Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
jeTX
0 Kudos

Re: Wanted: Authors to promote their B&N hosted ebooks

[ Edited ]

Hello Wizard,

My name is James Erwin. I recently had my first novel published. It is available in Nook and Kindle format as well as paperback. Below is the B&N link. Hope you find it interesting.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Black-Water/James-Erwin/e/9781609768560

New User
2cute
0 Kudos

The Legend of Dynamite George, The Mining Pack Rat by Carroll Bennett A Synopsis of a Western Folk Tale Jamie and Windy, two young newcomers to a Wyoming mining town, befriend a frisky pack rat with the intriguing name of “Dynamite George.” He becomes the focus of their lives when his antics and stealthy behavior get him in trouble with the uranium miners, a group of hardworking men with nicknames like “Mick,” “Sonny,” “Woody,” “Skinny Wren,” and “Traitor Jack," the federal mining inspector. A late night escapade starting in the miners' shower room finds Dynamite George following the scent of Luigi's meatball sandwich into the depth of the mine with the night shift workers. The outcome is a series of events neither Dynamite George nor the miners bargained for – a gripping tale with a curious pack rat as the unlikely hero. Through the adventures of a pack rat, Jamie and Windy take the reader into a world beneath the earth's surface and give them an understanding of mining and the people who work in the tunnels below. In this mining community, there are rumors that elf-like creatures (“Tommy Knockers”) are haunting the mine. When readers come up for air, they will have a better appreciation for those who work underground. Readers will develop a special love for that little furry creature who captured their hearts at the beginning of The Legend of Dynamite George – the Mining Pack Rat. This fast-paced, humorous book is enjoyable for all ages. The author, Carroll Bennett, has applied her photojournalist's skills to illustrate the pages with precious pictures she took of George, the real-life pack rat. Additional photographs depict the uranium mine where Bennett was inspired to write her story.
Contributor
Maranda_Russell
0 Kudos

Also, don't miss out on my other ebook, In Memory of Dad ,a sensitive story about the loss of a loved one geared for ages 7-14, only 99 cents a download!

Contributor
newfern
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

My short story is a somewhat unique erotica genre, in that the main characters are actually married and just getting to know each other (sexually) even though they've been married for years.

And Obey

I'm also interested in your additional articles concept. As part of my marketing setup, I've started a blog and of course I post heavily on ebook publishing, marketing, advice, questions, etc. Please let me know if any of my posts would make for decent articles on your site.

fernjardin.wordpress.com

Thank you,

Fern

Reader
Globocop
0 Kudos

Dear Wizard,

My history books have started moving on Kindle recently: 430 sales in July, 920 in August, and 1,371 in September. Two have been on Nook for about a month and the third should be up soon. Total Nook
sales? A whopping 2! As compared to 4,200 and counting on Kindle.

I have no blog. I cancelled by Facebook account because it confused me, had no idea what to do with it. Have never even seen what a tweet looks like. I.E., I’m not the best of promoters. Despite that, books are moving on Kindle. I can’t imagine that Nook readers are THAT different from Kindlers. So who knows? A little promo from a guy like yourself who knows how to do it might work wonders. Many thanks if you’re willing!

America’s Forgotten History, Part One:
Foundations

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/americas-forgotten-history-part-one-mark-david-ledbetter/1105607845?...

America’s Forgotten History, Part Two:
Rupture

(Up on Kindle, in preparation for Nook)

Globocop. How America Sold Its Soul and
Lost Its Way

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/globocop-mark-ledbetter/1006886876?ean=2940011495885&itm=1&usri=mark...

(PS, have no idea why Nook duplicates Globocop with two presentations in the Nook bookstore. Probably something I did. The duplication for Rupture I can explain. Lulu put up the first for me automatically way back when and priced it outrageously high. I put up the second version at an ebook friendly price recently, and have thereby gotten those 2 big sales!)

Mark David Ledbetter

Author
Zkullis
0 Kudos

Smite The Damned  

Review by paulgoatallen: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Unabashedly-Bookish-The-BN/Antediluvian-Light-Zack-Kullis-Deb... Review by Michelle Olson at Literal Addiction Paranormal Book Club: http://literaladdictionparanormalbookclub.blogspot.com/2011/09/archive-literal-addictions-review-of_... Zack...
Smite the Damned. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Smite-The-Damned/Zack-Kullis/e/2940012784445 The sequel, Realm Crossing, to be released soon.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

My name is Sheila McMartin; I've been a writer since I began to read, always with a story, words whirling through my head.  Few have seen my scribblings, but I'm hoping to change that with my maiden flight.  A collection of poerty, random bits and pieces I've done over the course of the last year.  Some are possessed of an odd poignant grace, others merely amuse, and some carry the sercets of a greater lore.  Such is Broken Bird.

Broken Bird  

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Darkkin wrote:

My name is Sheila McMartin; I've been a writer since I began to read, always with a story, words whirling through my head.  Few have seen my scribblings, but I'm hoping to change that with my maiden flight.  A collection of poerty, random bits and pieces I've done over the course of the last year.  Some are possessed of an odd poignant grace, others merely amuse, and some carry the sercets of a greater lore.  Such is Broken Bird.

Broken Bird  

Sheila, aka Darkkin, I wish you nothing but the best in your writing and publishing!

Kathy

New User
Jimiak
0 Kudos

Title of ebook: Unleashing God's Power: Maximize This Great Benefit of Christianity in Your Life

eBook is sold on BN

Sales Page link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/unleashing-gods-power-jimi-akanbi/1113846494?ean=2940045076692

All readers of this ebook have nothing but great reviews about it.