Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Re: What book are you currently reading??

I read it and loved it!. I think I mentioned it on another board that also has a " what are you reading thread ".

I will definitely be re-reading it. Are you going to participate in the discussion next month?

NavyAirMom wrote:

Just now finished GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY.  Absolutley wonderful!  I have been reading most of these posts and am very surprised that I did not see this book mentioned here.  I whole heartedly suggest you read this book.  I couldn't (didn't) put it down.

Theresa

**We make plans, God laughs**

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Contributor
bottom_dweller
0 Kudos

I am reading "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb, and listening to "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt (sp?)

"Diving is my life. Everything else is just a surface interval"
Contributor
scarlett77
0 Kudos

I am reading through three books of short stories, The Jack Vance Treasury, Tales of Terror and Mystery (compiled by Alfred Hitchcock), and Great American Short Stories. I have just recently gotten into short stories after reading The Complete Short Stories of Flannery O'Connor and The Harry Crews Reader, both of which I highly recommend.
http://www,finehomedecor101.com
Unusual, Intelligent, Fun items for Home and Office Decor...
New User
DEEM
0 Kudos

Maybe ill partake in the next discussion. When is it?
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

DEEM wrote:
Maybe ill partake in the next discussion. When is it?

To which discussion are yoou referring?
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Contributor
LadyJ10
0 Kudos

Im currently ready the Sisterhood of the traveling pants-The second summer  AND The Kennedy Curse by Edward Klein
"A man has only one life time. But history can remember you forever."
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Currently struggling through Feather Man. Ay yi yi...
Contributor
princessrexall
0 Kudos

Currently reading Rabbit Run by Updike... there are a ton on my to do list... I can't read more than one at a time.  David Copperfield is next.  Just finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. 

Jodi Picoult:  Nineteen Minutes, The Pact and My Sister's Keeper... the only ones worth reading in my opinion.   

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I just picked up Personal Days by Ed Park, which is a very funny, quick read about life in a somewhat typical American corporate environment.   Interestingly its written in the first person plural, which comes off as sort of gimmicky at first, but it actually works very well for the type of story and environment he's portraying. 
Message Edited by Jon_B on 08-29-2008 06:45 AM

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu1
0 Kudos

I just started Tom Cruise by Andrew Morton.  Just started it las night so no opinions yet but I have the sense that he's gunning for him.