Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
plaidfroggie
0 Kudos

Re: What book are you reading? 2009 edition

I am re-reading 1984 by George Orwell for personal reasons.  I did a book report on it in the 9th grade and want to see how my reaction to his work may have changed now that I am a media blitzed adult.  So far I am loving the book.  Still creeped out by how possible brainwashing the masses can be.

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

basson_mommy12 wrote:

debbook wrote:

Finished Drood and The Hollow and now starting

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie  along with The Last Dickens

oooh!!!  So, what did you think?  I loved it.

I still have a little more to read but so far I totally love it!!

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
New User
SF_Matt
0 Kudos

I am reading 

The Lost Symbol

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Last Night at the Lobster

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Against the Day

So far, I love it.

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Vineland i have a First Edition Hardcover...I pick it up every so often,and I really try to get into it..I feel like I am missing something...What are your thoughts  Vtc 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Well, I haven't read Vineland, though I've been meaning to for a while.  Against the Day is great, it takes place in an alternate late 19th century/early 20th century - so far in the midwest but I suspect the story will go other places, and he has a lot of fun with the language of that era.  There is a lot of history-of-science stuff in there which is a bit past me but Wikipedia helps with that :smileywink:

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Jon_B wrote:

Well, I haven't read Vineland, though I've been meaning to for a while.  Against the Day is great, it takes place in an alternate late 19th century/early 20th century - so far in the midwest but I suspect the story will go other places, and he has a lot of fun with the language of that era.  There is a lot of history-of-science stuff in there which is a bit past me but Wikipedia helps with that :smileywink:

Vineland is very 60's,70's..I can't have too many distractions when I do read it,because it is all over the place,so my attention span must really be focused..Vtc..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

The ever popular, traditional, and "Christmas would not be Christmas without it" book...

A Christmas Carol by Charles DIckens

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Contributor
Luckymag27
0 Kudos

I want to read The Lost Symbol. I'm reading The Blond of the Joke by Bennett Madison.

I am also reading The Peaceful Warrior Collection By Dan Millman.- Amy