Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Community Room!

VickiMasterMind wrote:

I didn't know this community room was here.  I am so excited.  I am fairly new and am excited to hear about more and more books!

welcome vickie. :smileyhappy:

New User
RSGompertz
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm the author of "No Roads Lead to Rome," a humorous saga of history and hubris set in Spain in 123 AD. There's no time like the past to understand the present and no history degree needed to enjoy my book.

Both print and electronic versions of my opus are available through B&N.

I'm glad to be here or, as my grandfather used to say, "glad to be anywhere!"

RSG

No Roads Lead To Rome

Author of "No Roads Lead to Rome"
A-I
New User
A-I
0 Kudos

I really love my nook but what happend to the price of e books. I can download a new realise ' The Bells " for $9.99 in my kindle app for my i phone as opposed to the B&N $14.99 for my nook, what's up with that..The hard cover only $3.00 more on B&N. Perhaps we are just a little greedy..

New User
Hernandez35
0 Kudos

I NEED NOOK HELP!!!!

Hi, my family and I just got the NOOK, and we cant seem to find any connections to Wi Fi in our area, how can we connect to WiFi with our NOOK without knowing the passwords to WiFi connections around us?

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: I NEED NOOK HELP!!!!

Hernandez35 wrote:

Hi, my family and I just got the NOOK, and we cant seem to find any connections to Wi Fi in our area, how can we connect to WiFi with our NOOK without knowing the passwords to WiFi connections around us?

Ask this in this section

There are no unread messages in this board

NOOK Q&A and Support

Contributor
Caleb_Anderson
0 Kudos

NOOK OR KINDLE? IT'S THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!

Hey!!  I am sooo close to getting a Nook for Christmas. Can anyone give me some crucial info that the Kindle doesn't have?? Which one has a better battery life? Which eInk screen refreshes faster? What if my Nook's eInk screen malfunctions? What if it gets ruined? Dropped? Soaked? ( hopefully that never happens :smileyhappy: ) What is the Nook protection plan? What does it protect? Whats the fine print? And what eReader is the best? My question, you guys have the answer. And i would like to have those answers :smileyhappy:

Caleb Anderson

Contributor
Caleb_Anderson
0 Kudos

Re: I NEED NOOK HELP!!!!

Just to let you know, this link is an administrators link, and I can not access it. does anyone have the right link??

Contributor
DesperateLands
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Community Room

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, my name is Regulo Zapata Jr, recent book author of Desperate Lands: The War on Terror Through The Eyes of a Specal Forces Soldier!

I am U.S. Army (Retired) joined Special Forces in 1974. Since then I have traveled and participated in numerous operations in several countries.

I was a Special Forces Operations Sergeant with twenty-eight years of service with the U.S. Army.

I served as an enlisted soldier in the United States Army Special Operations Forces with the 2nd Battalion, 75th Rangers Airborne, 5th Special Forces Group, and 19th Special Forces Group while on active duty.

I graduated from the United States Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center School, Army Special Forces Operations and Intelligence Course, United States Army Ranger School and many other (Secret) Special Forces Courses available to a Green Beret, Army Special Forces enlisted soldier.

I enjoy reading other books on non-fiction or fiction, action, adventure, horror, suspense, drama etc... If you know of a good book to read...please let me know!

I'm recently working on another book release coming soon!

Please post a message on my "Wall" when you get a chance. I look forward to talking to everyone!

I now live in Gilroy, California, USA.

Thanks...
Reggie

Desperate Lands-Front Book Cover

Author - Regulo Zapata Jr.
Contributor
ShayneParkinson
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I'm Shayne Parkinson. I live in New Zealand and write historical fiction set here, starting in the 1880s. I'm fascinated by social history, particularly that of my own country.

I live in a state of barely-controlled chaos; fortunately I share my life with an invariably calm and endlessly optimistic husband. I divide my time between an apartment in the city, in reach of good espresso, and a few acres in the country, where the rank grass in the orchard is kept under control by a small mob of sheep (and where we have our own espresso machine).

When I'm not writing, reading, or engaged in mundane activities, I play the piano rather badly.

My favourite authors include Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis, but just to be completely different I'm currently reading (and enjoying) the latest Terry Pratchett.

Sentence of Marriage: a tale of Victorian New Zealand. Free e-book.

Sentence of Marriage, A tale of Victorian New Zealand.
Contributor
DesperateLands
0 Kudos

Hi Shayne Parkinson,

Welcome to the community!

Looking forward to talking to you again! I'd like to read your fiction stories soon!.

Reggie:smileyvery-happy:

Author - Regulo Zapata Jr.