05-22-2010 10:35 AM
05-22-2010 10:37 AM
is that a joke! Twilight sucks! there's no plot whatsoever, but if you like reading about pasty emos that obsess over their boyfriends and have nothing else to do but complain go right ahead, but if you have any good taste then you'll stay away
05-26-2010 10:27 PM
Well personally i stumbled across two really good books lately One is called FALLEN by Lauren Kate . and the other is Hush,Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. they both are very good and interesting i recommend them .
05-28-2010 12:12 PM - edited 05-28-2010 12:13 PM
-Anything by Tamora Pierce.She writes fantasy with mostly girl heros.
Alanna the First Adventure is my favorite.
-The Chronicles of Narnia-these are classics and no one should miss reading them.
-Of course Twilight and Harry Potter
-Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is one of the best books I have ever read.
-A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
05-29-2010 03:18 PM
Some of the ones my daughter and I really enjoyed:
- Inheritance Series (Eragon, Eldest, etc)
- The Immortals series (Evermore, Blue Moon...)
- Hunger Games Series
- Hush Hush
- Darkest Powers Series (Summoning, awakeing)
- House of Night Series
- Before I fall
- Vampire Academy Series
- The Host
- Twilight Series
- Harry Potter Series
- The Princess Bride
- The Shimmer
- Witch and Wizard
That should be a pretty good start for the summer. = D
05-29-2010 04:13 PM
Whale Song is very popular with teens and pre-teens.
It explores issues like racism, bullying, friendship and family. It's been used in classrooms across the US and Canada as a novel study. A NATO school in Germany recently used it as their Canadian literature novel study.
Though there are a few print copies floating around, Whale Song is out of print. It's available as an ebook though via major ebook retailers and should be available on B&N as an ebook in the future.
bestselling Canadian suspense author
AKA... Cherish D'Angelo
romantic suspense author
05-31-2010 09:39 PM
- Speak by Laurie Anderson
- The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
- Meagan Meade's guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
- A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
- Wake, Fade, and Gone by Lisa McMann
- The Principals of Love series by Emily Franklin
- Sweet Valley High series by Pascal
- The Remarkable Life and Times of Eliza Rose by Mary Hooper
- Read my Lips by Brown
- Bewitching Season and Betraying Season by Marissa Doyle
- Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
- Coffeehouse Angel and Saving Juliet by Susan Selfors
- The Evernight series by Claudia Grey
- The Season by Sarah MacLean
- The Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard
- Jerk by Jonathan Friesen
- The China Garden by Liz Berry
06-16-2010 03:58 PM
There is a young adult novel entitled "Takeoffs and Landings" that is simply extraordinary, and for real reading pleasure, the kind you'll never put down and then hate when they end...try the novels of Connie Willis (technically in the science-fiction section, but don't be put off by that, she exceeds the genre into something far more human) most especially her books "Doomsday Book" and "Lincoln's Dreams" (a real heartbreaker, that).
11-15-2010 09:22 PM
The forbidden game- l.j.smith
dark visions -l.j.smith
twilight series- Stephanie Meyer
The Harry potter series-j.k.rowling
frozen fire-Tim bowler
nobody's princess-Esther friener
welcome to The ark-Stephanie s. tolan
The sight-Judy blundell
The summoning-Kelly Armstrong
The maze runner-James dashner