Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: What book are you currently reading??

A Fortunate Age..finishing soon..going over some Austin..But if you liked The Kite Runner,which I also liked so much,you would probably get into "Snow' by Orhan Pamuk..takes place in Turkey..excellent ..provocative.
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
Timbuktu2
0 Kudos

I'm reading The Confessions by St. Augustine.  I love autobiographies and this is the first.  I find it fascinating.  It combines Plato, with the bible and invents what becomes  church doctrine.
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Are you enjoying Waiting for Snow in Havana?It really allowed me a look into what some people have spoken about,The Beautiful Island of Cuba..not sure how well it did,but it is certainly a very good read...ME: Austin S&S for discussion group and re-reaing Ursula,Under author Ingrid Hill..vtc
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
New User
dmusyc2
0 Kudos

Currently reading 'The Innocent Traitor - The Story of Lady Jane Grey'

Next will be 'Katherine' by Anya Seaton or 'Helen of Troy' by Margaret George

"In the end it is not the words of our enemies we
remember, it is the silence of our friends"
Contributor
Sofia
0 Kudos

Hell House-Richard Matheson
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I have just finished reading TheWitch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho.And I read three cups of tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. Both were great reads and now I am reading Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand. That is hitting the right spot also.
Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

Currently reading Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I'm half way throught the book and it's finally captured my attention. I'm hoping the last half of the book makes up for the first half. 
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
New User
CMG15
0 Kudos

Soooo I'm reading the book Wild Card by Lora Leigh. And there are a lot of sex scenes, like A LOT. But i suppose you expect that in Lora Leigh novels. But this book has a great story line too. If you want to read it though I'd suggest you read her TEMPTING SEALS series first (Honk If You Love Real Men, Dangerous Games, Real Men Do It Better, HIDDEN AGENDAS!, Killer Secrets, and  Rescue Me) As you can see i love Hidden Agendas. BUt read it!
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Have picked up Soul by Tobsha Learner. Not my normal type of read and I'm not quite sure yet if I will stick with it.

Correspondent
momgee
0 Kudos

Now reading Rococo by Adriana Trigiani
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx