Frequent Contributor
Mrbooks
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Community Room!

Hello everyone.  My name is Mr. Books, and it's good to know there is a community room filled with good people.  :smileyhappy:
Get me a book and ship em' to me :smileyhappy:
New User
Hambone5
0 Kudos

hello all,

I am Glenn (everyone calls me G) im new to all of this but i hope that it will fun to do this!!

New User
A_Book_Nerd
0 Kudos

Re: I need some help.

YAY! Oh thank you thank you, Jon_B! :smileyvery-happy:
"Be positive and spread it around. It's contagious and makes others happy. It also gives others encouragement." By Reviewer11.
New User
intern1989
0 Kudos

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that New York Times and USA Today Best-Selling Author L.A. Banks is coming out with a new book!! Undead on Arrival (The next book in her crimson moon series) is being released March 31, 2009! And to all the Vampire Huntress Legends fans, don't worry. L.A. Banks will be release the next book in the series this summer! The Vampire Huntress Legends: Dawn and Darkness comes out September 1, 2009. For more information on L.A. Banks, check out my blog! http://intern1989.wordpress.com/
New User
luvie1
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to invite you to check out this new book club forum http://www.bookreadertimes.proboards.com/index.cgi This forum belongs to a book club by the name of Book Reader Times. They have really cool  giveaways everymonth. I joined them a couple months ago and i really like it. www.bookreadertimes.com

Luvie 

New User
Lippysshadow
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me how to find the Life Improvement section? I have looked everywhere and can not find it.

Thanks,

Linda

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Hi Lippysshadow,

Is this what you are looking for?  http://browse.barnesandnoble.com/browse/nav.asp?visgrp=nonfiction&bncatid=914196

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
New User
Lippysshadow
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Yes, this is it. Thank you very much.

Linda

New User
QueZen
0 Kudos

Hello all in Community Room;

I was looking at some old posts on 'Acelectic Tarot', and someone mentioned 'if you want to know more about this subject then join BNU.

Well I was curious so I linked to BNU and got directed here.

I already have a B&N card, so I decided to join the Community Room.

I was enchanted by some of the posts, especially by New England cat lovers who love to read. No, I am not from New England (Texas), but believe it or not,the writting style of these lovely 'readers' took me back to my childhood, when education was actually valued, and the love of reading was a big part of the home life of an educated family, yes, even in Texas!

One question; one of the old posts refered to the 'old' BNU, and how they missed it. What was the 'old' BNU, and is there a 'new' BNU that replaces it?

Thanks; 

QueZen

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

QueZen wrote:

Hello all in Community Room;

I was looking at some old posts on 'Acelectic Tarot', and someone mentioned 'if you want to know more about this subject then join BNU.

Well I was curious so I linked to BNU and got directed here.

I already have a B&N card, so I decided to join the Community Room.

I was enchanted by some of the posts, especially by New England cat lovers who love to read. No, I am not from New England (Texas), but believe it or not,the writting style of these lovely 'readers' took me back to my childhood, when education was actually valued, and the love of reading was a big part of the home life of an educated family, yes, even in Texas!

One question; one of the old posts refered to the 'old' BNU, and how they missed it. What was the 'old' BNU, and is there a 'new' BNU that replaces it?

Thanks; 

QueZen

I love the Aeclectic Tarot site!  I probably was the opposite of you - it was probably at BNU that I heard about Aeclectic Tarot.

BNU was the "Barnes & Noble University".  It consisted of various reading groups and "classes".  Most were free; I think there might have been some that were not and possibly counted towards real credits.  You checked out what was coming up the next month and signed up for whatever you were interested in.  Of course, the hope was that you would buy the book(s) from B&N.  Then there would be an expert to moderate the "class".  I took the Learning the Tarot class three times, and also a scrapbooking class three times.  There was always more to learn, sometimes from the other "students" as well.  I also took a fun one on Hitchcock's movies, and one on Christmas literature.  Then, there were reading groups that were very similar to what we have now.  The main difference is that you had to sign up for that group in order to have access to its message board.

BNU was discontinued. :smileysad:  These book clubs replaced it, but you no longer have to sign up, and the groups that were more like classes are no more.  At first, I found the book clubs to be a bit disappointing, but after a break I came back, and they were more organized, so I've stuck around.  I still really miss the BNU variety of different topics, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia