Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Re: What are some good teen books?

The Princess & The Thug 

Taming The Golden Boys of Central High

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Contributor
SusanHatler
0 Kudos

The Boyfriend Bylaws  

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

These are fantasy/steampunk/sci-fi/supernatural romance books for teens. Most will probably appeal to female readers more than male:

I loved

Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set. These books are action-pack and feature a female protagonist with strong male supporting characters. The society is dystopian and puts its children/teens in win or die games. (Note, the books are available separately.)

I also really enjoyed the action adventure/fantasy

The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set . (Books also are available separately, and the fourth book, City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments Series #4) Exclusive Edition, is scheduled for release April 5.)

I've seen very good things written about these books too:

Personal Demons (supernatural romance with a soul),

Leviathan and 

Behemoth (a steampunk action/adventure),

Hush, Hush and

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2) (wildly popular fallen angel romance),

Across the Universe (Sci-Fi and romance for teens),

The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles Series #2) and

The Exiled Queen (The Seven Realms Series) (wildly popular fantasy for tweens and teens),

Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1)

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2) and

Passion (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #3) (supernatural romance with female protagonist),

Unearthly (new and popular).

That's all I can think of right now.

Also, the Bookseller Picks blog has quite a few teen recommendations. You should check it out.

Further, if you post a request for recommendations on the Teen board, I'm sure you'll get a a lot of suggestions.        

New User
missash
0 Kudos

Meant to Be is a book that I heard about on Twitter that is getting a lot of buzz. The author is a new self published author. From what everyone is saying, the book is great. I am buying it myself. Here is the link for Barnes and Noble. By the way. I love the cover, so beautiful.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Meant-to-Be/Tiffany-King/e/2940012277657/?itm=1&USRI=meant+to+be+ti...

Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto
0 Kudos

How about Kelley Armstrong's Summoning series? Or Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series? There's also Shiver & Linger, and a couple really good ones by Kirsten Cashore. I really liked Graceling. 

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.