Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Community Room!

Good Morning Jon,

I'm not sure if you're the person I should direct this to, but it's a start.

Recently some changes were made to the look of the Book Club pages. The background has been made considerably lighter and it's much harder to read. My poor eyes are worn out from all the reading I do & the bright background combined with smaller print has made it difficult to read the Book Club entries. If there's any way to darken it just a smidgen, it would be great.

Thanks for your time.

cork_dork_mom
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

cork_dork_mom wrote:

Good Morning Jon,

I'm not sure if you're the person I should direct this to, but it's a start.

Recently some changes were made to the look of the Book Club pages. The background has been made considerably lighter and it's much harder to read. My poor eyes are worn out from all the reading I do & the bright background combined with smaller print has made it difficult to read the Book Club entries. If there's any way to darken it just a smidgen, it would be great.

Thanks for your time.

cork_dork_mom  -- hopefully darker print, at least is coming.  Take a look at the "A new design idea-what do you think?" thread on this board for a peek at what is being considered. 

The thread "Maintenance" is also where a lot of us dump the concerns such as the one you express.  If it happens again, as it did just now, and at least twice yesterday, that I have to sign in to post, even though I am clearly signed in according to the top of the page, I'll be over there!

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
PollySchoen
0 Kudos

Hi Jon --

Was wondering if our book club which has been meeting for about 5 years could create our own "group" so we could post all the books we have read, let people write reviews, and have a way to post upcoming books, calendar of meetings, etc.?

By the way, I found the "My B&N" page that I could do this for myself, but we wanted a collective place where each person could be a member of our own, private group, and we could all access and add to it.

Any ideas would be helpful.  Thanks -- Polly

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Polly,

I think that's a good idea.  I'll confer with my colleagues about the best way to set that up, but I think it's something we should be doing more of in the future so I will get back to you once we've discussed the best way to do it.  Could you tell me the rough number of people that would be involved?

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Contributor
bruce33
0 Kudos

My name is Bruce and I am a graphicnovelist and new to the boards

New User
PollySchoen
0 Kudos

Jon --

Thanks for your reply -- I can't believe that I suggested something new for your website!  It seems like your My B&N site has so much (perhaps too much!) to offer.  

Anyway, our book club has about 8-10 members, with 6 previous members who sometimes inquire about what we are reading.  Of these previous members, a couple have moved away and are in other book clubs where they now live.  Perhaps there is a way to create "members" of one's own books club, but with the ability to be "friends" or "fans" of another book club to get ideas of what others are reading.

Let me know what other ideas/questions you have for me -- I love to give input, as you can see! ;-)

--Polly

Frequent Contributor
PetorThird
0 Kudos

Hello all.  My name is Peter and I'm new to the boards.  I've read some various items from book inquiries to book clubs.  I'm in the Grand Rapids, MI area and read a variety of genres, but if there are any book clubs of the sort, I'd be curious to check them out.  Thanks...nice to be here.

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Wasn't quite sure where to post my question...I was wondering how you go about finding out how well a book is selling.  I read  Under This Unbroken Sky  with B&N First Look and just loved it.  I was curious how it was doing as far as sales go.  I'm rooting for Ms. Mitchell to have a "hit" on her hands.

b

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Contributor
stopper19
0 Kudos

Hey all the people in this first look book club! I am also excited to meet all the people in this community room :smileyhappy:

Mrbooks wrote:
Hello everyone.  My name is Mr. Books, and it's good to know there is a community room filled with good people.  :smileyhappy:

New User
Sowcratees
0 Kudos

Not too many people stopping in these early threads at the moment so I feel free to see how all this works!.