Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
DJ327
0 Kudos

Re: What Cartoon Did You Grow Up With As A Kid?

I was really little (like six or seven) when those shows were on, but I remember watching them.

I remember watching...

Animaniacs

Transformers (original)

Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh (both original)

Loony Toons

Tom and Jerry (I see once and a while on Cartoon Network now and then)

Earth worm Jim

Smurfs

The Flinstons

The Jetsons

Scooby-Doo (original)

I think thats about it.

In the great words of Jimmy Hughes, "you don't get the meals you've missed back." - Mike O'Malley from Yes, Dear
Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There were soooo many shows that I watched when I was a kid. My absolute favorties were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, and Care Bears. :smileyhappy:

I almost feel bad for kids these days. The cartoons they have now don't even compare.

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
Frequent Contributor
DJ327
0 Kudos

I forgot He-Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

And I was 5

I feel bad too, all the shows back then were way better than the shows that are on now.

They need to make a channel that shows all those old shows.

I know that me and my parents would watch it.

In the great words of Jimmy Hughes, "you don't get the meals you've missed back." - Mike O'Malley from Yes, Dear
Contributor
Dreamer_Gal
0 Kudos

Wow these cartoons bring back some memories :smileyhappy:

Those of you who posted Johnny Quest, Space Ghost, The Smurfs, and Captain Caveman....thanks alot.....I feel really old now!!! LOL

Come to think of it....I can't believe I watched these ...ha ha. Well, okay, maybe Johnny Quest was alright....I used to think he was cute :smileyhappy:   I can't believe I just typed that...LOL

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

DJ327 wrote:

I forgot He-Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

And I was 5

I feel bad too, all the shows back then were way better than the shows that are on now.

They need to make a channel that shows all those old shows.

I know that me and my parents would watch it.

It's called Cartoon, Cartoon. Available in some area, neighbor has satellite and still gets it. But it dropped off my local cable line up.

Inspired Contributor
2manybooks2read
0 Kudos

My Little Ponys

Care Bears

Pound Puppies

Yugioh-Original(sp?)

Pokemon-Original(sp?)

Disney everything(micky mouse,donald duck,goofy,ect..)

Little Mermaid series

Aladdin series

Scooby Doo

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Mightin Morphin Power Rangers(I know it's not a cartoon but one of my favorites)

Growing Pains(also not a cartoon)

Boy meets World(also not a cartoon)

~Nikki
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:
I did forget to add Captain Kangaroo and Electric Company

Do you remember the Tom Terrific cartoons on Captain Kangaroo?  That was such an imaginative cartoon!  I just loved it!

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

When I was really young, there was a show on TV (we're talking about only six channels at the time, lol)  called Andy's Gang.  It starred Andy Devine and I think he read the Sunday comics to us, along with his animated friend "Froggy" ("Plunk your magic twanger, Froggy!" ).  Interspersed were episodes of Gunga The East Indian Boy, I think.   I really loved that show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy's_Gang

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

The Flintstones (I now own every episode on DVD)

The Jetsons

Spiderman (At least once every episode, every villain would shout, "Silence, worm!" and "Seize him, you fools!")

Superman

Batman

The Fantastic Four

Aquaman (This was before many of them were combined into what was then called the Justice League of America.)

Birdman (I think I'm the only person who ever watched this one.)

Super President (See Birdman comment.)

Speed Racer (On in the afternoons, not on Saturday mornings.  I still sometimes wear a Speed Racer necktie to work.  One morning, while waiting in line for the bagel vendor, one of the consultants and I sang the entire theme song together.  The twenty-somethings were all looking at each other like, "The old guys are going nuts again!")

The following aren't cartoons -- they're Supermarionation -- but still . . .

Fireball XL5

Stingray (I own the episodes)

This one wasn't even Supermarionation, but it was being broadcast out of New York City on Saturday afternoons (after the cartoons) during the late 1960's, so I'm going to include it here anyway:  The Champions.  It was two men and a woman who had been given superpowers by, I think, monks from some monastery in Tibet (or something like that).  They could do things like run fast, communicate with each other telepathically, see in the dark, and, according to one opening sequence, do other people's crossword puzzles really well on a train (does anyone else who remembers the show remember that one?).  For some reason, this show really appealed to me; I never understood why The Avengers was so much more popular.

Jeff

Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

I'm still pretty young but I like all the old school cartoons! Looney tunes was awesome I love Tom and Jerry... I used to sit up late at night when I was little and watch Cartoon Network. Ahh to be a kid again...

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell