topped.

I have recommended her to many friends and acquaintances both male and female and I will continue to spread the word.

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

Samurai's Garden 

Dreaming Water  

Women of the Silk  

Samurai's Garden was the first of hers I'd read. At first I really couldn't get into it but found it to be a wonderful, peaceful story of tradition, honor, respect, and love. And I decided I had to have all of Tsukiyama's books (haven't read all of them though. I'm trying to savor them).

B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

Fiction

Jane Austen

Robert B. Parker

Eric Garcia

Michael Chabon

Non-fiction

David McCullough

Juvie/Teen

J.K. Rowling

Jerry Spinelli

Andrew Clements

Kate DiCamillo

Contributor
Kratz
0 Kudos

I have several:

John Grisham

Tom Clancy

Arthur Conan Doyle

John Steinbeck

Dean Koontz

New User
Trinity57
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am a huge fan of Emily Griffin and Robin Wasserman. They is extremely impressive. I liked the concept of Stephanie Meyer's books and I did enjoy reading them, but I think If someone like Robin Wasserman had written them, I personally would have been far more impressed. I don't want to put her down, I just think that she reiterated details and situations far more than she needed to. I am reading the Politician by Andrew Young, and for someone that has never written a book before he is doing a great job! Eric Hanley's first book, Inside Delta Force is really good as well for a first time writer. Dean Koontz is a great writer and so is Simone Elkeles. Simone Elkeles has superb writing skills. She as well as Emily Griffin know how to detail but not over do it. It's almost as though a putting together pieces and when they are done you completely see the puzzle. It's amazing. I'm a fan of Claire Lazebnik. Her books are really fun, cute, and pretty funny. Nicolas Sparks is a good writer to me, and I especially like that he talks about North Carolina and the areas in which I grew up. It's pretty exciting to read that stuff. I also got the opportunity to go to the opening premiere on Fort Bragg when they came to do a special opening for military families. I am about to read Robert Crais, I have never read his work before but it should be interesting. It is called The First Rule .... So we will see :smileysurprised:) I always go to pick up James Patterson books and put them down, I don't know why but I do. Next time I will buy one ... If you all have any suggestions I am completely open!

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Some favorites:  Chris Bohjalian

Wally Lamb

Richard North Patterson

Paullina Simons

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom