Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Community Room

[ Edited ]

Happy Thanksgiving   sfrba.org

Thank you to so many for the words, ideas, messages, and, yes, complaints that you share in this community of ours.  It is a pleasure to meet you and know you via this media.

A blessed and happy Thanksgiving Day to you and yours.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
Captain58
0 Kudos

Re: I need some help.

:smileyhappy:just got a nook  a few weeks ago  and have my mother reading it already while im using nook for pc

also have borrowed books from public library such as Paul newman and churchill

Im still navigating around this site fairly gingerly

Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Community Room!

I have been off-line for a few months.  I previously was a regular participant in the First Look Book Club.  I now have time again to participate and am excited.  I have been checking regularly in the announcment thread but haven't seen anything.  Does anyone know if there will be a sign up in January?

Kathy

New User
stitchAZ
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!!

I just wanted to say hello I am new to this board. My name is christine and I love to read obviously lol :smileyhappy: well hope everyone has a good new years!!

Frequent Contributor
SamanthaEdmunde
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

Just got my nook for Christmas. Loving so far. I'm glad that I have a place like this to come to and talk about things that we have in common :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
LadyRahl
0 Kudos

I got my nook for my birthday back in October and it's become my new best friend.  With all the free ebooks to pick from I've already found several new authors that I enjoy reading without the risk of spending money.

Nook = best thing EVER!

Wordsmith
literature

For those of you that did the First Look, Paul Doiron's The Poacher's Son, the second book in the series is due to come out in June 2011.  It's called "Trespasser" and picks up eight months after the end of The Poacher's Son.  It will be interesting to see what Paul has in store for the game warden this go-round.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

literature wrote:

For those of you that did the First Look, Paul Doiron's The Poacher's Son, the second book in the series is due to come out in June 2011.  It's called "Trespasser" and picks up eight months after the end of The Poacher's Son.  It will be interesting to see what Paul has in store for the game warden this go-round.

Thank you literature, I saw that on Amazon..Very excited to see how Mike Bowditch is..Susan.

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

literature wrote:

Thank you literature, I saw that on Amazon..Very excited to see how Mike Bowditch is..Susan.

I keep checking the Announcement section for a new FL but haven't seen anything since Three Seconds.  I'm getting antsy.  Just finished The Man From Beijing.  Very good.  Keeping with the momentum of Stigs Larsson and Three Seconds.  Murder and mystery has never been my genre until I started reading Swedish authors.  Now I can't get enough!

Contributor
BookCore
0 Kudos

Newbie here!  I got a Nook for Xmas (I think the entire planet did, judging by how busy the website was) and am new to this community. However, I've been in online communities before, and I've been a hardcore reader ever since I can remember - so I'm not new to technology or reading.

I tend to favor mysteries and thrillers, and futuristic novels such as "The Handmaid's Tale" or "The Stand."  Favorite authors are Ruth Rendell, Stephen King, and Margaret Atwood.

Right now, I'm re-reading "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley for about the 12-hundredth time.  Also reading "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."