Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: What book are you currently reading??

BookwormJen wrote:
I just started "Water for Elephants" today--and am halfway through it already. It's wonderful. Next on my nightstand is "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold.

These are both read worthy books!
Frequent Contributor
BookwormJen
0 Kudos

I'm amazed at how drawn into this book I am----the characters are so real. I can't wait to pick it up again this evening!
Frequent Contributor
flyjo9
0 Kudos

BookwormJen wrote:
I'm amazed at how drawn into this book I am----the characters are so real. I can't wait to pick it up again this evening!

Lovely Bones is a very beautiful, uplifting book. Haven't read the other. I jusst finished The Subtle Knife and am now on to a mystery Scots on the Rocks, by Mary Daheim. I am new to her, but it sounded like a fun read. Of course, I read many other books as well, but the current one is above. The others are read in segments and may takes weeks, even months to finish, certainly months. LOL
Contributor
platypuscb
0 Kudos

I AM CURRENTLY READING THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS
Contributor
OldMustyBooks
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BookwormJen wrote:
I just started "Water for Elephants" today--and am halfway through it already. It's wonderful.

I just started it a couple of days ago. I'm really enjoying the story!

I just finished "Kite Runner" - another great one, and "The House at Riverton".

Next on my list, after "Water for Elephants" is "Maggie A Girl of the Streets" by Stephen Crane and "The Second Tree from the Corner" by E.B. White. Mixed into that is Ulysses by James Joyce... but I suspect this one will take me a long time to get through. Edited to add: Oh Yeah, and I'm reading "Love in the time of Cholera"

Message Edited by OldMustyBooks on 01-10-2008 01:01 PM
To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions. ~William James
New User
Rickyg_49
0 Kudos

PARADISE lOST by J.A.Jance
Ricky_49_TEXAS
Wordsmith
maude40
0 Kudos

Just finished "The Dante Club" Great book by Matthew Pearl.

It's made me want to go back to The Divine Comedy and reread it.
Yvonne
Wordsmith
maude40
0 Kudos

Right now reading "Coal Black Horse by Robert Olmstead. Great Civil War book.
Yvonne
Frequent Contributor
Kourt
0 Kudos

Right now I am reading I am Legend and Hell House.
Frequent Contributor
peculiarbelle
0 Kudos

Kourt wrote:
Right now I am reading I am Legend and Hell House.

Oh I LOVE RICHARD MATHESON! Kourt, when you are done reading "I Am Legend" would you mind if we discussed it? I had a discussion with a friend and I would like to know your views on it!
"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself."