Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

Re: What book are you currently reading??

Paula717 wrote:
Currently reading Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I'm half way throught the book and it's finally captured my attention. I'm hoping the last half of the book makes up for the first half. 

Well, I'm finished and the I have to admit, the last half was very good. It surprised me and I like to be surprised. Still, I don't think it makes up for the first half which was painstakingly slow. But I'd still recommend it, if you have nothing else to read.
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
Contributor
Sofia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
don't give up on Shutter Island!  The end is worth it....:smileyhappy:
Message Edited by Sofia on 02-01-2009 06:34 PM
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Touch the Dark

By: Karen Chance

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

Sofia wrote:
don't give up on Shutter Island!  The end is worth it....:smileyhappy:
Message Edited by Sofia on 02-01-2009 06:34 PM

The ending was very good. It totally surprised me. I never would have guessed... Brilliant! :smileyhappy: 
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

UPS just delivered my book from Barnes and Noble.  "Laced" by Carol Higgins Clark. It is from her Regan Reilly mystery series; I have read a few other books from that series, so I dont think I will be disappointed.
You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I finished up Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand over the weekend and also read Marley and Me. I am now rereading Sense and Senseability over for the book club.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hey Momgee:

I forgot to mention this in my email but I have read this also. I liked it alot but the last one "Very Valentine" of course is better.

momgee wrote:
Now reading Rococo by Adriana Trigiani

Frequent Contributor
lilacbouquet
0 Kudos

"Eon: Dragoneye Reborn" by Alison Goodman. It's actually quite good and it has me interested! Well, I'm just a sucker for dragons anyway. :smileyhappy:
- Emily
"The test of literature is, I suppose, whether we ourselves live more intensely for the reading of it." - Elizabeth Drew
New User
sandra27
0 Kudos

I am now reading the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I am enjoying this book. I had read his other book, A Thousand Splendid Suns and I would have to say that it is an awesome book.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Wow! Sandra!  The book club sounds divine! Enjoy! The Kite Runner is a great read. To me its as good as A thousand Splendid Suns.

sandra27 wrote:
I am now reading the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I am enjoying this book. I had read his other book, A Thousand Splendid Suns and I would have to say that it is an awesome book.