Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Patty_Champion
0 Kudos

Re: What are some good teen books?

I work in a high school / public library... here are some favorites of the kids here...

Rangers apprentice series by John Flanagan

Clique series by Lisi Harrison

Maximum ride series by James Patterson

All the books by Charlaine Harris

Anything about vampires :-)

Halo series (about the game) is really popular with the guys

Also, check out ALA's websiste. The Young Adult Library Services Assoc. (YALSA) has some great reading lists for teens. We use their readings lists to buys books for our library because they cover such a wide variety of topics and reading leves.

Patty
New User
xarroc
0 Kudos

oh yes,

The following books I absolutly adore.  (I am a teen so I know exactly what is the best, lol)

1. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  2. Harry Potter (Obvious) - J.K. Rowling
  3. Ranger's Apprentice Series
  4. Eragon Series - by Paloski
  5.  Jane Eyre (Very Romantic Book) - by Charllote Bronte
  6. Twilight (For Girls Only) - Stephanie Meyers
  7. Da Vinci Code ( A Bit Deep)
  8. Artemis Fowl Series (for younger teens)

There are many more,  but those are the ones I highly recommend.

You can not find audio books on Jane Eyre thought because it was published in the 1800's.  I am not sure if they already have one, but just FYI.

Thanks and I hope that this was useful.

Xarroc from how to tie a tie

Frequent Contributor
learningdragon
0 Kudos

Evening!

Have you read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman? I also enjoyed the Darren Shan series, What My Mother Doesn't Know, the Inkheart series, the Pendragon series. Let me know what you think! I'm sure that you've read the Twilight Series.

New User
AimeeStinson
0 Kudos

The Drama Unfolds written by Andrea Kulman

I have the book, it is good for teens.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Drama-Unfolds/Andrea-M-Kulman/e/9781606100370/?itm=1&bnit=H&bnr...

I am writing a Teen Book, but it is not published.

I like writing Childrens Books.

Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

One of my favorite series is The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray. The first book in the trilogy is A Great and Terrible Beauty, and it is soooooo good. It's about a girl who gets sent to a school in England during the victorian age after her mother dies. But, Gemma can see visions and realizes she belongs to a secret society called the Order. It's one of my favorite books (besides Twilight and Harry Potter, of course) Right now I'm reading Evermore by Alyson Noel, and I really like that too. If you're into vampires, you should try the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz.
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
New User
SavvyS
0 Kudos

Have you discovered Shannon  Hale? The Goos girl is my absolute favortie, followed by Book of a Thousand days. She is an awesome writer....all of her stuff is great.

Brandon Mull's Fablehaven is a good fantasy series too.

Have fun, there's SO much out there!

Frequent Contributor
kolormekitten
0 Kudos

Yeah for sure i have read the twilight books, the clique books, meg cabot and some of the others but i havnt heard of some of them. i will have to look into them.

Right now i am reading dont judge a girl by her cover by ally carter and its amazing!

Nox
Correspondent
Nox
0 Kudos

Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set 

Fairly legendary by now.

My favorite series.

Sad but amazing.

His Dark Materials Boxed Set 

Everyone knows this one by now.

I'm suprised nobody mentioned it.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Three Volume Boxed Set 

There's 5 books in all, it's a fun read, shame it's not bigger.

It's much like Artemis Fowl only here mythology is dominant.

Great books.

Marked (House of Night Series #1) The Vampire Diaries Evernight Night World Secret Circle Book of Shadows (Sweep Series #1) Inkheart (Inkheart Trilogy #1) The City of Ember (Books of Ember Series #1) Wake Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1) Graceling The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1) Magyk (Septimus Heap Series #1) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1) The Giver Eragon (Inheritance Cycle #1) The Abhorsen Trilogy Box Set                 

----------------------------------------
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Frequent Contributor
Ivonne
0 Kudos

You can find a good list of teen books here: www.bookreadertimes.proboards.com

Hi,

I just wanted to share this information with you guys. Book Reader Times is a book club forum. They have really good monthly giveaways. They are having a "Short Story" contest going on now with great prizes. I will post the links and you can check it out if you wish.

link for short story contest: http://www.bookreadertimes.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=contests&thread=223&page=1

forum link: www.bookreadertimes.proboards.com

New User
DANCINGBUGG
0 Kudos

Terraem is a good book.  Here is the Summary:

Fourteen year-old Menaha Ohlend has never quite felt as if she fit in. She spends most of her time alone trying to ignore the strange noises and voices she often hears inside her head. After winning a sponsored essay contest, Menaha can hardly believe her luck as the grand prize is a trip to Camp Squamish, a place she has dreamt of going her entire life. Yet, Camp Squamish will have to wait, for Menaha will soon enter a world beyond her wildest imagination. The van waiting in the parking lot will not be taking her to summer camp, but will instead be the first step on a journey to Terraem, eight light years away, where she was not only born, but where her father, someone she has not seen for years, has been living all her life. With the help of her new Terraemi friends Sananda and Soter, will soon learn to grow and understand her natural gifts, both as a young Terraemi put onto Earth for a specific purpose, and as a normal teenage girl growing up in North America.

Link to the book and author:

http://terraem.com/index.php