Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

Re: Wanting to get a Nook, but wondering if it's right for me, and how I'm going to raise the money

For me the decision between Nook and Kindle was a no brainer.

I have library cards in 3 different libraries in 2 states (yes legitimate).

Being able to download free books (pub and audio) to Nook is teriffic.

Nook Color Wallpapers
Contributor
Peekajinx
0 Kudos

Re: Wanting to get a Nook, but wondering if it's right for me, and how I'm going to raise the money

I did a lot of research before buying my Nook and I have to say that I really love it! I have a friend who got a Kindle and i compared the two and I still don't regret my decision. I absolutely love the touch screen, especially when I am at the gym and I can just swipe across the screen to turn pages instead of slowing down to push a button. I also like the selection of books and the fact that i can go into any B&N store and read books for free. I also get great coupons when in the store like a free pastry from Starbucks :] Another feature I like is that B&N offers free ebooks. I don't always have the money to buy a new book, so I love to hit up this section! The last feature I really enjoy is that it has expandable memory when the Kindle doesn't.

Inspired Contributor
PollyAnnaPH
0 Kudos

It's 50.00 cheaper now!! I've had mine since March and never leave home without it. I love it
Pam
The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Inspired Contributor
Fantolay
0 Kudos

It is worth noting that you can actually try the Kindle 2 in person in most Target stores.

Anyway, I am totally in agreement with your points. I felt that the Nook just looked more modern, while the Kindle looked almost antique with all of those buttons. The contrast between text and background on the Nook was also much better than the Kindle from my comparison.

The Nook is certainly buggier, because it isn' the Nook 2 yet. That was my one concern, but I am very impressed with the support that Barnes and Noble gives the Nook and the updates we have had so far.