Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: What book are you currently reading??

I just finished up "The hour I first believed" by Wally Lamb which was fabulous. And also The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry which blew me away with that ingenius writing the author did. And I was lucky enought to get a advanced reading edition of Adriana Trigiani's new novel, "Very Valentine" It will be out the first part of February just in time enought for Valentine's day because it is filled with love and happiness. Every book she writes just gets better and better. How does she do it? You definitely want to devour it in one setting. Oh! but savaar it awhile, let it sink in your head and heart and you will be more the better for it.
Correspondent
momgee
0 Kudos

Kiakar - Didn't you just hate to see Very Valentine end? I loved that book!!! If you haven't read, Lucia, Lucia by her, try that one. It's soooo good!!  I reviewed both of them here. She's going to be on center stage I think in Feb. We have to make sure we tell her how great her new book is. I can't wait for the sequels to it.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Correspondent
momgee
0 Kudos

Kiakar, I didn't realize it was that far down, go to bottom of page and hit older posts and then scroll down until you find them .
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
New User
jnet
0 Kudos

I JUST FINISHED LOVE AT FIRST FIGHT BY EULA SLAUSON.THAT WAS A VERY GOOD BOOK.ONCE YOU START READING IT YOU WONT WANT TO PUT IT DOWN. ITS ROMANTIC AND A MYSTERY AT THE SAME TIME.YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS NEXT.USUALLY I READ NICHOLAS SPARKS OR NORA ROBERTS.I HOPE SOMEDAY THEY MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF THIS ONE
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Haven't been able to finish Pest Control. I left it at work and a co-worker took it home. So...I've picked up Still Alice by Lisa Genova--a story about a 50 year old who is diagnosed with Alzheimer's. An easy read so far, and--some of  you out there will understand--easy to read print for those over 40 year old eyes!
Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Just finished The Host by Stephanie Meyer - a very interesting and gripping science fictiony novel that explores human nature.  Currently reading the page-turner third novel of Libby Bray's supernatural trilogy The Sweet Far Thing. The first two, A Great and Terrible Beauty, and Rebel Angels, were equally enjoyable and fun.

Contributor
ellarogue
0 Kudos

Finishing up New Moon - it's such an easy read I don't have trouble reading others as well.

Also just started 'Honolulu' by Alan Brennert. I got an advance reader's copy, the book doesn't come out till March. When I does, I HIGHLY recommend it - I haven't read anything this good since the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. 

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Ghost Train to the Eastern Star  which is an excellent travel book by Paul Theroux.  So far starting in London he's gone by rail, very quickly through Europe, then through Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and now where I am in the book, he's in India.  Looking forward to the rest of his trip into southeast Asia and then finally up to Japan.  Really interesting stuff, he has a way of getting really fascinating dialogue out of the people he meets on his trip.

I just finished Way Through Doors  by Jesse Ball which was wonderful - check out my review!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
New User
dnb4ever
0 Kudos

Hi all! I am new here!  Just finished reading a few.  Shutter Island, dennis lehane.  people of the book, geraldine brooks, wait till next year - doris kearns, a place of execution, val mcdermond and now I am on the 19th wife and waiting for snow in havana.  sometimes i read a couple of books at the same time. 
a chill in the air, a cat on the lap, a mug of chocolate and a good book...ah, paradise!
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

ellarogue wrote:

Also just started 'Honolulu' by Alan Brennert. I got an advance reader's copy, the book doesn't come out till March. When I does, I HIGHLY recommend it - I haven't read anything this good since the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. 

Boy am I glad I read this! I loved Brennert's other book Moloka'i (it's one of my top recommendations) and I'm thrilled he has written a new one! How did you get and advanced copy?