Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
vballgrl_22
0 Kudos

What book are you currently reading??

Midnight for Charlie Bone
By: Jenny Nimmo
3 Ana
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Re: What book are you currently reading??

"A Secret History" ---Donna Tartt
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
Baker
0 Kudos

i think the series im reading is called the reancliff series im not sure but so far it is really good.
Baker
Frequent Contributor
Memnochx
0 Kudos

The boy who couldn't not die
by: William Sleator
Photobucket
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Recommendations, especially for teens:

Catch, by Will Leitch. You will laugh out loud, I promise. Excellent characterizations. Very funny/true perceptions about life and people in general.

Looking for Alaska, by John Green. This book will make you want to go away to boarding school.

Message Edited by Stephanie on 10-16-2007 09:42 PM
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
thinker
0 Kudos

I've got the habit of reading too many books at any one time so right now i'm on 'The Da Vinci Code', 'Prisoner of Zenda' and 'Madame Bovary'

Thinker
Thinker
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

I've got the habit of reading too many books at any one time

No, no. That's a good habit. There's no such thing as too many books, either on the shelves or reading.
0 Kudos

A Walk with Jane Austin by Lori Smith
The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
and re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
~ PEGSmom~
"It's our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities" Albus Dumbledore
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
PEGSmom
0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:
I've got the habit of reading too many books at any one time

No, no. That's a good habit. There's no such thing as too many books, either on the shelves or reading.

What books are you reading Everyman?
~ PEGSmom~
"It's our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities" Albus Dumbledore
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Mark Twain
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Okay, you guys have encouraged me to rephrase my post. I am actually reading multiple things. Though I'm focusing on the former: The Secret History. I'm also plowing through "Middlesex," and "His Dark Materials"

By the way, hello, Peg! :smileyhappy: I've been hoping someone would branch out to other clubs sooner or later...
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."