Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Re: What are some good teen books?

The Princess & The Thug 

Taming The Golden Boys of Central High

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Contributor
SusanHatler
0 Kudos

The Boyfriend Bylaws  

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

These are fantasy/steampunk/sci-fi/supernatural romance books for teens. Most will probably appeal to female readers more than male:

I loved

Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set. These books are action-pack and feature a female protagonist with strong male supporting characters. The society is dystopian and puts its children/teens in win or die games. (Note, the books are available separately.)

I also really enjoyed the action adventure/fantasy

The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set . (Books also are available separately, and the fourth book, City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments Series #4) Exclusive Edition, is scheduled for release April 5.)

I've seen very good things written about these books too:

Personal Demons (supernatural romance with a soul),

Leviathan and 

Behemoth (a steampunk action/adventure),

Hush, Hush and

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2) (wildly popular fallen angel romance),

Across the Universe (Sci-Fi and romance for teens),

The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles Series #2) and

The Exiled Queen (The Seven Realms Series) (wildly popular fantasy for tweens and teens),

Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1)

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2) and

Passion (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #3) (supernatural romance with female protagonist),

Unearthly (new and popular).

That's all I can think of right now.

Also, the Bookseller Picks blog has quite a few teen recommendations. You should check it out.

Further, if you post a request for recommendations on the Teen board, I'm sure you'll get a a lot of suggestions.        

New User
missash
0 Kudos

Meant to Be is a book that I heard about on Twitter that is getting a lot of buzz. The author is a new self published author. From what everyone is saying, the book is great. I am buying it myself. Here is the link for Barnes and Noble. By the way. I love the cover, so beautiful.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Meant-to-Be/Tiffany-King/e/2940012277657/?itm=1&USRI=meant+to+be+ti...

Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto
0 Kudos

How about Kelley Armstrong's Summoning series? Or Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series? There's also Shiver & Linger, and a couple really good ones by Kirsten Cashore. I really liked Graceling. 

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.