Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Arizona2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Community Room!

Hello, my name is Terry.  I am new to B&N Community.  My profile is new and I'm still getting familiar with the site.  Look forward to sharing. :smileywink:

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Arizona2008 wrote:

Hello, my name is Terry.  I am new to B&N Community.  My profile is new and I'm still getting familiar with the site.  Look forward to sharing. :smileywink:

Welcome, Terry!  Hope you find some discussion boards here that match your interests!  Look forward to seeing your posts!

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

literature wrote:

I've been trying to locate the schedule for the next (March) selection in General Fiction but can't find it.  I tried to reserve Saving Max from my library but have yet to be called and the discussion has already started.  Help!

Thanks

July: Susan Wiggs Just Breathe 

August: Zoe Klein Drawing in the Dust 

September: Jim Colombo The Keys to the Vault 

October: Mary Sharratt Daughters of the Witching Hill 

November: Julie Compton Rescuing Olivia 

December: No Book

January: Dori Ostermiller Outside the Ordinary World 

February: Antoinette Van Heugten Saving Max 

March:  Marilyn Brant Friday Mornings at Nine 

April: James J. Kaufman The Collectibles

Literature -- the above is from a thread on the General Fiction Board: A Running Tally of Gen Fiction Reads by Month and Year Ascending

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
ervinlinder
0 Kudos

Hello my name is ervin linder

New User
jannypan
0 Kudos

This is related to my 1st book club with BN. Jan 5th A Fortunate Age discussion begins...How can I find out what time...and can I discuss in the pop up window...I want to be involved..so I hope you can help..Thanks , Susan. I do check the new Posts concerning this ,maybe they just haven't posted the time...I am a bit neurotic about this...

http://www.buymaplestory.com/
 http://www.buymaplestory.com/Maple-Story-NX-Cash-Card.k

http://www.buymaplestory.com/Maple-Story-US.mesos

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

@jannypan,

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're looking for.  The First Look group for Joanna Smith Rakoff's

A Fortunate Age 

took place over two years ago.  Unfortunately, the First Look program has been disbanded but check out the other genre groups to see what everyone is currently reading.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

jannypan wrote:

This is related to my 1st book club with BN. Jan 5th A Fortunate Age discussion begins...How can I find out what time...and can I discuss in the pop up window...I want to be involved..so I hope you can help..Thanks , Susan. I do check the new Posts concerning this ,maybe they just haven't posted the time...I am a bit neurotic about this...

http://www.buymaplestory.com/
 http://www.buymaplestory.com/Maple-Story-NX-Cash-Card.k

http://www.buymaplestory.com/Maple-Story-US.mesos

Unfortunately TheFirstLook Club has been disbanded..Lets see what happens though .We have offered to pay for a book,if they would Bring it Back..Working on it ..Look on The Announcement Board..and subscribe to it ,,So if it is brought back,,It should be posted.there..Many BNers are Very Open to Meeting up again and having great conversations discussing a book,,Have a look around,you might find other Book Discussions...Depending on what genres you are interested in...Post any time and we will try and help you,,We have not given up....Susan VTC...A Fortunate age as Melissa said ,was 2yrs ago...Look at Discussions then you can see FirstLook and all the wonderful Books we have discussed,,Some even went straight to NYTimes Bestseller list...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

literature wrote:

I've been trying to locate the schedule for the next (March) selection in General Fiction but can't find it.  I tried to reserve Saving Max from my library but have yet to be called and the discussion has already started.  Help!

Thanks

July: Susan Wiggs Just Breathe 

August: Zoe Klein Drawing in the Dust 

September: Jim Colombo The Keys to the Vault 

October: Mary Sharratt Daughters of the Witching Hill 

November: Julie Compton Rescuing Olivia 

December: No Book

January: Dori Ostermiller Outside the Ordinary World 

February: Antoinette Van Heugten Saving Max 

March:  Marilyn Brant Friday Mornings at Nine 

April: James J. Kaufman The Collectibles

Literature -- the above is from a thread on the General Fiction Board: A Running Tally of Gen Fiction Reads by Month and Year Ascending

Thanks, Pepper,  I have my copies of both Friday Mornings at Nine and The Collectibles  and am looking forward to March 7 very eagerly.  No fun not being part of the BN discussions! 

Am reading Little Bee for another book discussion and am reserving my opinion until I finish it.  In retrospect I'm sure I will find it very interesting.  Just some parts are too passively written.

I'm sure we'll talk next week.

Frequent Contributor
PhilipChen
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Phil Chen and am new to the B&N Community.  I hope to become an active member as the days go on.  My background is as eclectic as can be.  I have been a ocean research engineer, an environmental engineer, a trial attorney, a corporate executive, and an investment banker. In fact one of my mentors once said, "Chen, it isn't that you can't hold down a job; you can't even hold down a career."

In 2007, I decided to try cartooning. I will be contributing some of my cartoons to hopefully put a smile on a few faces once in a while.  My first few can be found here.

I am also a first time author and, as you can see below, I have also figured out how to add images to the signature line.  If you are interested in doing the same, send me a Private Message and I will try to do one for you as well.  I caution you that I have had mixed success with the few that I have done so far. 

Phil

Frequent Contributor
ginger-maci

hi everyone! just purchased my nook color on friday, and am loving it! i'd wanted a nook for a while, but couldn't justify the cost, but finally decided to treat myself and am so happy i did.