Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
MTMcGuire
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Community Room!

Hello there

I'm new here so I thought I'd just pop in and say hello. I'm a British stay at home mum, er hem, sorry Domestic Engineer, with a 3 year old boy a huge hairy cat and a lovely husband, too. I like reading (and writing) books as well as painting, music, gardening and a whole load of other stuff.

So there we are anyway.

Hello.

Cheers

MTM

Contributor
virgil7
0 Kudos

Should I be worried if I'm replying to myself? :-)

Anyway, I had to put the book on hold for the holidays, but am trying to get back to it now, and figure out what I'm doing here.

I have Word 2010, and a manuscript.  Do I type in the manuscript and hope for the best when I try to upload it to Barnes & Noble?

This requires concentration.  Bear with me here.  I'm not even sure if anybody responded to my last post.

Oh well.  Plenty of memory in the Cloud these days.   Any help converting a Word 2010 document to the epub format will be appreciated.  Happy New Year!

New User
JustinStanisic
0 Kudos

Reader and writer from Harrisburg, PA signing in here to say Happy New Year and Hello.

So . . .

Happy New Year.

And Hello.

:smileyhappy:

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Contributor
Cycosfireball
0 Kudos

First of all, I wanna say Hi, I'm pretty new to these forums. Just received my Nook Tablet a few days, ago and so far I truly love it.

Now to my rant :smileytongue: lol

Book Reviews:

Is B&N serious? I have never in my life seen such utter spam, trash and nonsense, when reading reviews on Books, are these not made to help other customers decide on a Book? So far in the B&N store all I have seen is what looks like 5 Year olds Spamming for fun. Anonumously posting their names over and over etc, giving 5 stars. Please do us all a favour and get rid of the Anonumous review option ! PLEASE. 

New User
Shay-Juree
0 Kudos

Hello all! I am new to the B&N club =) just looking for people to share books with...I'm in Love with Fiction and some mysteries. Looooooved 50 Shades of Grey and the Hunger Games Trilogy. Like Jodi Picoult. Now I'm into the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day; just to give you a feel of what I'm interested in. Always open to suggestions!! Hoping to make a lot of B&N friends =) 

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

This message has been moved for Violation of Community Guidelines. - Spam/Solicitation

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

More attempted spam links, from someone who can't even figure out how to post a link.
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

And also someone who can't tell a joke.

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

I didn't know where else I should post this concern. I am having problems posting to the discussion boards and ever since I noticed my difficulties, I've noticed a precipitous drop in the participation in my favorite groups.

There has been for some time a problem with posting following an "Add Product" which could be solved by clicking on "HTML" view and then switching back to Rich Text. Now that there is no HTML view, there's no way to clean up the post to continue to write after "Add Product."

B&N, have you abandoned these boards completely? You don't even have a link to them on your website anylonger. If someone weren't subscribed, they would never find them, let alone this latest issue.

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI