Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
MsAddictted
0 Kudos

What to read next?????

I read a little bit of everything but I'm lost on what to read next. I like Nora Roberts, eloisa James, Johanna Lindsey, Lisa kleypas,and gaelen Foley.I'm really big on historical romance and sometimes something with a little spice in it..LOL..I need some good books to read when I'm not busy...any advice???....

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: What to read next?????

How about

Widow's Tale  by maureen Miller or

Endless Night   

also by Maureen Miller

For Historical...

Ariana's Pride  pretty sure it is cheaper on Nook.

If you like Nora Roberts have you tried her J.D. Robb series??? WONDERFUL!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is one of my all time favorite romantic historical books. Big book and great read.  :smileyhappy:

The Bronze Horseman  

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Outlander (Outlander Series #1)  I have to go with my old standby for historical romance.  ...and it is a little spicey!

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

This is not necessarily a romance and not historical but it is spicy.

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum Series #1)  

I am almost through it and I have loved it so far. It is laugh out loud funny! I am definitely hooked on the series after this book.

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

I love Janet Evanovich's series too--that series is by far her best--hilarious and great fun.  You might also like Karen Cantwell's "Take the Monkey's and Run."

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
New User
MsAddictted
0 Kudos

this one sounds good and historical romance is my all time fav.

avid_reader1590 wrote:

This is one of my all time favorite romantic historical books. Big book and great read.  :smileyhappy:

The Bronze Horseman  

New User
MsAddictted
0 Kudos

i have started reading her J.D. Robb books and i cant wait til they can finally settel down and have a family...i can just see Roake as a father....

BearMountainBooks wrote:

How about

Endless Night   

also by Maureen Miller

For Historical...

BearMountainBooks wrote:

How about

Endless Night   

also by Maureen Miller

For Historical...

New User
MaryKL
0 Kudos

There is a new trilogy on the market.  I just read the first book, and I absolutely loved it!  If you want to try something new, well written, a can't put it down book, try Outrun the Rain by Sarah Snyder.

Frequent Contributor
LAX_observer
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)  

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)  I know they've been out there awhile so you might've already read them, but, I recently started reading the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins in-store. I'd highly recommend it, especially if you like edge of your seat novels with meaning behind them. Also if you've got a NOOK of somesort the e-books aren't expensive at all. Happy reading hope this helps with your decision making.