Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
kolormekitten
0 Kudos

What are some good teen books?

I am looking to go buy some more teen books but i am out of ideas. What are some really good teen books? I normally like just like teen drama books, horror books, and suspense.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

Re: What are some good teen books?

Have you read Uglies by Scott Westerfield (at least I think that's his name)?

There's that series...umm...let me think.

Books by Annette Curtis Klause are pretty good--like Blood and Chocolate.

Any Meg Cabot books.

Lurlene McDaniel books

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
kolormekitten
0 Kudos

oh yes i love the meg cabot books! and i was going to read the uglies series but i did not kno if they were any good..
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

Yeah, they are pretty good. I've only read the first one, but I'm going to read the rest of the series. They are different, that's one thing I can say for sure. 

Have you read the Artemis Fowl series or anything else by Eoin Colfer?

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
kolormekitten
0 Kudos

no i have not read any thing about that author yet? What are his books about?
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever

well, Artemis Fowl is about a 12 yr. old genius. And that's a whole series now--there are six books in the series. And The Supernaturalist is pretty good. It's kind of hard to describe, but it is a really good book.
New User
olj429
0 Kudos

I highly recommend "Zan Gah" By Allan Richard Schickman. We have given this book to all four grandchildren, ages 11, 14, 18, 22. Each of them loved it. We've also given it for gifts to tweeners, teens and young adults. My husband and I are in our 60s -- we loved it, too. You can't go wrong with this book.

Lou

Frequent Contributor
kolormekitten
0 Kudos

all of these books sound so good!
Frequent Contributor
lilacbouquet

I'm reading this book called "Eon: Dragoneye Reborn" right now. It's actually really good! It has a lot of eastern/asian themes in it. I don't know if you're into the whole dragon/fantasy thing, but I think it's awesome. It's kind of like Mulan, the main character is a girl masquerading as a boy.

It's suspenseful. :smileyhappy:

- Emily
"The test of literature is, I suppose, whether we ourselves live more intensely for the reading of it." - Elizabeth Drew
Contributor
Lovetoread09
0 Kudos

If you haven't already been "bitten" by the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer you are in for quite a treat!  Not only are her books a great read for teens, she captivates all ages and elicits the perfect form of escapism....enjoy!