Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Community Room!

@Bookcore : " The girl with the dragon tattoo ", is it a good Read? Its a trilogoly right?
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

literature wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

literature wrote:

For those of you that did the First Look, Paul Doiron's The Poacher's Son, the second book in the series is due to come out in June 2011.  It's called "Trespasser" and picks up eight months after the end of The Poacher's Son.  It will be interesting to see what Paul has in store for the game warden this go-round.

Thank you literature, I saw that on Amazon..Very excited to see how Mike Bowditch is..Susan.

I keep checking the Announcement section for a new FL but haven't seen anything since Three Seconds.  I'm getting antsy.  Just finished The Man From Beijing.  Very good.  Keeping with the momentum of Stigs Larsson and Three Seconds.  Murder and mystery has never been my genre until I started reading Swedish authors.  Now I can't get enough!

Dear Literature..Sad so Sad No FirstLook.We really enjoy that club.."Three Seconds has been Optioned for a Movie..." Surely Anders and Borge will be involved.On The Swedish Front,,I have ":Red Wolf"by Liz Markland to start and ."In the Middle of "A Child al Confino"I posted a bit about the book on "Fiction" even though its a Memoir.  So good...On The UF/Paranormal front.."Shadowfever" Book 5 Author Karen Mooing..The Series is so special and Book five ,The Cover is a work of art..."The Man from Beijing" has always sparked my interest.Glad you found a new Genre.Crime/Murder/Mystery.So many favorites.I'll be on The Lookout Tower of BN for FirstLook,See you soon...Have a look at" Linda Fairstein.."She is a New York City Writer.and Marthas Vineyard....I won't tell you much about her background,,But she writes Amazing,smart Books.."Crime" with a Capital "C"..With New York City Landmarks as backdrops.Sophisticated and Gritty  ...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
Donna_Fasano
0 Kudos

I have a brand new romance novel available for Nook.

Mountain Laurel is the first of my backlist books. This book was previously published by Silhouette. It's a sweet romance, suitable for any romance reader between the ages of 15 and 105. :-)

This book finaled in Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart contest.

I hope you'll download a sample and see if the story is something you might enjoy. And look for more Donna Clayton romance novels coming soon!!

Thanks!

~Donna~

Author of
Mountain Laurel, $2.99
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Mountain-Laurel/Donna-Clayton/e/2940012070777/?itm=1&USRI=mountain+laurel+clayton
and
The Merry-Go-Round, $2.99
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Merry-Go-Round/Donna-Fasano/e/2940000821954/?itm=1&USRI=the+merry-go-round+fasano
Contributor
BookCore
0 Kudos

The Larsson books are a trilogy, yes.  I just finished "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and it just gets better and better as it goes along.  The first chapter is boring, but you can safely just skim it and you'll get a good idea of what you need to know for the rest.  Lisbeth Salander ROCKS!  And so does Mikael Blomqvist.  We could sure use a journalist like him here in the U.S.!

Contributor
Donna_Fasano
0 Kudos

PS I wanted to add that I also write women's fiction as Donna Clayton. The Merry-Go-Round is a humorous look at divorce and love. 

All professional attorney Lauren wants is to step off the merry-go-round of marriage, and she's stunned when she wins a dilapidated carousel in the divorce settlement. Charmed by the vintage contraption, she decides to refurbish the circus animals. Her world is also inundated with a cast of delightful but crazy clients. Will Lauren let life continue to spin her in circles, or will she reach out and grab the brass ring?

I hope you'll check it out!

The Merry-Go-Round    

All the best,

~Donna~

Author of
Mountain Laurel, $2.99
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Mountain-Laurel/Donna-Clayton/e/2940012070777/?itm=1&USRI=mountain+laurel+clayton
and
The Merry-Go-Round, $2.99
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Merry-Go-Round/Donna-Fasano/e/2940000821954/?itm=1&USRI=the+merry-go-round+fasano
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

literature wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

literature wrote:

For those of you that did the First Look, Paul Doiron's The Poacher's Son, the second book in the series is due to come out in June 2011.  It's called "Trespasser" and picks up eight months after the end of The Poacher's Son.  It will be interesting to see what Paul has in store for the game warden this go-round.

Thank you literature, I saw that on Amazon..Very excited to see how Mike Bowditch is..Susan.

I keep checking the Announcement section for a new FL but haven't seen anything since Three Seconds.  I'm getting antsy.  Just finished The Man From Beijing.  Very good.  Keeping with the momentum of Stigs Larsson and Three Seconds.  Murder and mystery has never been my genre until I started reading Swedish authors.  Now I can't get enough!

Dear Literature..Sad so Sad No FirstLook.We really enjoy that club.."Three Seconds has been Optioned for a Movie..." Surely Anders and Borge will be involved.On The Swedish Front,,I have ":Red Wolf"by Liz Markland to start and ."In the Middle of "A Child al Confino"I posted a bit about the book on "Fiction" even though its a Memoir.  So good...On The UF/Paranormal front.."Shadowfever" Book 5 Author Karen Mooing..The Series is so special and Book five ,The Cover is a work of art..."The Man from Beijing" has always sparked my interest.Glad you found a new Genre.Crime/Murder/Mystery.So many favorites.I'll be on The Lookout Tower of BN for FirstLook,See you soon...Have a look at" Linda Fairstein.."She is a New York City Writer.and Marthas Vineyard....I won't tell you much about her background,,But she writes Amazing,smart Books.."Crime" with a Capital "C"..With New York City Landmarks as backdrops.Sophisticated and Gritty  ...Susan

Hi Vermot,

I just finished the Stigs Larsson trilogy today.  Most people thought the Hornet's Nest was not in line with the first two books, but I thought it had such a human side to it.  He made all the main characters so, so real and brought out the best in all of them.  What a team the good guys were.  In fact, in retrospect, I liked the Hornet's Nest the best.  He was definitely a genius. 

Between reading these three books in the past six months, doing Three Seconds in the FL and then reading The Man from Beijing, my brain is pretty fried.  My library book club is meeting this coming Thursday for The Great Gatsby.  I was still in the roaring 20's frame of mind from The Vixen when I reread Gatsby and wish everyone from FL could be with me for The Gatsby discussion.  Even though my library group is quite analytical, it's still not the "FLers".  

One can only dream...when is the next FL?

Yours, Lit

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

I've been trying to locate the schedule for the next (March) selection in General Fiction but can't find it.  I tried to reserve Saving Max from my library but have yet to be called and the discussion has already started.  Help!

Thanks

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Savage Beauty  Hi. Lit....Post on "General Fiction.".Debbie The Moderator will help..I know she has a Thread of upcoming Books,she is very organized......I Love "The Great Gatsby"  Probably read it at least twice..I just love That Era..Also one of My Favorite Books.that I posted..... If FirstLook is "Trashed" so to speak..many disappointed BNers  I did mention they could charge us ,a small fee....I hope we all get together again in a BC..Maybe when "Ingenue"is released...I do some  UF/Paranormal..But not everyone is into that Genre.. Some excellent Authors.I have discovered,by recommendation..   Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

@BookCore: thanks for the info.
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

This is my 3rd book club so i know a lot of people now. I hope this one is as much fun as the other ones I'm on!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi